Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    What are the default voltages for 146?
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post

I just rebooted from the update and Govnah showed me the defaults:

VDD1: 67 63 58
    VDD2: 43 38 36

(assuming Govnah was indeed showing the defaults because it didn't load my Harrier profile).

M.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    Code:
    // VDD defaults
    #define VDD1_VSEL { 0x3a, 0x3f, 0x43 }
    #define VDD2_VSEL { 0x24, 0x26, 0x2b }
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Code:
    // VDD defaults
    #define VDD1_VSEL { 0x3a, 0x3f, 0x43 }
    #define VDD2_VSEL { 0x24, 0x26, 0x2b }

Then it looks like Govnah did what it was supposed to do and silently freak out and load kernel defaults since it couldn't "match" the kernel.

Thank you for the update 'Psycho. HPalm didn't surprise us with a X-Mas present, but, yours is probably even more welcome!

M.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Then it looks like Govnah did what it was supposed to do and silently freak out and load kernel defaults since it couldn't "match" the kernel.

Thank you for the update 'Psycho. HPalm didn't surprise us with a X-Mas present, but, yours is probably even more welcome!

M.
    Of course those Hex numbers are reversed in code.

To reset the numbers just enter "0 0 0" in the advanced field. Oil will hate me.
    Live free or DIE!
    Did you actually change the voltages? When I went into Govnah, I turned compcache off, and when I did that it said I was back on my original profile.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Did you actually change the voltages? When I went into Govnah, I turned compcache off, and when I did that it said I was back on my original profile.
    Yes, the voltages changed. If that happened then you must have had the same voltage settings for Govnah to say that. That's if Govnah keeps track of that yet.
    Live free or DIE!
    Well they were the same voltages, I screen capped them before and checked...

To be honest, I'm not sure what the differences between CPU and System voltages.
    mine shows

VDD1: 67 65 60
    VDD2: 42 38 36

Is this the correct new default?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Psycho,

I assume the DSP change was to bump up the clock to match what you do with your other kernels? I've gone through almost 30% battery in the past few hours (since I first typed I just rebooted). That's as much as almost all the daytime day yesterday. Same Govnah profile:

VDD1: 62 58 54
    VDD2: 38 36 34
    20M compcache (Govnah rarely gets to that in time, so I just make it your default)
    25% battery scaleback (haven't got that low to find if t works or not yet)
    Sprint Pre minus (silver button)
    webOS 1.4.5

Is there a /sys that I/we can clock it back down to see if that's the culprit or not?

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 12/26/2010 at 08:48 PM.
  11.    #171  
    Psycho,

I assume the DSP change was to bimp up the clock to match what you do with your other kernels? I've gone through almost 30% battery in the past few hours (since I first typed I just rebooted). That's as much as almost all the daytime day yesterday. Same Govnah profile:

VDD1: 62 58 54
    VDD2: 38 36 34
    20M compcache (Govnah rarely gets to that in time, so I just make it your default)
    25% battery scaleback (haven't got that low to find if t works or not yet)
    Sprint Pre minus (silver button)
    webOS 1.4.5

Is there a /sys that I/we can clock it back down to see if that's the culprit or not?

M.
    The DSP went down from 430MHz to 360MHz like the other kernels.
    Live free or DIE!
    Of course those Hex numbers are reversed in code.

To reset the numbers just enter "0 0 0" in the advanced field. Oil will hate me.
    If you expose a sys entry with the default values, we can add a button to Govnah to reset to defaults. We want to do that anyway for other reasons (so that a Palm Default profile *really* sets you back to Palm default for all settings), so please add it

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The DSP went down from 430MHz to 360MHz like the other kernels.

Oh. I thought you were bumping it up. OK, I'll try another battery yank and see what happens. Thanks, man!

M.
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just wondering, is it possible to damage the cpu by undervoltage or it the worst thing i have to worry about data corruption?
    I've gone through almost 30% battery in the past few hours
    I'll try another battery yank and see what happens. Thanks, man!
    OK, I pulled the battery and it seems to have slowed down some,

HOWEVER

Ummm... I did kinda forget that I was on WiFi just about all the day yesterday too...

Sorry.

M.
    OK, I pulled the battery and it seems to have slowed down some,

HOWEVER

Ummm... I did kinda forget that I was on WiFi just about all the day yesterday too...

Sorry.

M.
    I will admit this latest release seems to be a lot more drain...
    how do I reset govnah to make sure I am running the updated kernel?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    how do I reset govnah to make sure I am running the updated kernel?
    thanks

??

Did you reboot when Preware told you to? If the answer is "yes", then you're running the update (to any) kernel.

M.
    the reason I ask is because I am still running the unknown profile with this as default. Is this the correct default?

VDD1: 67 65 60
    VDD2: 42 38 36

thanks
    Hey, unixpsycho: 1.4.5-148 is in the testing feed as of now, but there's nothing in the changelog. Has anything important changed from 146? I presume it's just a minor correction...
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast