Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Remove it, then install this new one. You don't need to do a phone restart though. I'm pretty sure.

So what are the 'benefits' from using this kernel, unixpsycho?
    Battery life.
    Live free or DIE!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    My phone just crashed right when I was switching pages. I had just closed WebOSMark after running it. Here's my /var/log/messages:
    Where's the crash?

You should pull the kernel log from the bootloader.
    Live free or DIE!
    love this kernel so far. All your work is always apprciated!
    I can't find the option for charger scaleback? Where can I find this?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    love this kernel so far. All your work is always apprciated!
    I can't find the option for charger scaleback? Where can I find this?
    thanks
    He said it's on the to-do list.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Battery life.
    So basically it's scaling off of CPU load, not screenstate? Even though it's running 1.05 ghz always? would it be beneficial to do both?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    As I said I would, d/l'd the Harrier while on the train. So far so good with stock vsels. Scored 602 on webos mark. Will watch battery life especially tomorrow morning on train as that's when my girlie pre sees the most action.

- Thomas
    Holy crap Unix, This is fast.

I am using an AT&T Pre Plus. And I'm flying. No problems with freezes or anything yet. Everything opens with no lags or issues. I see the biggest difference in the email and messaging apps.
    plus one on speed! I use email and cal the most so this is awesome. Can't tell about battery life yet but I love this already!
    I'm getting occasional high temps too running Harrier. Last night I had 58 degrees before my phone rebooted.
    First impressions after 1 days use, this is very nice. It feels a little snappier than F105 @ 1ghz. No crashes or lags whatsoever. For me the battery drain seems worse than F105. However I was running 1ghz /w vdd1 @ 56 on F105.

Can someone post the CLI command to change the voltage settings? I'd like to turn this thing down to what I was running F105 at.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    First impressions after 1 days use, this is very nice. It feels a little snappier than F105 @ 1ghz. No crashes or lags whatsoever. For me the battery drain seems worse than F105. However I was running 1ghz /w vdd1 @ 56 on F105.

Can someone post the CLI command to change the voltage settings? I'd like to turn this thing down to what I was running F105 at.
    I think that you can change vdd1 & vdd2 under govnah's advanced settings with this kernel

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Unixpsycho,

Is vdemand leveraging any of the smartreflex technology on the processor or is it totally bypassing it for stability? (it's not terribly important for me to know, I'm just curious :-) ). Also, this kernel is the best that I've tried yet as far as smoothness. I like it :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    I think that you can change vdd1 & vdd2 under govnah's advanced settings with this kernel
    Not with this kernel.
  14.    #34  
    To change via CLI:
    Code:
    echo "70 63 56" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdemand/vdemand_vsel_vdd1
    echo "43 38 36" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdemand/vdemand_vsel_vdd2
    Of course chose your own numbers.

I'll see if i can (blame) have oil fix govnah.
    Live free or DIE!
    I must have a super girlie pre because I couldn't get past the palm logo on the boot screen. It is basically the same issue when I tried installing SR-71. I tried all of the different techniques that were used for SR-71 but no luck. It sucks to have such a girlie pre. I want my Chuck Norris back that was running SR-71 before I lost it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Everything definitely seems smoother on this kernel than with others (F105 and testing Uber). Battery life doesn't seem any different.
    Where do you keep your kernels these days? I have not messed with your stuff since I wrote SuperPreKernel. This kernel sounds interesting.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Where do you keep your kernels these days? I have not messed with your stuff since I wrote SuperPreKernel. This kernel sounds interesting.

thanks,

number1pete
    They're in the Preware kernel testing feeds.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post

thanks,

number1pete
    Hey, never noticed we are neighbors!
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Hey, never noticed we are neighbors!
    Yeah, and I just found out that the guy who wrote NanPlayer is from our area but then HP hired him so he is in the Bay area now. Oh well....hopefully more houston dev's will pop up.

BTW, Harrier been working great all day.

later,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast