Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    No, I didn't. Should I doctor it? I'm not sure which one to use.
    Look inside the battery compartment. Find the model number. Use the correct doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have an unlocked ATT Pre3 with a TMobile SIM card in it, and as I have posted on another thread, I cannot get the Skype application. I thought I might try using Impostah to change the Carrier String from ATT to ROW to see if that helps.

In the thread about getting access to the Global Paid App Catalog, it says "This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured."

Since I now have a Palm Profile on this device , changing the carrier string will have no effect as the profile at HP has ATT in it?
    You don't need all that. If you want to get skype on look under my post under Pre 3 few days ago.
    You just need to extract com.palm.skype.ipk package from european 2.2.0 doctor and force install on your Pre. Check the post for instructions.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by oheneaku View Post
    You don't need all that. If you want to get skype on look under my post under Pre 3 few days ago.
    You just need to extract com.palm.skype.ipk package from european 2.2.0 doctor and force install on your Pre. Check the post for instructions.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My AT&T Pre3 downloaded the Skype app just fine.
    I wonder what the difference is.
    Mine is locked with no SIM card in it and I'm using it Wi-Fi only.

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Get the doctor from our wiki page.

Use #*DEVMODE# to bypass the Palm sign-in and use Impostah to test signing in to your profile without the possibility of the data restore causing it to fail. If that works, then turn off backup to delete the backup and then erase apps and data and try the normal login again.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

So I've got a TouchPad where I created my webOS profile, and now I have a Pre3 which utterly refuses to let me past the First Use sign-in using my existing profile. I have disable Backup on my TouchPad, even removed my TouchPad from my profile, and done the above using Impostah. What exactly am I looking for it to do in the above scenario?

How do I know if the data restore is the issue? The continually recurring failure point in my setup is always at the profile sign-in where I continually get "Data Not Restored", but what data is it even trying to restore considering I've removed my TP from my profile??

I must be on my 10th doctoring of this device. Between dev mode+Preware+Impostah and creating new webOS profiles, it always looks like the app catalog is free apps only, and I am never getting what to me looks like proper access to my existing webOS profile. Impostah says my App Catalog is CA and true for paid app access.

Any additional insight/tips you might have?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    is it possible to use impostah to get sprint football live working on a franken pre2?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Does impostah work with webOS 3.0.4?

I'm trying to activate a US profile (I'm in the UK) and although there are no errors when I "Login to profile", after that, when I go to "App catalog", it still assumes I'm in the UK and does not ask me to enter a country.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Impostah seems not to work with 3.0.4.77!?!?!?

Impostah worked just fine with webOS 3.0.2, but after a complete reset and update to 3.0.4.77, I have exactly the same problem like RedMist, just that I'm from Germany!!!

Best regards
    T_Joe
    Last edited by T_Joe; 10/24/2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: because it looks nicer! ;o)
    Will Impostah support changing the osMajor, osMinor and osRevision numbers? and would this tell the catalog to allow me to download Apps not normally available for my OS?

More specifically is there a way to get nDrive (which I purchased for my Pre2) to install on my Pre3 (which it should run in Mojo emulator mode).
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    Will Impostah support changing the osMajor, osMinor and osRevision numbers? and would this tell the catalog to allow me to download Apps not normally available for my OS?
    Yes (on your device). No (it's on the server).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Joe View Post
    Impostah seems not to work with 3.0.4.77!?!?!?

Impostah worked just fine with webOS 3.0.2, but after a complete reset and update to 3.0.4.77, I have exactly the same problem like RedMist, just that I'm from Germany!!!

Best regards
    T_Joe
    can anyone confirm if impostah works with 3.04?
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphoptouchpad View Post
    can anyone confirm if impostah works with 3.04?
    What exactly are you attempting to use Impostah to do on webOS 3.0.4 ?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    On my Pre 3, Impostah finds only the apps already available in App catalog.
    So, no more help from Impostah getting geo-restricted apps, right?
    What exactly are you attempting to use Impostah to do on webOS 3.0.4 ?

-- Rod
    I have a CAN device and a CAN profile.

I set up a US profile using Impostah but when I log in with it, the App Catalogue doesn't ask for my country and all the other characteristics like "app catalogue" access country etc.. are all still set on Canada

Trying to get US apps.
    I have a CAN device and a CAN profile.

I set up a US profile using Impostah but when I log in with it, the App Catalogue doesn't ask for my country and all the other characteristics like "app catalogue" access country etc.. are all still set on Canada

Trying to get US apps.
    Create a new profile.

Rod, Chameleon?
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Rod, Chameleon?
    Well, chameleonic at least.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Create a new profile.

Rod, Chameleon?
    Yep- made a new US profile. Verfied the the email address for the new profile. Log into it in impostah.. but it still shows the CA pivot.
  18.    #178  
    Yep- made a new US profile. Verfied the the email address for the new profile. Log into it in impostah.. but it still shows the CA pivot.
    To change the app catalog country using Impostah, you need to create the new profile using Impostah and the country override in the activation screen.

-- Rod
    What is the CA Pivot?
    Please note the Pivot is an altogether separate concept, not exclusively related to region selection at profile creation time.
    My TP4G for instance shows July, regardless of what profile I log into or create.

Let's just say Pivot is anything but bugless.
    Well, chameleonic at least.

-- Rod
    In what sense?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast