Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 225
Like Tree9Likes
  1. #121  
    So I've been using Impostah to browse my SMS conversations and save them as .json files. The thing is, I want to export ALL of my texts and I don't like the thought of having to navigate to each SMS and save it individually. Is this a feature Impostah could/does offer? Is it there and I'm just not seeing it? I would love a "Save All" option or anything like that.

    I know that 2.1.0 backs up texts to my Palm Profile, but it's just not the same as having the data archived on my desktop, like I used to be able to do with 1.4.5.

    Am I being dumb? Is there some better, more efficient solution for what I'm looking to do? I've tried looking but I can't find anything. Let me know, thanks.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post

    Sercive Error
    (authenticateFromDevice):
    {"errorCodes": "PAMS3006",
    "message": "Invalid device
    IMEI/MEID."}
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's an error message from the Palm server.

    Can you PM me your device profile? Impostah will allow you to save it to a file on your USB drive. Also, make sure you have no Device Overrides.

    -- Rod
    Have the same error with my previously working german profile, after trying to log in to a new US profile to access US catalog unsuccessfully and trying to change back to my original profile. Now my appcatalog won't load and on the palm account webpage https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface there is no more device listed. And in stock Deviceinformation the HP-WEBOS-ACCOUNT isn't there anymore

    Can i override this unlinking of profile and phone somehow?

    [Update] Oh well don't mind, fixed it: Rebooted with cellphone network activated. Then back to the Impostah Aktivation and this time it worked.
    The SIM-PIN entering seems to have put the IMEI of my SIM into the before empty field deviceID to be seen in the Impostah Device Profile page. Also the phone is listed again online and app catalog works.

    This only for others with same error.
    So i think i may stop folling around with other catalogs, it's not worth the hussle - too bad HP hasn't fixed the coutry restrictions.
  3. #123  
    Activation of US paid apps (via Impostah) seems to have worked for me, well at least I can see the paid apps and I can download free ones. In Impostah, it shows me that I have paid apps and country is US. However, I have a problem purchasing paid apps.
    I have created a usunlocked account....and then I transferred the money in....it took 4 business days, but the money is there now. I went to purchase an app on my Pre 3 and I get "purchase failed'.

    Could I have entered the address details incorrectly? I have entered them as they appear on the usunlocked website. The Suite# is on the second address line. In Australia, we would normally put it on the first line. Should I put it on the first line or should I obmit it? Any other ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
  4. #124  
    This is the error that I get:
    The item could not be purchased. Try again later. PMT03024
  5. #125  
    I have a problem that I hope I can sort out with Impostah. I have lost all profile information in my profile (except apps) when migrating from my Pre2 to my Pre3 (after finally getting qwerty on it).

    I had previously activated the UK catalog with the procedure in that thread. Now I went through the following steps
    * running backup on the Pre2
    * running save/restore on the Pre2
    * using Impostah and instruction on the StopDeviceWipe wiki page to disconnect the profile from the Pre2
    * using Impostah to log into my profile on the Pre3 (to avoid wiping it)

    This did not restore accounts and application failed to download. I tried restarting, wiping, redoctoring, and logging into the empty profile I had used when atctivating the UK catalog and I have been able to get the apps to download with my original profile. App cat account info is correct and apps are downloaded, but all accounts are lost, my Profile account is Dr First leading to no text messages or other profile data restored.

    I'm guessing that the problem is that as I did not do a device wipe and log in properly the first time on my Pre3 it did not restore the profile data. Instead it backuped the empty Pre3 info to the profile, including Dr. First Skipped User. So now when I log into my profile again, in the proper way, the Palm backup is unusable. This is very unfortunate and should probably, if verified, be a PSA in the activation thread.

    My solution, that I hope will work using Impostah, is to log into my profile again on my Pre2, make a backup, and the do the first activation after a wipe on on my Pre3. But as I do not want to make a mistake and lose the data, I would be very grateful if someone could check if the following procedure is correct:
    * using Impostah log into the Pre2 with my profile
    * reboot
    * perform a manual backup on the Pre2
    * log out of the profile (following the StopDeviceWIpe instructions)
    * wipe and reboot the Pre3
    * go through the first use and get back all my data!

    My worry is that when I log into my profile on the Pre2 it will want to overwrite the current data on the device with the empty data from the profile. How can I prevent that?

    Update: With assurances from Rod by twitter I tried this procedure and it worked. See also the case study I wrote up on the StopDeviceWipe wiki page.
    Last edited by KallistiMan; 09/14/2011 at 05:42 AM.
  6. #126  
    Read the wiki thanks for that!

    So I cannot log into or create a new palm profile on my Pre3.
    I can change my password but even after successfully doing that it says I need to contact palm support who told me everything looks good with my account at their end.

    I had activated the Pre3 for US APP catalog with Impostah.
    My existing profile in on a sprint pre(-).

    So I should log into the Pre3 (using the #* code)
    make sure wifi is working;
    disable backups (which will disconnect Pre3 id from server which may be my root cause)
    full device wipe of Pre3
    use Impostah on my Pre(-) following the stopdevicewipe wiki
    then go through 1st use on the Pre3.

    I am going to try it out tonight when I return home.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  7. #127  
    SIGH.
    Oh well. My palm profile is no longer associated with my sprint pre(-) but I still cannot log in @ first use on the Pre3. It keeps saying sign in failed and to contact palm support (which only verified that my profile was ok)

    And my brain is so fried, i cannot even download the doctor correctly now (why do I have a zip and not a .jar) since I cannot use my profile and serial # to d/l direct from hp palm.

    I have one last avenue to try at the moment.


    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Read the wiki thanks for that!

    So I cannot log into or create a new palm profile on my Pre3.
    I can change my password but even after successfully doing that it says I need to contact palm support who told me everything looks good with my account at their end.

    I had activated the Pre3 for US APP catalog with Impostah.
    My existing profile in on a sprint pre(-).

    So I should log into the Pre3 (using the #* code)
    make sure wifi is working;
    disable backups (which will disconnect Pre3 id from server which may be my root cause)
    full device wipe of Pre3
    use Impostah on my Pre(-) following the stopdevicewipe wiki
    then go through 1st use on the Pre3.

    I am going to try it out tonight when I return home.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  8.    #128  
    Get the doctor from our wiki page.

    Use #*DEVMODE# to bypass the Palm sign-in and use Impostah to test signing in to your profile without the possibility of the data restore causing it to fail. If that works, then turn off backup to delete the backup and then erase apps and data and try the normal login again.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Get the doctor from our wiki page.

    Use #*DEVMODE# to bypass the Palm sign-in and use Impostah to test signing in to your profile without the possibility of the data restore causing it to fail. If that works, then turn off backup to delete the backup and then erase apps and data and try the normal login again.

    -- Rod
    Rod: Have the link for the doctor from the wiki; and will follow the directions above (use devmode without sim correct?) and let you know the results.

    Thanks as always for the pointers.

    One final question: when I d/l the doctor from the wiki yesterday, (on windows machine) I ended up with a .zip instead of .jar Where did I go wrong there?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Rod: Have the link for the doctor from the wiki; and will follow the directions above (use devmode without sim correct?) and let you know the results.

    Thanks as always for the pointers.

    One final question: when I d/l the doctor from the wiki yesterday, (on windows machine) I ended up with a .zip instead of .jar Where did I go wrong there?
    Where you went wrong is using Windows ;-)

    -- Rod
    MudShark22 likes this.
  11. #131  
    So I need my linux box to d/l the .jar eh? Its still in storage! DOH!

    Any windows fans d/l the doctor as a .jar?

    EDIT: Windows 7 was hiding the known extension types, so thats why I could not rename to .jar and run.

    Will do so tonight!
    Last edited by MudShark22; 09/15/2011 at 09:59 AM.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Get the doctor from our wiki page.

    Use #*DEVMODE# to bypass the Palm sign-in and use Impostah to test signing in to your profile without the possibility of the data restore causing it to fail. If that works, then turn off backup to delete the backup and then erase apps and data and try the normal login again.

    -- Rod
    Got Doctor;
    Doctored Pre3
    Enable #*DEVMODE#; reboot
    log into home wifi
    install preware 1.5
    upgrade to preware 1.7.5
    install impostah
    try to activate to existing profile

    SERVICE ERROR(authenticate from device)
    "error codes":"PAMS3036",
    "Message": "device is locked from doing first use"
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  13.    #133  
    Time to call Palm support on that one.

    -- Rod
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    This is the error that I get:
    The item could not be purchased. Try again later. PMT03024
    today I got same message and usunlocked card stop to work after 3 weeks that I was purchasing on app catalog without problem...anyone know what mean that error code?
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  15. #135  
    me too same prob just last night and today? same error,

    Did your card balance fall below $50?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    me too same prob just last night and today? same error,

    Did your card balance fall below $50?
    yes at the moment I have around 20$....but I used the card for almost 3 weeks without any problem and was always under 50$....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Time to call Palm support on that one.

    -- Rod
    Worse than that now; its in a boot loop cycle for some reason.
    Going to try and memboot / doctor again.

    I am disheartened but understood the risks.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    yes at the moment I have around 20$....but I used the card for almost 3 weeks without any problem and was always under 50$....
    ok solved by contacting palm support chat....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  19. #139  
    I think you might have solved it for everyone

    Had a similar experience, all working again?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Worse than that now; its in a boot loop cycle for some reason.
    Going to try and memboot / doctor again.

    I am disheartened but understood the risks.
    Thankfully after a number of attempts, I got the bootie going and was able to re-doctor (again) and back into devmode et al.

    Will have to contact Palm to see if I can get this fixed:
    SERVICE ERROR(authenticate from device)
    "error codes":"PAMS3036",
    "Message": "device is locked from doing first use"
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.

Posting Permissions