Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    In what sense?
    See the device profile scene ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/22/2011 at 06:13 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To change the app catalog country using Impostah, you need to create the new profile using Impostah and the country override in the activation screen.

-- Rod
    Yes, I created it in Impostah with US as the country. Whenever I log in using the US profile, it says success.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What is the CA Pivot?
    CA pivot = Canadian Pivot. When I login to my US profiel in impostah, and then open the App Catalog, it does not ask me for my country. It still shows me the Canadian catalog. When I go to "App Catalog" in impostah and try to get cbs.sports, impostah cannnot find the application

See the device profile scene ...

-- Rod
    on the device profile screen, I don't see any country information in the profile or overrides.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphoptouchpad View Post
    on the device profile screen, I don't see any country information in the profile or overrides.
    That was a response to GuyFromNam.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Can anyone give me a url to download the Impostah ipk fine..
    Thanks and Regards,

Karthik M
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by carthikm View Post
    Can anyone give me a url to download the Impostah ipk fine..
    It's in Preware.

http://bit.ly/phd-ac tells you how to install Preware.

-- Rod
    there was a precentral article that gave the steps on how to use Impostah to disconnect/restore the palm profile on a device so one could move a SIM from one phone to another without wiping out all the data and apps on the device. Does anyone have a link to that? The search function just seems to find stuff in the forums.

Thanks!
    This might be what you are looking for: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

What I would like to know:

After performing the wiki steps on a Sprint Pre(-) meta-doctored 2.1 phone, can I use
    Impostah to log that phone into a brand NEW palm profile and still keep the data/apps that were not wiped? Do those apps etc. then get added to the NEW profile with a backup?

TIA!

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    i see impostah can fake being another device, on my euro pre3 it would allow faking a touchpad or vzn us pre3 etc, but can you fake a device to be a pre2/etc so we can buy older apps to see if they work via use of apptucker/preware?

Using a tucker enabled preware ive tried a fair few "lite/demo" apps from the pre/pre2/etc and a lot work perfectly fine on the pre3 and some even on the touchpad, is there a way to fake broader access to what we buy (if we can still buy them) for those that know and are willing (without crying on the forums the apps dont work after being bought) to risk buying apps that may or may not work on the pre3/touchpad.
    I'm confused.

When I look at accounts in webOS, the webOS account is Impostah user. I have no option to get back to the account used for activation.

How do I get it to show correct info?

BTW, I have just doctored this to get it to 2.2.4, so it's a clean install.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    so i have a pre3 and was worried about breaking it at work, so i did the impostah route and have had it off, but using a veer during the week. did the same to the veer and now i threw the card back in the pre3, its all there but i cant buy an app because, says cannot be completed at this time. i go into impostah and it says i am not loged into this palm profile. i checked and neither is the veer which i use as a daily driver, did i just screw stuff up worse? or do i just have to dr the device that i decide to daily and relogin from 1st?
    Palm prē-ist.
    hmmm another failure with changing things - 3.0.5 definately seems to have changed something, I've tried creating two new accounts via impostah (and then checked they were the logged in account) and both times the store app just took me straight to the uk region without prompting.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can I use the Impostah app to delete individual cookies from the web browser? (I can of course delete the whole lot from the Preferences in the Browser app. )

I tried e.g., to delete the cookie for .nytimes.com in my Pre 3 phone. When I click "Show" I get a scene with details of the cookie. From the menu bar, I see an item for "Delete Item". However, clicking "Delete Item" seems to do nothing.

Does the "Delete Item" do something else?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hello Rod or anyone in the know,
    I have paid catalog access to FR. "com.preciouscoders.pre.bahnfahren" according to Preware is free and available in AU, DE, HK, NZ and SG.

I've already installed the latest version through App Tuckerbox, but I'm trying to install on other devices with no Tuckerbox using Impostah or Dummy Maker. Dummy Maker chokes, but Impostah throws the error "application com.preciouscoders.pre.bahnfahren not found".

According to Preware and the Palm feed (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pre.bahnfahren) I haven't spelled the app ID incorrectly and I have a working internet connect (I've tested on other apps.).

Can you help me understand why it can't be found? In what cases can apps would be omitted from these feeds? Thanks.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hello Rod or anyone in the know,
    I have paid catalog access to FR. "com.preciouscoders.pre.bahnfahren" according to Preware is free and available in AU, DE, HK, NZ and SG.

I've already installed the latest version through App Tuckerbox, but I'm trying to install on other devices with no Tuckerbox using Impostah or Dummy Maker. Dummy Maker chokes, but Impostah throws the error "application com.preciouscoders.pre.bahnfahren not found".

According to Preware and the Palm feed (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pre.bahnfahren) I haven't spelled the app ID incorrectly and I have a working internet connect (I've tested on other apps.).

Can you help me understand why it can't be found? In what cases can apps would be omitted from these feeds? Thanks.
    Impostah can only show what the App Catalog APIs report for that device. App Tuckerbox uses registration-sourced information to show more apps.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Impostah can only show what the App Catalog APIs report for that device. App Tuckerbox uses registration-sourced information to show more apps.

-- Rod
    Sorry: I neglected to specify that the app, according to Preware/Tuckerbox info, is available on all devices. Pre 3 is listed; that's what I was using.

It seems the app falls into the typical case for installation through Impostah or DummyMaker:
    - available on device
    - free (or already purchased)
    - geo-restricted

Is there a criterium that I missed? Language is not an issue, I believe - those are linked to locales anyway.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm getting errors with purchasing from my Pre 3, how do I update my card details?

I've looked what seems like everywhere and searched online and this thread but can't work it out. I had access before now I'm getting the "This action could not be completed. Try again later" message. I think it could be because the card has expired.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    If one has an opal device on the palm qa server, would Impostah's chameleonic properties allow one to imitate a wifi TP on the production server so that previously purchased apps can be downloaded?
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If one has an opal device on the palm qa server, would Impostah's chameleonic properties allow one to imitate a wifi TP on the production server so that previously purchased apps can be downloaded?
    That's pretty much why that feature was added...

-- Rod
    That's pretty much why that feature was added...

-- Rod
    If the current profile in use is on the qa server, would it be required to use Impostah to login to the production account too?

if so, which task would one perform first: chameleonic change or profile change?

As always, thanks for the tips.

- Thomas
  20.    #200  
    Profile servers are independent.

-- Rod
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast