Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Vertaire's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi all,
    I was trying to update my Uberkernel to the latest version. But instead of doing it through PreWare, I downloaded it manually from the PreWare website, and put it onto my Pre via USB.
    I tried to install it, but it failed halfway... Instead of reading the Uberkernel FAQ I stupidly decided to reboot my phone... And now my Pre won't boot up. The palm logo shows up for 10-20 seconds and then it fades out, and reboots itself again...

    I tried using the WebOS Doctor, but because the the self rebooting issue, WebOS Doctor doesn't work...

    Is there another method to get my Pre up and running again?

    Thanks in Advance!
    Vertaire
  2. #2  

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  3. #3  
    sound like I time to take out battery plug phone into computer hold down volume up button while replacing battery and continue to hold the volume up button down until a big usb symbol appears on your phone and then run the web doctor on it .
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/19/2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: replaced power / volume up lol it's just to early in the am lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sound like I time to take out battery plug phone into computer hold down power button while replacing battery and continue to hold the power button down until a big usb symbol appears on your phone and then run the web doctor on it .
    Isn't that supposed to be the volume up button, or does it work with the power button too?

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  5. #5  
    opps good call !!! Volume up button is correct !! My bad I just woke up and am still drinking my cup of coffee
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. Vertaire's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sound like I time to take out battery plug phone into computer hold down volume up button while replacing battery and continue to hold the volume up button down until a big usb symbol appears on your phone and then run the web doctor on it .
    Yep, I did do the Volume up and boot into USB mode with the big USB logo before posting, webOS Doctor goes up to 8% and then fails, stating the my Pre was disconnected (due to my Pre automatically rebooting as stated before)...

    So no luck...
  7. #7  
    keep trying it will work eventually I'm sure . Also does just stay on the palm logo for a while or does an actual error pop up ? If an error pops up then post it here if not then you need to run it again and let it sit for an hour or so . It may be slow due to the mishap. If it is stalling out and quiting on you, you should look for the govnah thread and post this in there . The devs will be alot more detailed about how to fix this issue.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. Vertaire's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    keep trying it will work eventually I'm sure . Also does just stay on the palm logo for a while or does an actual error pop up ? If an error pops up then post it here if not then you need to run it again and let it sit for an hour or so . It may be slow due to the mishap. If it is stalling out and quiting on you, you should look for the govnah thread and post this in there . The devs will be alot more detailed about how to fix this issue.
    No errors pop up, just the palm logo sitting there for a while, and then the logo fades out and reboots. When I'm plugged into the the computer, I hear the USB disconnected noised when the logo fades out, and the USB connected noise when it reboots again...

    I tried many times and still only able to get to 8% then webOS Doctor displays "Phone Disconnected Click OK to try again"

    PS, my Pre is an O2 GSM version, if that matters...
    Last edited by Vertaire; 10/19/2010 at 07:29 AM.
  9. Vertaire's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #9  
    I tried to use the webOS Repair Utility, but it doesn't seem to work either, any ideas?
  10. #10  
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar and copied into the SDK bin folder):

    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

    After it boots, run novaterm:

    novaterm

    Once connected to the device, type:

    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

    then type:

    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. Vertaire's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar and copied into the SDK bin folder):

    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

    After it boots, run novaterm:

    novaterm

    Once connected to the device, type:

    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

    then type:

    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

    -- Rod
    THANKS A LOT DUDE!!!

    I'm still in the process of recovering my Pre, it's now past 8% and currently at 72%!

    Update:
    My Pre is up and running again, THANKS A LOT!!!
    Last edited by Vertaire; 11/05/2010 at 01:41 AM.
  12. maxi_gmv's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar and copied into the SDK bin folder):

    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

    After it boots, run novaterm:

    novaterm

    Once connected to the device, type:

    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

    then type:

    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

    -- Rod
    Hi, I'm in the same situation, but when I format the drive as you suggested, the phone restarts. And after that if I try to doctor it, the usual error still appears ( Phone Disconnected at 8% ).
    Any Ideas?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_gmv View Post
    Hi, I'm in the same situation, but when I format the drive as you suggested, the phone restarts. And after that if I try to doctor it, the usual error still appears ( Phone Disconnected at 8% ).
    Any Ideas?
    I suspect your flash memory hardware has a problem.

    -- Rod
  14. maxi_gmv's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect your flash memory hardware has a problem.

    -- Rod
    IS the any way I can confirm that? I have no Palm support in my country

Posting Permissions