1.    #1  
    Hey Palm Pre guys It's mrinehart93 from xda-developers.com. I've started a project over there to port WebOS to the HTC Hero. Obviously you guys know more the WebOS innerworkings and kernel, so I've come to you guys for help. Really, I've never cross-compiled kernels, let alone done any kernel development, but I am willing to learn as I go.

So far, I have downloaded all the package sources and patches from Palm's WebOS 1.4.5 Open Source Packages page . Am I to follow the guide on compiling custom kernels for WebOS, and then begin to port the kernel over? Or should I be compiling the kernel as if it were a regular desktop linux kernel, but patched for ARM? I'm also wondering about how WebOS will be booted once the kernel is ported, but I will wait on that until I can get the kernel worked out.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer here... I loved my Palm Pre while I had it, but the hardware just wasn't to my liking.
    anything i can do to help let me know. im not sure what i can do but i have become very familiar with the operating system files and themeing this phone manually.