Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I was lucky enough to be able to recover my Palm Pre from the reboot loop, and I got Preware on my phone up and running again.
    The problem I have is that Preware works and everything, I can download apps, and the apps appear in the Installed Packages section, but only some apps show up in the webOS launcher, some don't, I go back to the Installed packages section and for the ones that are on the launcher, preware gives me two options, to launch it or to remove it.
    Then when I go to the apps that are not on the launcher, I am only given one option which is to remove.

Is there a way to get those apps to show up on the launcher?

This has nothing to do with preware not showing the installed packages, but I still ran ERU, and it did nothing...
    not everything in preware will have an icon on the launcher (ie patches) so can you list the apps you are referring to?

also, do they appear when you just type the app name in the launcher?

and sorry to ask this, but did you scroll down in the launcher page? Several folks didn't realize the pages can scroll down (they can't on the iphone, so it's understandable) so I had to ask... :O
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    not everything in preware will have an icon on the launcher (ie patches) so can you list the apps you are referring to?

also, do they appear when you just type the app name in the launcher?

and sorry to ask this, but did you scroll down in the launcher page? Several folks didn't realize the pages can scroll down (they can't on the iphone, so it's understandable) so I had to ask... :O
    Yeap, I did scroll all the way down on all 3 pages.
    Also, yes they are apps and not patches, I'm sure a game like Sudoku should have a patch . However, I'm not to sure, about OpenVPN, I would have thought that would come with a icon as well, else how to a configure the VPN settings?
    openvpn isn't an app, so it won't show up. What else isn't showing up? Do they show up when you type the name at the launcher or card view?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    openvpn isn't an app, so it won't show up. What else isn't showing up? Do they show up when you type the name at the launcher or card view?
    Sorry, the icons show now... I had to completely shut down my pre then power it on again for the icons to show. Apparently just rebooting the device isn't good enough...