Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I think you might have solved it for everyone

Had a similar experience, all working again?
    so before I ask to usunlocked they check my account and this the answer:

Thanks for your message. I have checked your account and your expiration date was showing incorrectly which I now have corrected. You can try again. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please, make sure to always connect over VPN.

after I try to update my account card with new expiration date but still I had same problem, so I make a chat with palm support I explain the problem and they solved the problem
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Hello Impostah devs and users. Here is my story (and question):

I set up my Pre 3 with the same profile as my TouchPad. Things seemed to work fine, until I realised that my contacts did not appear on the Pre when added on the TP. The I noticed that, although my TP has an HP account with my name on it, the Pre3 had an account named Dr. Skipped Firstuse. The apps (Mojo) I installed on the TP do appear on the Pre3 and the device seems to work fine otherwise (I guess that's more to do with the profile rather the HP account).

So I fired up impostah and deleted that Dr. Skipped Firstuse account. Why? Because I thought this way I could get the option to 'add' the real account. Alas, that didn't work. There is no option to add an HP account in the Accounts. The device still works as normal, and now using google account as default, my contacts are synced, but is there a way to add my HP account to my Pre3?

thanks
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    Hello Impostah devs and users. Here is my story (and question):

I set up my Pre 3 with the same profile as my TouchPad. Things seemed to work fine, until I realised that my contacts did not appear on the Pre when added on the TP. The I noticed that, although my TP has an HP account with my name on it, the Pre3 had an account named Dr. Skipped Firstuse. The apps (Mojo) I installed on the TP do appear on the Pre3 and the device seems to work fine otherwise (I guess that's more to do with the profile rather the HP account).

So I fired up impostah and deleted that Dr. Skipped Firstuse account. Why? Because I thought this way I could get the option to 'add' the real account. Alas, that didn't work. There is no option to add an HP account in the Accounts. The device still works as normal, and now using google account as default, my contacts are synced, but is there a way to add my HP account to my Pre3?

thanks
    You must have missed the final step of the process which says to do a full erase and go through the normal first use process.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You must have missed the final step of the process which says to do a full erase and go through the normal first use process.

-- Rod
    Actually I did this on the phone, but same thing happened. I chatted with the palm support. Apparently the problem is due to a conflict caused by using a 3.x activated account on a 2.x device. You can use a 2.x account on a 3.x device but not the other way around. What the palm support guy suggested was to full-erase both devices, start with the Pre3 by creating a 2.x account and then use that to activate the TP as well. Of course in the process I will loose (won't be used anymore) my existing profile! Do you guys have a better solution?
  5.    #145  
    Actually I did this on the phone, but same thing happened. I chatted with the palm support. Apparently the problem is due to a conflict caused by using a 3.x activated account on a 2.x device. You can use a 2.x account on a 3.x device but not the other way around. What the palm support guy suggested was to full-erase both devices, start with the Pre3 by creating a 2.x account and then use that to activate the TP as well. Of course in the process I will loose (won't be used anymore) my existing profile! Do you guys have a better solution?
    Turn off backups on the source device (which will delete the profile on the server, but not your apps) before you login on the second device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Turn off backups on the source device (which will delete the profile on the server, but not your apps) before you login on the second device.

-- Rod
    I see. So the idea is for the account to have no device associated to it when activating the Pre3 (I presume I have to erase the Pre3 again)? Once the Pre3 is setup, I then enable the backups again on the TouchPad?

By the way, is that the same as login to the HPwebOS Manage My Account website and removing the touchpad from there?
    I see. So the idea is for the account to have no device associated to it when activating the Pre3 (I presume I have to erase the Pre3 again)? Once the Pre3 is setup, I then enable the backups again on the TouchPad?

By the way, is that the same as login to the HPwebOS Manage My Account website and removing the touchpad from there?
    This is important to me too.
    Before the Pre3 arrived; I had a Sprint Pre(-) meta-dr to 2.1 PLUS I had a TP.
    Had issues logging into the Pre3 which I assumed was from messing up the Impostah activation.

I disassociated my Sprint Pre(-) from my profile using StopDeviceWipe wiki.
    So now all I have left is the TP.

I have another Pre3 now (NIB) and am afraid to activate incorrectly.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    This is important to me too.
    Before the Pre3 arrived; I had a Sprint Pre(-) meta-dr to 2.1 PLUS I had a TP.
    Had issues logging into the Pre3 which I assumed was from messing up the Impostah activation.

I disassociated my Sprint Pre(-) from my profile using StopDeviceWipe wiki.
    So now all I have left is the TP.

I have another Pre3 now (NIB) and am afraid to activate incorrectly.
    If you have any concerns, use a test profile to do the first activation, and then use your real profile at the end when you erase and relogin normally.

Once you've done the first activation, the server record is set, and activating other profiles can't make it worse.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hi ignore my noobness
    Im at the point were i managed to get the webos quick installer up and running,
    I cant seem to find the impostah app.
    Please help
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercy View Post
    Hi ignore my noobness
    Im at the point were i managed to get the webos quick installer up and running,
    I cant seem to find the impostah app.
    Please help
    You only need WOSQI to install Preware.

Use Preware for everything else.

-- Rod
    If you have any concerns, use a test profile to do the first activation, and then use your real profile at the end when you erase and relogin normally.

Once you've done the first activation, the server record is set, and activating other profiles can't make it worse.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. After borking the activation on the 1st Pre3; I want to get this one correct; especially as my profile only has a Touchpad associated with it now.

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Update:
    Thanks Rod. Disabling backups on the TP allowed me to sign into my profile on the Pre3. As usual, your assistance was most valuable.

- Thomas
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

-- Rod
    After moving my pre- running 2.1 from my current profile, will I be able to login it into a different profile login and retain all my information and apps previously used?

Dale
    When trying to a create a New Profile, I get this error:

Service Error (createDeviceAccount):

Please help. Thanks in advance.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    When trying to a create a New Profile, I get this error:

Service Error (createDeviceAccount):

Please help. Thanks in advance.
    You'll need to give a whole lot more information than that ...

Describe everything you were doing, including any input values you gave anywhere in Impostah, and what device and webOS version you are running.

Also make sure you have an internet connection for Impostah to use.

-- Rod
    You'll need to give a whole lot more information than that ...

Describe everything you were doing, including any input values you gave anywhere in Impostah, and what device and webOS version you are running.

Also make sure you have an internet connection for Impostah to use.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the response. My apologies, I was trying to activate my Pre 3 following the steps listed here. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html. In the step wherein you have to create a new Palm profile, I input and email and password and click Create New Profile. Not sure what webOS version it has, where can I check it? And yes, I am connected through wifi.
  17.    #157  
    Thanks for the response. My apologies, I was trying to activate my Pre 3 following the steps listed here. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html. In the step wherein you have to create a new Palm profile, I input and email and password and click Create New Profile. Not sure what webOS version it has, where can I check it? And yes, I am connected through wifi.
    What type of Pre 3 is it?

-- Rod
    What type of Pre 3 is it?

-- Rod
    Not sure since it was only given to me by my brother-in-law from Canada. I think it's a demo phone. I had it unlocked by getting a code from DigitalUnlock.
  19.    #159  
    Not sure since it was only given to me by my brother-in-law from Canada. I think it's a demo phone. I had it unlocked by getting a code from DigitalUnlock.
    Did you doctor it before running Impostah?

-- Rod
    Did you doctor it before running Impostah?

-- Rod
    No, I didn't. Should I doctor it? I'm not sure which one to use.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast