1.    #1  
    I've read a ton of overclocking the Pre but so much of it is over my head, so these might be dumb questions but I have a few.

What all do I need to do to overclock it? Simply install UberKernal and Govnah? After installing these, I should see a significant difference in speed?

I installed both and the only difference I saw was how quickly my battery started draining. (significantly quicker than before) So I uninstalled both but my battery continues to drain just as fast even after uninstalling them.

I guess my two questions are if I need to do more than simply installing those two things because I never really noticed a difference, & is it normal to drain the battery that much quicker?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjonhall View Post
    I've read a ton of overclocking the Pre but so much of it is over my head, so these might be dumb questions but I have a few.

What all do I need to do to overclock it? Simply install UberKernal and Govnah? After installing these, I should see a significant difference in speed?

I installed both and the only difference I saw was how quickly my battery started draining. (significantly quicker than before) So I uninstalled both but my battery continues to drain just as fast even after uninstalling them.

I guess my two questions are if I need to do more than simply installing those two things because I never really noticed a difference, & is it normal to drain the battery that much quicker?

Thanks!
    open govnah and change the speed to what you want it at. That's all you need to do
  3.    #3  
    What is a reasonable speed to set it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjonhall View Post
    What is a reasonable speed to set it to?
    I have mine at screenstate 1000/500
    You will see a noticeable improvement on screenstate 800/500 too. Also, don't forget to make sure Dev Mode is off. For some reason Govnah wasn't working on mine when Dev Mode was on.
    <<Thread Moved>>

Please try these threads for complete information:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    You will see a noticeable improvement on screenstate 800/500 too. Also, don't forget to make sure Dev Mode is off. For some reason Govnah wasn't working on mine when Dev Mode was on.
    What do you mean that it wasn't working? I have mine in Dev Mode, but Govnah still allows me to change CPU speed and shows temperature. I think I notice an improvement, but am I just tricking myself?