Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I hate to do this, but, I'm still getting this:

Code:
    touch build/.unpacked-2.1.0-70
    rm -rf build/arm
    mkdir -p build/arm/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot
    if [ -n "psychobuild/AV8B.config" ] ; then \
      cp build/src-2.1.0-70/patches/psychobuild/AV8B.config build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24/.config ; \
      yes '' | \
      make -C build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/srv/build/toolchain/cs09q1armel/build/arm-2009q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- \
            oldconfig ; \
    else \
            yes '' | \
            make -C build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/srv/build/toolchain/cs09q1armel/build/arm-2009q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- \
            omap_sirloin_3430_defconfig ; \
    fi
    make[2]: Entering directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24'
    Makefile:439: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24'
    make[1]: *** [build/arm.built-2.1.0-70] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre'
    make: *** [package] Error 2
    This is with a brand new git://git.webos-internals.org/preware/build.git as of 15 minutes ago (and in turn a brand new toolchain build). Do you have any suggestions, or is my machine somehow "special" now?

Thank you.

M.
    D/L'd -71 this morning; working great so far. Miss the "easter egg" pic of the Harrier when rebooting though.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    re: AV8B-71
    SIO as the i/o scheduler appears to be what my meta 2.1 sprint pre(-) needed! Using it in combo with reno TCP. Only slightly reduced the CPU voltages (did not touch sys voltages) and set the poll rate .1 seconds.

Battery life subjectively appears good so far. Will have to monitor more closely after work.

4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post

Code:
    touch build/.unpacked-2.1.0-70
    rm -rf build/arm
    mkdir -p build/arm/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot
    if [ -n "psychobuild/AV8B.config" ] ; then \
      cp build/src-2.1.0-70/patches/psychobuild/AV8B.config build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24/.config ; \
      yes '' | \
            oldconfig ; \
    else \
            yes '' | \
            omap_sirloin_3430_defconfig ; \
    fi
    make[2]: Entering directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24'
    Makefile:439: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre/build/src-2.1.0-70/linux-2.6.24'
    make[1]: *** [build/arm.built-2.1.0-70] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/srv/build/testing-kernels/psycho-av8b-kernel-pre'
    make: *** [package] Error 2
    This is with a brand new git://git.webos-internals.org/preware/build.git as of 15 minutes ago (and in turn a brand new toolchain build). Do you have any suggestions, or is my machine somehow "special" now?

Thank you.

M.
    You and me both, on my Fedora box. I usually just let the build system build the packages and I also do my work on an older machine. The common problem is GNU Make being 3.81 and 3.82. Try 3.81 and see how it goes.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    D/L'd -71 this morning; working great so far. Miss the "easter egg" pic of the Harrier when rebooting though.
    Easter egg is only in testing builds.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Found this info:
    [SOLVED] error "mixed implicit and normal rules" while trying to build busybox
    Last edited by somline; 07/19/2011 at 12:30 PM.
  7.    #487  
    That's what I said above .

Unfortunately changing the Makefile will get blown away after another git sync.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That's what I said above .

Unfortunately changing the Makefile will get blown away after another git sync.
    Sure you said it
    Was just meant as tip to be able to build it in his environment.
    BTW: Thanks for you work. I'm so glad you're with us.
    Easter egg is only in testing builds.
    I know...I was stunned when I saw it in the stable section!
    i'm having a somewhat significant issue with 71, where 70 worked fine:
    when trying to reboot (pressing OrangeSymR):

the device reboots, then shows not flashing HP logo, and after that, instead of showing glowing HP logo, it shows a spinner "dont remove battery" and shuts down the phone
  11.    #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    i'm having a somewhat significant issue with 71, where 70 worked fine:
    when trying to reboot (pressing OrangeSymR):

the device reboots, then shows not flashing HP logo, and after that, instead of showing glowing HP logo, it shows a spinner "dont remove battery" and shuts down the phone
    only thing that changed in -71 from -70 was matching the default voltage to what F105 had, which was higher. So it should be *more* stable for 1st boot until you change the default policy.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks, i guess i just have bad karma
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Running -71 is rock solid for me, no problems at all, though my Pre Plus gets a bit toasty while on the Touchstone.
    I installed it on my sprint pre w 2.1 and wifes 1.4.5. Mine let me set speed to 800mhz and make another profile for ever better battery life. It wont let me change speed on wifes w 1.4.5. That normal?
  15.    #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I installed it on my sprint pre w 2.1 and wifes 1.4.5. Mine let me set speed to 800mhz and make another profile for ever better battery life. It wont let me change speed on wifes w 1.4.5. That normal?
    Yes. 1.4.5 version is not current development, so it lacks the new features of the 2.1 version.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    AV8B-71 on Sprint Pre- with 2.1

I've installed 3 different times now, and each time I lose my data signal until I remove the kernel. I've tried restarts and toggling the data connection and airplane mode with no results.
    Yes. 1.4.5 version is not current development, so it lacks the new features of the 2.1 version.
    Ok, was just making sure. My pre- w/ 2.1 is seeing the best performance its ever had of any kernel with this. Excellent job. I bumped up the compcache to 64 but not sure if it helped, kinda learning what compcache works best for me.

Additionally I am able to actually multitask again without too much hassle. When I had 1.4.5 i could open many cards, once I went to 2.1.0 I rarely could open 2 or 3 cards. I just opened about 6 or 7 cards and ran a game and barely slowed me down.
    Last edited by RyanCell; 07/28/2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: adding more info to it.
    Just removed UberKernel and installed this on my VZW Pre+ 1.4.5.1. Speed is the same to my naked eye but I think my battery life seems to be better. My temps are the same as Uber, 30s idle and 40s during heavy use (streaming) while on TS. I am going to observe over the next few days or so.

I am missing features?
    My first real day of use it ran way too hot. High 40s low 50s. Even when I stopped streaming and closed all open apps it stayed at ~48*. The performance and battery life is no different than Uber from what I saw so I'm just gonna go back.

Although, I read that I am not getting all the available features since I'm running 1.4.5.1. Oh well. back to trusty ol' Uberkernel.
    I have restored back to Uberkernel but now my WiFi is not turning on... Any thoughts?