Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is there any reason why the votage settings are not global, but profile-specific?

I went through all the clock frequencies and found the lowest stable voltages, but a Govnah update must have overwrote my settings to default.

It would be much easier to reset alll the voltages if I had to do it once, instead of for every profile.
    I think there is a relationship between clock speed and voltage. In order to save battery, I would assume you want the lowest possible voltage at each speed.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yes, but I have multiple profiles that are similar.

For instance, I have Screenstate 500/1000, Screenstate 500/800, Screenstate 500/600 and Fixed 500 profiles.

I originally made a 500/1000 profile, but went through each clock frequency and knocked down the voltage on each clock while being stable.

I then created the other profiles based on the original to keep all the voltage settings intact for every new profile. But since all my settings were reset to default, I have to do it all over again.

A global Govnah setting for clock voltages would be ideal I think
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Is there any reason why the votage settings are not global, but profile-specific?
    It's just a setting like any other. They're not special.

I went through all the clock frequencies and found the lowest stable voltages, but a Govnah update must have overwrote my settings to default.
    A govnah update with updated profiles would only effect/reset profiles with the same name as the defaults we ship with govnah. You should have used different names for your custom profiles.

A global Govnah setting for clock voltages would be ideal I think
    This is not going to happen.

It would be much easier to reset alll the voltages if I had to do it once, instead of for every profile.

It probably wasn't a Govnah update. I've found that anytime I did a restart on my phone, my voltage settings were restored to their defaults. Since I use the Preset Reset app to automatically reset my phone a few times a week, it became pretty annoying changing them again, so I just left the voltage settings at their defaults.

Though I do miss the longer battery life that under-volting gave me.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's just a setting like any other. They're not special.
    I don't understand what you mean. If I change the voltage in one profile, those voltages are not repeated in other profiles.

I can see how the naming convention would overwrite my screenstate profiles, but then what happened to my voltage settings on my Fixed 500 profile?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    It probably wasn't a Govnah update. I've found that anytime I did a restart on my phone, my voltage settings were restored to their defaults. Since I use the Preset Reset app to automatically reset my phone a few times a week, it became pretty annoying changing them again, so I just left the voltage settings at their defaults.

Though I do miss the longer battery life that under-volting gave me.
    Oh man, that has to be it. I figured the voltage settings were saved in the profile...

Isn't there a way to make the voltage settings stick?
    Oh man, that has to be it. I figured the voltage settings were saved in the profile...

There's no way that I know of. Anytime I did a reset, my voltage settings were reset and I had to do them all over again.

In regards to the different profiles, I believe when you change the voltage settings they are standard for that type of profile; screenstate, fixed, etc.

For example, I would under-volt my 1GHZ setting to 1337.5mV, 800MHZ to 1250mV, and 500MHZ to 987.5mV. And it stuck through out my screenstate profiles. So if was using 500/800 or 500/1GHZ, these voltage settings were good, I only needed to change the 500 setting once.

I'm not sure if they would have carried over to a fixed profile (since I only use screenstate), but I would usually only change my voltage settings within one screenstate profile, & the voltage settings carried over to the other screenstate profiles.
    I figured the voltage settings were saved in the profile...

Oh, but they are:

Only once you've saved your settings as a profile, and tapped on the profile in the profile list to apply it, will your settings persist across a restart.

But if you apply that profile, then open the settings and change the voltage, and don't save the profile again, the new settings won't be saved, they also won't persist across a restart.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yes, that's exactly what I did. I set all the clock voltages, applied, then saved a new profile. Then used the new profile to create new profiles so that the settings would all be copied.

I'm not sure what went wrong.
    Me either. What you've described shouldn't have happened.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Oh well, not a huge deal. I'll watch after another update.

Is there a spreadsheet or something that shows the VDD1 VSEL equivalents to the voltages? It would be easier to edit all my profiles instead of using the non-manual way of stepping down two steps at a time.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, why is a global core voltage menu not going to happen? Bad idea?
    Is there a spreadsheet or something that shows the VDD1 VSEL equivalents to the voltages? It would be easier to edit all my profiles instead of using the non-manual way of stepping down two steps at a time.
    mV = (voltage_number * 12.5) + 600

Just out of curiosity, why is a global core voltage menu not going to happen? Bad idea?
    Because there is no "global" anything.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Thanks for the formula.

For my Pre, I want to use 56 44 41 34 29 25 25, except that I can't get the numbers to stick. I put the numbers into a new memo, copied and pasted into the VDD1 SEL field, hit apply. When I go back, 56 66 65 60 29 36 30 show up.

Any ideas?
    It works for me.

Are you using an old version?
    Are there any errors in the logs?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It works for me.

Are you using an old version?
    Are there any errors in the logs?
    Not sure, but I reinstalled Govnah and it is working now.