1.    #1  
    First off, let me apologize if this has been discussed before. I searched on google and the local search on forum for the past hour to find nothing on this subject so far (perhaps I wasn't searching for the right words?).

I recently had my pixi swapped out for a pre, started checking out uber-kernel plus govnah which I absolutely love. I am currently using the screenstate 500/800 config because it fits my needs and only swap to performance 800 when I want to jam my tunes at work. I noticed in screenstate if I turn the screen off the music sorta craps out (but that's not the issue).

Past day or so I noticed that the pre has a problem detecting the charger being inserted. I have 3 cords and have tried them all. Mine, the one for my wife's pixi and the new one I got for my PC downstairs for general charging/transfering while down there. I am an "average" (or maybe a bit above average) linux user so my first instinct is to bring up console and run a dmesg, tail some logs, while plugging and and unplugging the phone. I noticed it seems to notice the insert of the cord but something else is possibly failing? I am wondering if this has something to do with voltage?

I read somewhere in the forums that the screenstate setting auto-defaults to 500 when the charger is plugged in, and runs the default speed when the phone is booting to prevent issues. I noticed with my issue that if I leave the charger plugged in and reboot my phone, the minute it completes the boot sequence it detects the charger or charge/usbmode accordingly. Basically meaning that if the problem doesn't get solved by plugging/un-plugging the cord a few times, I can only charge my phone if I reboot it in this manor (which is sort-of a pain in my **** you can imagine).

Does anyone have any sort of insight to this? And a quick secondary question in case it's related: is it normal for govnah to occasionally show a negative voltage in the meter? I wasn't sure if this is showing value relative to normal value or if it's just glitchy. Any info would be great. I get my touchstone back-cover for my pre in the mail today so I will be able to test that sometime this afternoon as well.
    Is it charging the phone but just not alerting you maybe?
    When you turn the screen off the processor switches to 500MHz which is probably why the music craps out.
    Where is it showing the negative voltage? Under battery current?
    Last edited by lopezpm; 10/15/2010 at 12:46 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Is it charging the phone but just not alerting you maybe?
    I will have to test that further, it appears as if the battery continues to drain until it displays the lightning bolt but I can always check this.

When you turn the screen off the processor switches to 500MHz which is probably why the music craps out.
    I kinda assumed that, which is why I usually choose "UberKernel Default" when listening to my tunes. I haven't really gotten around to tweaking out my own profile yet, alot of the default ones seem to work out ok for me depending on the situation.

Where is it showing the negative voltage? Under battery current?
    Yes, It doesn't stay that way but occasionally it goes into a negative value, sometimes drastically, wasn't sure if this was the norm` or not.. I attached a screenshot showing a rather drastic value.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mine shows negative sometimes too. I think that's the norm.
  5.    #5  
    Well, tonight I am going to try removing uber-kernel and see if the behavior continues. I received my touchstone back in the mail today, and when I hooked it up.. it now randomly reconnects itself.. every 30secs or so I get a message chime saying my charger is connected. Getting rather annoying.. I really don't want to have to send this thing back again.. In a matter of a week I went through 2 pixi's and now potentially a pre :/
  6.    #6  
    Well, I removed uber-kernel and it didn't help, I doctor'd my phone and that didn't help so it must be hardware.Looks like I will be calling sprint today to get my 4th phone in 2 weeks. How very fun, thanks for all the help anyway.