Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Thanks, can't believe I missed that!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    be aware.. most recent update completely destroyed the kernel. TMC error with NO cards open.
    Which version of WebOS? I just updated with no issues, 2.1.0 on my Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Which version of WebOS? I just updated with no issues, 2.1.0 on my Pre-
    The updated/most recent version of AV8B (-20) fixed the TMC issue.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I just wanted to report some of my findings with this kernel

This is a screenshot of my stable voltages with UberKernel. Like I said in an earlier post, all the default CPU voltages for the AV8B kernel are above 1400 mV.

Since this kernel is a constant 1005 MHz, I decided to drop all CPU voltage levels to 1350 mV, low/med/high are all 1350 mV. The System voltage settings are not touched.

My phone is completely stable, and I am seeing ridiculous battery life. While Govnah is in the foreground and I turn the screen on, I can sometimes see how much current is being pulled while the screen is off. I am seeing an average of -80 mA with the screen off and -180 mA with the screen on, lowest brightness. This is with all radios on, GPS/WiFi/EDVO.

I must say, I am impressed.

Is there a better way for me to track the battery current though? Since Govnah does not graph anything while the screen is off.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Since this kernel is a constant 1005 MHz, I decided to drop all CPU voltage levels to 1350 mV, low/med/high are all 1350 mV. The System voltage settings are not touched.
    How are you setting different voltages for low/med/high ?
    I didn't start getting good battery life's for this recently until I bumped my voltages into the 1500s for CPU, 1200s for system.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm trying this on my Verizon Pre Plus 2.1 and I can't get the profile to show anything but Unknown. I have tried twice to remove and re-install this kernel, even after installing the Palm default one. If I tap Profile, I have two available: AV8B Default and VDemand 1005. If I make a change, and save it as a new profile, it will accept that one and show up on the front page of Govnah. Not really a big deal, but kind of strange it won't accept the default profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    My phone is completely stable, and I am seeing ridiculous battery life. While Govnah is in the foreground and I turn the screen on, I can sometimes see how much current is being pulled while the screen is off. I am seeing an average of -80 mA with the screen off and -180 mA with the screen on, lowest brightness. This is with all radios on, GPS/WiFi/EDVO.

I must say, I am impressed.

Is there a better way for me to track the battery current though? Since Govnah does not graph anything while the screen is off.
    -80 mA with the screen off isn't exactly good battery life imo; that equates to about 14 hours of standby time.. quite pitiful lol. That's also about a 8% drain per hour on standby.

It needs to be down to around 3% per hour drain for me to say it's good battery life, which is around 33 hours or an average of -33 mA.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I'm trying this on my Verizon Pre Plus 2.1 and I can't get the profile to show anything but Unknown. I have tried twice to remove and re-install this kernel, even after installing the Palm default one. If I tap Profile, I have two available: AV8B Default and VDemand 1005. If I make a change, and save it as a new profile, it will accept that one and show up on the front page of Govnah. Not really a big deal, but kind of strange it won't accept the default profiles.
    Same thing happens to me. Create a new profile by clicking save as new profile, rename it to whatever such as "AV8B Harrier II" and it should stick. Each time you want to save settings I find that just to make sure the settings save, I save as new profile but as the same profile name. This way it just overwrites the old profile with the new settings.
    Im sure im missing something, but how can i change the Voltage value to something not in the default list? Like over 1400 or under 1400?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Im sure im missing something, but how can i change the Voltage value to something not in the default list? Like over 1400 or under 1400?
    Thanks
    Do not mess with the voltages if you don't know what you are doing. Seriously.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    i know what im doing... and dont care if i have to doctor in the end. i want to try the posted values in this thread which claim far better battery life... and many of those, like your post, are out of the default values

EDIT: Anyway figured it out myself...
    Seems like my pre cant handle cpu voltage under 1300, my current stable config is 60 58 56, cant change any of this values or i will see small black pixels on the screen and the pre crushes most times some seconds later.
    System Voltage is more modable on my pre it seems, my current config is 39 35 33, and this seems to run stable...

btw, can this be true? some times if i went from standby straight to govnah i get values of -5 to -9 mA...
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 03/14/2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Hey!

For those who are updating to the newest Harrier (-27), you may need to do a battery pull, not just a reboot. It PLOWED though just under 40% of my battery in about 45 minutes until I did.

Just a head's up.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Thanks
    Well honestly the best way to tell if your phone can't handle certain voltages are load averages in Govnah. I put my voltages way down and my load averages hit 40(processor is doing 4000% of the normal work in 1 second) so I went way up to 1500 for CPU and 1200 for system and it's been doing a lot better. I had a lot of issues going from 1.4.5 to 2.1 for battery life but that fixed it.

My 1.4.5 battery life was suffering before I doctored. I believe it's all correlated with voltages, which load average can help you detect.
    Psycho,

I wondering if you know what's up with this:

But when I click on that (trying to see if I can figure out what a "low-latency sdio" is), I get:

It's showing no entries past that date.

M.

*That* loads fine. Thanks, man. If you just go to git.webos-internals.org and browse, it gets no further than December 29th.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

M.
  16.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    *That* loads fine. Thanks, man. If you just go to git.webos-internals.org and browse, it gets no further than December 29th.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

M.
    You are probably looking at the wrong branch. It defaults to 1.4.5, you have to select 2.1.0.
    Live free or DIE!
    If you go to the summary page for kernel/patches and click the shortlog link next to the latest tag it will bring you to the correct log.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    If you go to the summary page for kernel/patches and click the shortlog link next to the latest tag it will bring you to the correct log.

Hey! Cool! I got this thingie in my mouse in between the buttons. It's kinda like a wheel looking thing. It's totally rad. If you roll it towards you, it MOVES the web pages on the Intertubes up. So gnarly. Did you know there's more to Intertube pages than what shows in the window? There's stuff BELOW it! And this hip wheelie thing can move the page down to it!

Learn something every day about these new-fangled things.

Thanks guys...

M.
    No problem. I missed it several times too before I got the hang of seeing the new logs. I like to keep an eye on the logs so I can see changes before they come out.