Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Dude. Newsroom is a battery hog. It downloads gobs and gobs of data in the background. And Govnah and Battery Monitor will use up your battery as well. You shouldn't leave these apps open unless you're actively using them on a constant basis. If you must use Newsroom, make sure you turn off background fetching.

I've gone through an entire work day with AV8B and used up only 35% battery.
    I only keep Govnah and Batt Monitor open to keep an eye on how the kernel is doing on my phone for the first couple of days. Everything else I leave running almost 24/7.

Isn't that what Batt Monitor and Govnah are for? Real-time statistics? That's what I have always thought, why were they made if not for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I only keep Govnah and Batt Monitor open to keep an eye on how the kernel is doing on my phone for the first couple of days. Everything else I leave running almost 24/7.

Isn't that what Batt Monitor and Govnah are for? Real-time statistics? That's what I have always thought, why were they made if not for that?
    Yes they are to give you a look at what's going on, but leaving them open 24/7 is going over board. Just have the programs open when your doing some of your normal tasks so you get an idea of how your phone reacts performance wise. If I notice some strange behaviour then I'll open those apps up, but rarely do I leave them running for an extended period of time.
    I don't run them 24/7, the other apps I listed I do however. In my first post I mentioned Batt Mon and Govnah last because I used them the least, and above I specified I only use them for the first couple of days when using a new Kernel to see how well my phone plays with it.
  4.    #144  
    If you're gonna run Battery Monitor, set it to poll for 5-10 minutes instead of the default 1 minute.

Polling the kernel and chipset for battery stats wakes up the phone from deep sleep.
    Live free or DIE!
    uni, what governor parameters would you suggest we try for a pre plus to save battery and have grrat performance.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    i've been playing with 3-4 different kernel projects. I get confused myself. :d
    vdd1 = 56 48 40
    vdd2 = 40 36 32
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    uni, what governor parameters would you suggest we try for a pre plus to save battery and have grrat performance.
    thanks
    Since there are not many parameters for this governor, I would suggest using what some of the other users are using. I'll eventually use an average of the numbers and throw it into next release...

Going too low on the voltage may lead to jerkiness, then a rainbow screen of death.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    vdd1 = 56 48 40
    vdd2 = 40 36 32

Holy crap! That thing's a tank.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Holy crap! That thing's a tank.

M.
    I'm pretty sure those are the right values. Govnah doesn't give me the ability to enter the numbers like that... so I've been using the formula:

mV= (#val * 12.5) +600

Can anyone verify this this?

For CPU voltage i have High=1300 Mid=1200 Low=1100
    System Voltage i have High=1100 Mid=1050 low=1000

It's been at these settings for a day and hasn't crashed on me. Games seem to run "ok" but not sure that I can lower it anymore.

I wasn't really sure what the window for both settings should be, so i set those values and it seemed to work. Can anyone else run these values? Anyone gone lower, i'm willing to try lower but not exactly sure what I'm adjusting and WHEN the values are at Min-mid-high
    I'm pretty sure those are the right values. Govnah doesn't give me the ability to enter the numbers like that... so I've been using the formula:

mV= (#val * 12.5) +600

Can anyone verify this this?
    I think that's the right formula, but, in Govnah just:

App Menu --> Preferences --> (at the bottom) turn on Advanced.

M.
    I'm pretty sure those are the right values. Govnah doesn't give me the ability to enter the numbers like that.
    Do you have the testing feeds on? The latest version of Govnah allows for regular voltage changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Do you have the testing feeds on? The latest version of Govnah allows for regular voltage changing.
    Yah...i have Govnah 0.7.9 installed. I had to change the manual setting.

I actually just changed it to:

CPU 57 48 31
    SYS 40 36 32

Raised the Max CPU a little seemed to make the launcher scroll smoother.

How low have people gotten the CPU during Idle?
    What are the side effects of having the SYS voltage too low?

CPU 57 48 31
    SYS 40 36 32
    Turn off manual settings - it should never need to be used by anyone.

-- Rod
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have this on my launch day Pre:

CPU 57 55 53
    SYS 42 38 36

I haven't experienced any crashing, but i'm afraid to try any lower.

Can anyone say what chip(s) the vdd2 (sys) voltage is setting?
    I figured out a temporary solution to the VBA load problem. It had been scaling down to 500Mhz after a few minutes, so I went into Govnah, kernel, advanced settings. It was set to 500000(It was either 6 or 7 zeroes). So I changed it back to 1.005 ghz and it stayed after that. Not really sure about that one.

CPU 57 48 31
    SYS 40 36 32

Raised the Max CPU a little seemed to make the launcher scroll smoother.

How low have people gotten the CPU during Idle?
    What are the side effects of having the SYS voltage too low?
    Okay, I tried these voltages on my GSM Pre Plus and it just failed miserably, taking some of the databases with it :/ Well, I was planning on visiting the doctor anyway ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Turn off manual settings - it should never need to be used by anyone.

-- Rod
    I have exactly one use for the manual entry: pasting voltages from the forum onto my device
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Okay, I tried these voltages on my GSM Pre Plus and it just failed miserably, taking some of the databases with it :/ Well, I was planning on visiting the doctor anyway ...
    That low value is insanely low. I never would even have typed it in...

Aside, You should just have to open your apps back up and redo some settings here and there. You shouldn't need a Doctor Visit. I never have in this case.

M.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    where do i find the new kernel file
    After seeing Hemie's post, I gathered some courage and tried:

vdd1: 56 48 36
    vdd2: 42 47 34

and so far, so good, nothing to report. Will use my Pre today with these settings, in a variety of situations, and see how it goes.
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast