Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I posted something about this in the general Pre forum because I didn't have any evidence to show otherwise. Now I do.
    I was running F102 for about 16hrs when my Pre suddenly said that I needed to reset/restore and sign back into my Palm Profile. I finished that and started reinstalling apps and restoring data. After putting some basic apps on (Preware, Govnah, Save/Restore) I installed the recovery kernel and then back to F102.
    Almost immediately after the first reset with the "stable" kernel, I got the message again and I'm now looking at choosing between English & Espanol again.
    Very unhappy.
    F105 seemed to be making the phone lag/hesitate & F102 was working fine. Until it didn't.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I posted something about this in the general Pre forum because I didn't have any evidence to show otherwise. Now I do.
    I was running F102 for about 16hrs when my Pre suddenly said that I needed to reset/restore and sign back into my Palm Profile. I finished that and started reinstalling apps and restoring data. After putting some basic apps on (Preware, Govnah, Save/Restore) I installed the recovery kernel and then back to F102.
    Almost immediately after the first reset with the "stable" kernel, I got the message again and I'm now looking at choosing between English & Espanol again.
    Very unhappy.
    F105 seemed to be making the phone lag/hesitate & F102 was working fine. Until it didn't.
    When you say reset, are you talking about a normal power down and restart? Or are you talking about an unsafe reset, such as a bat full or forced luna restart due to mem running out?
    If it is due to an unsafe reset then that is what is causing your data to be corrupted and you get logged out.
    If its a safe reset then I should imagine that you have some corrupt files somewhere, best way to proceed is to doctor and then retest the kernel.

Pip
    Sounds like your phone simply can't handle the overclocking.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sounds like your phone simply can't handle the overclocking.

-- Rod
    With F105, it seemed to stutter on 1.005Ghz, that's why I was trying F102- the description talks about being stripped down with no extra code and limited to 800Mhz. So that's what I used. I seemed to be running very well- except for the reset to stock.
    I'm actually using UK right now. Trying it at 800/250/500 with UserSpace. I usually use ScreenState, but it locks up with that one when the screen comes on, no matter what upper setting I use.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    When you say reset, are you talking about a normal power down and restart? Or are you talking about an unsafe reset, such as a bat full or forced luna restart due to mem running out?
    If it is due to an unsafe reset then that is what is causing your data to be corrupted and you get logged out.
    If its a safe reset then I should imagine that you have some corrupt files somewhere, best way to proceed is to doctor and then retest the kernel.

Pip
    Normal reset by pressing the OK button after the kernel installed.
    The first time it happened during normal usage- I had just posted on FB and went to a different page. When the page tried to load, FB indicated that I was no longer logged in; immediately after that (maybe at the same time) I got the notification on the bottom of the Pre saying that I needed to restore my profile and had to reset and sign in to do so. When I pressed the OK/Reset button, I got what looked like a Luna reset and then saw what was obviously an OEM profile restore screen. Starting with choosing my language, then signing in to my profile and entering passwords for my accounts. After it restored the first time, I had none of my programs (except for stock). But my theme was mostly intact. Preware said that there were no patches installed, but a good number of them obviously were.
    After the second restore/reboot, it was very similar, except that many of my apps were restored, along with a few that I don't think I ever installed. Patches were still there, as was theme, but none were recognized by Preware (after I reinstalled it).
    I've got an extra Pre. Might be time to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    With F105, it seemed to stutter on 1.005Ghz, that's why I was trying F102- the description talks about being stripped down with no extra code and limited to 800Mhz. So that's what I used. I seemed to be running very well- except for the reset to stock.
    I'm actually using UK right now. Trying it at 800/250/500 with UserSpace. I usually use ScreenState, but it locks up with that one when the screen comes on, no matter what upper setting I use.
    Don't go below 500MHz at the low end. That is what is causing your problems with screenstate.

-- Rod