Page 1 of 28 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  

Now in the Stable feeds.

Features:

• New vdemand governor
    • Dynamic voltage scaling based on CPU load for VDD1 and VDD2
    • Runs at full speed 1.005GHz, all the time. No freq scaling required.

To Do:

• Somekind of temp scaleback * Done
    • Charger scaleback * Done

To change VDD1 and VDD2 voltages:
    The 3 numbers mean High to low in terms of CPU utilization. The higher the number, the higher the voltage. The far right number means 70-100% CPU load, middle number 30-69%, far left number 0-29%, Assuming the CPU wont take much power running at low util, you can set a lower voltage. YMMV.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer:
    You warranty will be voided!
    This assumes you have a firm grip on reality. Overclocking can damage a phone. I take no responsibility for melted Pre's or screwed up installs. Overclocking works for me and countless others. If you aren't sure then DON'T DO IT! If it doesn't work for you and are looking for someone to blame send flames to /dev/null. You have been warned!
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 08/12/2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Do we need to add anything new to Govnah to support vdemand, or does it just work?

-- Rod
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Do we need to add anything new to Govnah to support vdemand, or does it just work?

-- Rod
    Govnah seems to display the vdd1/2 fields fine in vdemand, unless you want to mimic the standard vdd1_vsel drop down? There are no other variables yet. override needs a major overhaul for this.
    Live free or DIE!
    Looks great going to test this on my Palm Pre Plus. So far seems faster then f105 scored 604 on webos mark. Great kernel so far keep up the great work.
    Last edited by Brawler; 12/06/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    yeah I've been using it for about an hour heavy usage and yes it does seem faster.. No probs so far ...

GREAT WORK THANKS
    My phone just crashed right when I was switching pages. I had just closed WebOSMark after running it. Here's my /var/log/messages:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gollyzila; 12/06/2010 at 03:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I've been using it pretty heavily since I got it! Good so far feels as snappy SR71 until it comes to launching apps. At that point I can sense a difference. I absolutely love the no lag when screen turns on that present in all the screenstate kernels. No crashes either.

Highest WebOSMark is 601.
    Thank you for this awesome kernel! Will inform if/when something big happens!

UPDATE** My camera was slower than it was at 1.0Ghz TChief. Even became unresponsive for a few seconds after I took a picture. But its all better now. May have happened because I had a few other apps running though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Last edited by Shaikh; 12/06/2010 at 08:21 AM.
    It's been about 2-3 times that my phone has gotten stuck on the lock screen and the only way to get it out is by pressing the power button.

For instance, today my phone restarted due to Preset Reset. After words, the screen should have been off since it was on the Touchstone and I have a Mode Switcher mode to do so. When I looked at the phone, it was on the Touchstone lock screen and was unresponsive to touches. Pressing the power button twice turned off the screen.
  9.    #9  
    If anyone is having lockup problems, simply adjust the voltage settings. if things are stable after changing, report those numbers back in so I can take an average and make it default.

Remember, this is a testing kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Govnah doesn't allow me to change Av8B voltage. Once I leave the screan and come back the numbers has reset. Tried unistalling govnah, and going to a different version.
    I look forward to d/l-ing this when I leave the office building (cr@p reception inside).
    My highest WebOS Mark score was 660.9 for the F014A (1.4.5-110 build) as I cannot run SR71 on my girlie pre (-).

I am sure that it will be stable for me; but I of course will report any issues!
    Thanks Unix for the continued kernel wonderstuff!!

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    My phone's screen turns on intermittently while running the kernel. When I turn it off, the screen wakes again every few minutes.

But otherwise, the kernel feels speedier than Thunderchief.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Govnah doesn't allow me to change Av8B voltage. Once I leave the screan and come back the numbers has reset. Tried unistalling govnah, and going to a different version.
    I noticed that. Must be Govnah problem, blame Oil.

I know from the CLI it changes fine.
    Live free or DIE!
    been running since 12 lastnight and it is 1:56 est and no probs .....
    Someone add a video if they can?? Would like to see a lil 60 sec preview before i install
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    installed and running very snappy, noticed that email, cal are loading significantly faster than F105. No Issues so far
    So far I have had zero issues with AVB8 - no lockups, no overheating, load averages are deliciously low, battery life is deliciously high. It really sips on the battery during idle time.

And I'm running a girlie pre -- the only way I could boot SR71 was to put the device out in the freezing cold for several minutes. (By the way, protip from a semiconductor engineer: if you ever get stuck in a reset loop due to excessive overclock, try to tossing your device into the freezer for a few minutes. )
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    So far I have had zero issues with AVB8 - no lockups, no overheating, load averages are deliciously low, battery life is deliciously high. It really sips on the battery during idle time.

And I'm running a girlie pre -- the only way I could boot SR71 was to put the device out in the freezing cold for several minutes. (By the way, protip from a semiconductor engineer: if you ever get stuck in a reset loop due to excessive overclock, try to tossing your device into the freezer for a few minutes. )
    Can't wait to get outta work and d/l the sucka!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    question... would i need to remove my thunder chief kernel first before downloading this kernel?? or can i just download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    question... would i need to remove my thunder chief kernel first before downloading this kernel?? or can i just download it?
    Remove it, then install this new one. You don't need to do a phone restart though. I'm pretty sure.

So what are the 'benefits' from using this kernel, unixpsycho?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 1 of 28 12345611 ... LastLast