Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    All was running amazingly, but past 2 days i've had random bouts with the swap going up to 100 and freezing up. I didnt have this issue prior to this kernel, so wondered if it could be kernel related or coincidence? I am going to try and go back to uberkernel and see if it fixes it in meantime.
    is it just me or is battery life really bad?
    I Doctored my phone and it restored my WiFi but as soon as I tried to install Uberkernel WiFi crapped out again. Doctored a second time to get WiFi back and now running Palm Default. This is weird, do not like. Want UK back.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    I Doctored my phone and it restored my WiFi but as soon as I tried to install Uberkernel WiFi crapped out again. Doctored a second time to get WiFi back and now running Palm Default. This is weird, do not like. Want UK back.
    FYI, saw the same thing when I reinstalled UberKernal yesterday. I installed DeltaDagger and it's OK with WiFi -- 800 mHz but better than the stock kernel.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I would check for other apps you have installed recently, since they may be causing an increase in CPU usage, which will increase voltage.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I had the same problem i doctored and tried av8b, no wifi then doctored and tried uberkernel, no wifi. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I would check for other apps you have installed recently, since they may be causing an increase in CPU usage, which will increase voltage.
    This is irrelevant as I Doctored my phone and installed UK before I installed any apps and it still fudged my WiFi.

It seems that there are quite a few people having this issue.

If there is an easy solution that would be great but running stock kernel is doable for now. I am waiting for Pre3 (long wait). The only times where I notice I need UK is Email, SMS or just basic multitasking. Other than that I haven't been doing much with my phone lately.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    FYI, saw the same thing when I reinstalled UberKernal yesterday. I installed DeltaDagger and it's OK with WiFi -- 800 mHz but better than the stock kernel.
    Never mind -- I'm back to the stock kernal as DD had issues with the radio (phone and data).
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    Never mind -- I'm back to the stock kernal as DD had issues with the radio (phone and data).
    Refer to:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3053721

They are working on a resolution.
    Running AV8B-71 on Sprint Pre (-) metadoctored 2.1 with Govnah 1.0.1

I want to confirm if some items I have seen is expected behavior for the kernel.

Place Pre on touchstone with Govnah open and custom profile; scales down to 500 MHz as expected;
    Open second app;
    Switch back to Govnah, profile now = unknown, still on touchstone still 500 MHz;
    Re-select custom profile, frequency ramps back up to 1.005GHz while still on TS, does not ramp down.

I thought I remember reading something about this; and Rod pointed me back here but could not locate (though it could be feeble search skillz). Thoughts anyone? Will try to grab lumberjack output again.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Running AV8B-71 on Sprint Pre (-) metadoctored 2.1 with Govnah 1.0.1

I want to confirm if some items I have seen is expected behavior for the kernel.

Place Pre on touchstone with Govnah open and custom profile; scales down to 500 MHz as expected;
    Open second app;
    Switch back to Govnah, profile now = unknown, still on touchstone still 500 MHz;
    Re-select custom profile, frequency ramps back up to 1.005GHz while still on TS, does not ramp down.

I thought I remember reading something about this; and Rod pointed me back here but could not locate (though it could be feeble search skillz). Thoughts anyone? Will try to grab lumberjack output again.

- T
    That's expected. Govnah gets upset when the profile is changed since the cpu policy is changed when scaling down when on touchstone/charger. So when you reapply the profile, it wont sale back down since the override module thinks it's already scaled down. IIRC I left it this way so the user can override the Charger scaleback one-time instead of just disabling that feature altogether.

I suppose I can make it scale back down again at next polling interval.
    Live free or DIE!
    No worries. I had never noticed it before; so I wanted to be sure. Thanks for responding quickly unix!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Im trying to install this kernal and I keep getting an error as I am backing up my old kernal.

Any help?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I successfully upgraded my Pre- running 1.4.5 from uberkernel to AV8B sans issues. It's running flawleesly on the base setings.

I tried to upgrade my wife's virgin (i.e. not overclocked) Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 to AV8B v1.4.5-186 and get the following error when attempting t install:

Unable to read from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre/additional_files/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre
    Fatal error occurred, not installing files

I was able to get uberkernel 1.4.5-178 up and running on my wife's Pre-. When I uninstalled uberkernel wifi wouldn't work so I doctored my wife's phone and tried to install av8b v1.4.5-186 again and got the same error message.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Nesta; 08/09/2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    I successfully upgraded my Pre- running 1.4.5 from uberkernel to AV8B sans issues. It's running flawleesly on the base setings.

I tried to upgrade my wife's virgin (i.e. not overclocked) Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 to AV8B v1.4.5-186 and get the following error when attempting t install:

Unable to read from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre/additional_files/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre
    Fatal error occurred, not installing files

I was able to get uberkernel 1.4.5-178 up and running on my wife's Pre-. When I uninstalled uberkernel wifi wouldn't work so I doctored my wife's phone and tried to install av8b v1.4.5-186 again and got the same error message.

Any ideas?
    Should I head over to the IRC channel?
  16.    #516  
    AV8B package was rebuilt and now only in the Stable feed.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    AV8B package was rebuilt and now only in the Stable feed.
    Thanks. I was attempting to install the version in the stable feed. Has it been updated since I originally posted?
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    Thanks. I was attempting to install the version in the stable feed. Has it been updated since I originally posted?
    It was rebuilt. No changes. hopefully it should install now.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It was rebuilt. No changes. hopefully it should install now.
    Thanks. That did the trick. It installed without issue.
    I just checked and it isn't in the testing feeds just the stable feed