Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hey!

Just thought I'd mention another success story with the -160 update. I just updated my GF's Pre (deleting the exisiting Harrier Govnah profiles first! ). Everything is all warm and fuzzy here!

(wait for it)

Her phone is doing fine too.

M.
    looks like the latest update (160) is a battery hog compared to the previous one.

even if I set the voltage to what I had before I updated.

seems to pass a lot more time in high voltage than low voltage (60/40 %). Middle voltage is mostly never used. Before, it passed most of its time in low voltage (>90%).

anybody noticed the same behaviour?
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    looks like the latest update (160) is a battery hog compared to the previous one.

even if I set the voltage to what I had before I updated.

seems to pass a lot more time in high voltage than low voltage (60/40 %). Middle voltage is mostly never used. Before, it passed most of its time in low voltage (>90%).

anybody noticed the same behaviour?
    Explain how you got those numbers.

Just making sure they are accurate and not just a "feeling"
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 01/15/2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey unix, I'm still having that scaling drop when I play VBA. Like I guess it has a huge load average, so it drops it down to 500mhz, so I go in and set it back to 1.005 and it doesn't change again. Not really sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Hey unix, I'm still having that scaling drop when I play VBA. Like I guess it has a huge load average, so it drops it down to 500mhz, so I go in and set it back to 1.005 and it doesn't change again. Not really sure..
    Does it change to 500 each time you run VBA?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Does it change to 500 each time you run VBA?
    Not immediately, after about 5-10 minutes of playing though.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #267  
    Not immediately, after about 5-10 minutes of playing though.
    Hmm. Is it reaching the temp limit and scaling back?

Try doing it again for me and post the kernel log and messages file.
    Live free or DIE!

they are not very accurate, but more than a feeling. The time in state graph in govnah clearly show that with the latest version spend more than half of the time in Max. Before, the Max bar (the first one) was barely visible.

I ran battery monitor and see a drain of more than 5% per hour. I did not monitor it closely before (my bad) but was easily went through a day with 20% left before I update. So the battery drain is more a feeling than a good observation.

this is after less than a day so this is a first observation.

I just wanted to report it to see if others experienced the same thing.

I see after a few day of usage if there is that big of a difference.

also the battery current in Govnah seem to never go as low as before. There are many factor that can influence this, but it does feel like it consume more (again time will tell if the feeling is real or not)
  10.    #270  
    also the battery current in Govnah seem to never go as low as before. There are many factor that can influence this, but it does feel like it consume more (again time will tell if the feeling is real or not)
    Try the upcoming -163 version. More builds are coming today to help Govnah tie into parameters better.
    Live free or DIE!
    The time in state graph in govnah clearly show that with the latest version spend more than half of the time in Max.

You are aware that the Time In State Graph in Govnah is CPU frequency stats? That is NOT a graph of voltage state. AV8B does not scale frequency.

M.
    Hmm. Is it reaching the temp limit and scaling back?

Try doing it again for me and post the kernel log and messages file.
    Sorry, do you want me to "Generate Email" in Govnah, or use Lumberjack?
    they are not very accurate, but more than a feeling. The time in state graph in govnah clearly show that with the latest version spend more than half of the time in Max. Before, the Max bar (the first one) was barely visible.

I ran battery monitor and see a drain of more than 5% per hour. I did not monitor it closely before (my bad) but was easily went through a day with 20% left before I update. So the battery drain is more a feeling than a good observation.

this is after less than a day so this is a first observation.

I just wanted to report it to see if others experienced the same thing.

I see after a few day of usage if there is that big of a difference.
    I too have been experiencing some battery drain, but I have no precise data. Yesterday my phone dropped from ~85% to ~40% with two hours while all the radios were turned off (phone, data, wifi, bluetooth, gps).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You are aware that the Time In State Graph in Govnah is CPU frequency stats? That is NOT a graph of voltage state. AV8B does not scale frequency.

M.
    yes, but I thought that AV8B was doing something funny with this variable to see how much time in voltage states it passes.

this mean that temp became high enough that the freq came down to 500. This never happened before.

maybe you could put a time in voltage state stats for us to see how much time is spent in each voltage state.
  15. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So I have a question. I realize that the voltage settings were incorrect in the versions before 159, but it seems like when i had them set very low, I got much better battery life with the same performance. Any idea why that might be?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    What are the default voltages for 164? What do you guys recommend the best voltage for a light user?
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    So I have a question. I realize that the voltage settings were incorrect in the versions before 159, but it seems like when i had them set very low, I got much better battery life with the same performance. Any idea why that might be?
    It is random. You can install an older version if you think it was better.
    Live free or DIE!
    The VBA drop thing is still happening, and now that the menu for Hz was taken out of Governer for this vdemand kernel, I can't set it back to 1.005 Ghz, so I get stuck at 500mhz after playing VBA or other demand-heavy PDK apps
    The VBA drop thing is still happening, and now that the menu for Hz was taken out of Governer for this vdemand kernel, I can't set it back to 1.005 Ghz, so I get stuck at 500mhz after playing VBA or other demand-heavy PDK apps
    Govnah displays exactly the set of features that the kernel exposes.

If something appears or disappears from Govnah, it's because it has appeared or disappeared from the kernel that you are currently running.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    you could try changing to a different profile then back to default. I believe that should reset it.