Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 552
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    another build coming with higher voltages...
    Your defaults are very sane voltages. If you really think they are low, then I guess I second you raising them, but I usually use:

    VDD1: 61 57 53
    VDD2: 40 35 33

    And that's rock solid on this phone.


    M.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Attachment 54785


    Right now, it's running your defaults, and it (I assume since I didn't get a chance to change anything) was running your defaults during the loop.

    Right NOW:

    VDD1: 67 63 58
    VDD2: 43 38 36


    M.
    Try setting it higher to see if it stabilizes. for both vdd1 and vdd2. a new build is coming to hopefully stop looping until the profile kicks in. which may on it's own cause a RSOD at 1st until govnah ignores it since it crashed, or at least it should.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Your defaults are very sane voltages. If you really think they are low, then I guess I second you raising them, but I usually use:

    VDD1: 61 57 53
    VDD2: 40 35 33

    And that's rock solid on this phone.


    M.
    I'm assuming the voltages are too low, not much else will cause a RSOD.

    I'll play it safe cuz not everyone has a Terminator Pre.
    Live free or DIE!
  4. #224  
    This is the most "stable" of the stable custom kernels I've used thus far.

    Thanks.
    Prē
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Attachment 54785


    Right now, it's running your defaults, and it (I assume since I didn't get a chance to change anything) was running your defaults during the loop.

    Right NOW:

    VDD1: 67 63 58
    VDD2: 43 38 36


    M.
    Hmm, yes. Luna dropped dead. looks more like VDD2 being too low.

    the new build has them both higher.
    Live free or DIE!
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    This is the most "stable" of the stable custom kernels I've used thus far.

    Thanks.
    You must have a Terminator Pre.... or being sarcastic.... or trolling.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Hmm, yes. Luna dropped dead. looks more like VDD2 being too low.

    I'll stop playing with VDD2 then. I haven't had much luck with nudging those anyway. That's why they're not far off from your default.


    M.
  8. #228  
    Sorry i am kinda new here.. what do u mean by Terminator Pre.. your pre can handle extreme over-clocking or low voltages?
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    Sorry i am kinda new here.. what do u mean by Terminator Pre.. your pre can handle extreme over-clocking or low voltages?
    You be the judge!




    M.
  10.    #230  
    Terminator Pre's feel no pain, they can not be reasoned with!
    Live free or DIE!
  11. #231  
    ok.. would you someday add the screenstate governor to this kernel?
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    ok.. would you someday add the screenstate governor to this kernel?
    That defeats the purpose. This kernel is for Race-to-Idle fanatics.

    If you want screenstate, you can use F105.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That defeats the purpose. This kernel is for Race-to-Idle fanatics.

    If you want screenstate, you can use F105.
    well.. why would it defeat the purpose? wouldn't be sweet if i we could set multiple voltages to the screenstate compatible kernel! i mean.. when its in state, there is really no race to catch.. adding to the fact thats its running on lower Mhz.. why not adding the functionality of voltage scaling too!! or its not technically possible?
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    well.. why would it defeat the purpose? wouldn't be sweet if i we could multiple voltages to the screenstate compatible kernel! i mean.. when its in state, there is really no race to catch.. adding to the fact thats its running on lower Mhz.. why not adding the functionality of voltage scaling too!! or its not technically possible?
    You must have missed alot of tweets and threads. F105 (also F102 but at 800MHz) has screenstate-v2 which does voltage scaling. This kernel is for full speed all the time, alot of users like it like that.
    Live free or DIE!
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    ok.. would you someday add the screenstate governor to this kernel?
    Note that Marco's kernels usually focus on one thing at a time (that's why there are five of them). When each item becomes stable, it is added to UberKernel.

    -- Rod
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    You must have missed alot of tweets and threads. F105 (also F102 but at 800MHz) has screenstate-v2 which does voltage scaling. This kernel is for full speed all the time, alot of users like it like that.
    does it have the Dynamic voltage 3 steps scaling too?
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    does it have the Dynamic voltage 3 steps scaling too?
    It has a scaling factor which is more user friendly but strict. But in essence it uses the same 3 voltage levels.
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It has a scaling factor which is more user friendly but strict. But in essence it uses the same 3 voltage levels.
    can't wait to see it less strict you rock man!
  19. #239  
    Psycho,

    I don't know if it's good or not, but, I can't change the voltages even one tick down without RSOD.

    Old:
    VDD1: 61 57 53

    Now anthing lower than your default 58 RSOD's. I haven't touched VDD2 at all. Is this the array bug you speak of?


    M.
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Psycho,

    I don't know if it's good or not, but, I can't change the voltages even one tick down without RSOD.

    Old:
    VDD1: 61 57 53

    Now anthing lower than your default 58 RSOD's. I haven't touched VDD2 at all. Is this the array bug you speak of?


    M.
    Yes, now the array is correct and actually applying the voltages instead of at some random number.

    58 is acutally low for 1GHz, but at low load it will run. The stock voltage for 800MHz was 66.
    Live free or DIE!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions