1.    #1  
    I am seeing this behavior with govnah 0.74 and uber kernel 1.4.5-119. I usually use screenstate 500/800 via a saved new profile.

I have the above versions for sprint's palm pre. Following restart, at times, the profile reported in govnah is unknown and the cpu speed is 500. I did not see this with the previous versions of govnah and uber. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 11/20/2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: seeing the same issue with the latest kernel version
    it happened to me sometimes. I just waited a little bit and the profile will be shown properly. I think in my case it has to do with my pixi hardware which is obviously slower than the pre
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
    Make a new profile and use the new profile you make. Thats pretty much how you fix it.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    mine does on occasion but most of the time i'm at screenstate 1000/500
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I have the above versions for sprint's palm pre. Following restart, at times, the profile reported in govnah is unknown and the cpu speed is 500. I did not see this with the previous versions of govnah and uber. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
    Since upgrading govnah, Ilm having the same problem. Creating a new profile does not help.
  6.    #6  
    I have govnah 0.7.4 and uber 1.4.5-119. I am seeing the same problem as mentioned above. I have a profile saved and yet it shows unknown at 500mhz or 1ghz at times. this happens either following a reboot or even a few hours after a reboot. following reboot the profile is correct but then it changes automatically. I reinstalled the orig palm 1.4.5 kernel and then reinstalled uber 119 yet i saw the same behavior this morning. Does anyone know what is the issue? How to fix it, etc.? Thanks.
    Yup. Govnah has had some form of dementia/amnesia for the past month which requires a profile reset at least 5X a day.

Removal and reinstall was not the cure. Anybody have the real answer?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Yup. Govnah has had some form of dementia/amnesia for the past month which requires a profile reset at least 5X a day.

Removal and reinstall was not the cure. Anybody have the real answer?
    Good to know i am not the only one. Hope webos internal folks take a notice and guide us.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Good to know i am not the only one. Hope webos internal folks take a notice and guide us.
    Ok this is what i tried for the last 3 days and it seems to be working. At least for now. I disabled the compressed swap and saved it as a profile. So have screenstate 800/500 with compressed swap disabled. And so far, haven't seen any unknown profile with either 1g or 500mhz speed. So far so good. May be this gives the developers some clue. Hope it helps.
    It seems i'm having a persistant similar issue. govnah 0.7.4, and the latest uberkernel via preware.

i normally have it set to 1000/500 screenstate, but very frequently the profile will change to 'Unknown'. When this happens the phone seems to have some odd things happen. The most obvious is that my streaming audio bluetooth works while the screen is on, but stutters horribly when the screen turns off. Changing the profile back to 1000/500 fixes the issue. It also seems the battery life suffers when going to the 'unknown' profile, but this is difficult to put a metric to.
    I first noticed this issue myself because starting about four days ago my Pre wouldn't last six hours without the battery dying. I'm used to having 50% charge left by the end of my work day with normal usage. Then I noticed the phone's performance seemed to be suffering, and when I checked Govnah it had an unknown profile and appeared to be running at 500MHz. I can reselect my 1000/500 screenstate profile but after the screen shuts off, it's back to showing the profile as unknown and the clock speed as 500Mhz. I've removed and reinstalled the latest Uberkernel and Govnah 0.7.4 but the problem persists. I've tried creating a new profile with the same settings but this has no effect either. I'm now back to running the Palm default 500Mhz profile which works fine but is lacking in performance. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    running the new kernel? if so let me know where i can download it please, thanks