Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    To change via CLI:
    Code:
    echo "70 63 56" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdemand/vdemand_vsel_vdd1
    echo "43 38 36" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdemand/vdemand_vsel_vdd2
    Of course chose your own numbers.

I'll see if i can (blame) have oil fix govnah.
    The Govnah bug was in the service (my bit), not the UI (oil's bit).

It's fixed in Govnah 0.7.8 in the testing feed now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Govnah bug was in the service (my bit), not the UI (oil's bit).

It's fixed in Govnah 0.7.8 in the testing feed now.

-- Rod
    Thanx rwhitby.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Just to add. I was also able to get both my Pre's (Sprint Pre Plus & AT&T Pre -) to scale down to 500. For me it only occurs after starting the camera app. Nothing got it back to full speed except for turning the screen off then on with the power button as others have posted. As the graphic shows it does not matter if the PRE was on the touchstone.
    Ah, I see it now. This is the bug that has been nagging me from SR71. I think I may have a fix.
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post

The problem was not the JSJSJS, $it$ $was$ $the$ $service$.

Govnah 078 in the testing feed will let you change it.

Yes, assuming the settings will stick around, I would want to expand thier entry beyond textfields. But, I don't know how the 3 values should be represented.

They should be represented the same as the "override" vsel dropdowns.

CPU load: Max - Mid - Low
    Live free or DIE!
    I should have better defined the usage for this kernel. AV8B is primarily meant for occasional phone users, not power users. If you are a power user then this kernel might not give any better results than F105
    I agree that usage cases need to be better defined. I have been upgrading to each new release (F104, F105, SR71, AV8B), assuming that all of your latest and best work was going into the newest variant. Now I see that may not be the case.

Not only would it be a good idea for there to be a summary or a table somewhere indicating the benefits of each variant, but it would also be helpful to have some instructions for each indicating how to tune the governors and voltages to maximize performance, or battery life, and how stability may be affected.

Thanks for all your work.
    Have been running WarthogKernel for a while at 1000/500 screenstate... Months without any problems there. Switched to AV8B tonight with no issues and notice a very clear improvement in the overall responsiveness and smoothness of the phone. Phone definitely seems to run warmer, but it's steady in a range of 35-43C, which is fine. So far, so good. Very nice work as always.
    Has anyone else noticed that with AV8B when you do a Luna Restart the phone only runs at 500Mhz? When I do a full reboot I come back @ 1.05Ghz...Could someone else try and see if they get same results!?

Update : It seems it wasn't the luna restart, its when I open my camera app it switches to 500Mhz!? Anyone else? Thanks

CaliMark
    Last edited by CaliMark; 12/11/2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that with AV8B when you do a Luna Restart the phone only runs at 500Mhz? When I do a full reboot I come back @ 1.05Ghz...Could someone else try and see if they get same results!?

Update : It seems it wasn't the luna restart, its when I open my camera app it switches to 500Mhz!? Anyone else? Thanks

CaliMark

ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post

CaliMark
    you weren't the first. Check earlier in the thread.
    Yup, camera app tunes it down for me too. So far this seems to be snappier than most kernels, but it is the first one I've run without being on screenstate so I am sure that has a lot to do with it. So far so good, great job guys.
    They should be represented the same as the "override" vsel dropdowns.

CPU load: Max - Mid - Low
    This is in 079 in the testing feed.

Though the kernel isn't giving us min/max, so there is no limit, but it only lets you change by 2 at most each time.
    I definitely am going to need more clarification on what I'm changing in the voltages.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    This is in 079 in the testing feed.

Though the kernel isn't giving us min/max, so there is no limit, but it only lets you change by 2 at most each time.
    I'll add it back in for next version.
    Live free or DIE!
    Just installed the kernel this morning, and there are no problems so far.. I do not see any differences between this and the F105 kernel in performance wise.. I am not able to tell whether if battery life is improved yet.. Will check in later when I get the answers..

By the way uni, amazing work like always!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Where i go to download AV8B Harrier II Kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by pitpit24 View Post
    Next time open your eyes and read. Since you're clearly unable to do so, you probably shouldn't be using this highly experimental kernel which has the good chance of frying your phone since you'll be unable to recover it, as I'm sure you won't read those instructions either.

I hope a mod finds a way to ban your account.

M.
    i know how to run the doctor, but i cant find the testing feeds place
    Quote Originally Posted by pitpit24 View Post
    You joined in March and don't have 10 posts and then pull that stupid stunt? You will be lucky if someone helps you. Better read a little and help yourself.
    This goes far beyond the ability to run the webOS doctor. So far we haven't seen anything to show that you might know what you're doing, so it's unlikely that you'll have detailed instructions given to you. Spejd some time reading, do some searching, and if you still can't find it try asking for help some other way. Just asking how to download it is highly unlikely to get a response.
    google testing feeds kid
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast