Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm on a day-zero Sprint pre running webOS 1.4.5 and would like to share my experience after a couple days of playing around with this "undervolting" thing.

My method of finding the sweet spot, of course, was to keep stepping down two notches until the thing crashes then keep the last "known working" setting.

Unfortunately I've had the following things happen:

* After at least one of the crashes, some of my settings have disappeared. App Catalog and Preware somehow thought I was a first-time user again. My alarms in the built-in clock app were gone. Seems like "cookie" type settings. Thankfully none of my more permanent data has been erased.

* Also, I've noticed that sometimes system sounds stop working. (EDIT: this *probably* has something to do with the headset problem, not undervolting)

* And sometimes other sounds (ringtones, sms tones, alarms) stop working. (EDIT: this *probably* has something to do with the headset problem, not undervolting)

* And while I see other stuff in /var/log/messages, Mojo.Log.info() calls aren't showing up for an app I'm working on even though I have logLevel set to 99 in framework_config.json. (EDIT: this is still happening even on stock voltages)

Has anyone else experienced these or other weird issues?

Looks like I may have to lay off this "undervolting" thing for now...
    Last edited by dsevil; 10/06/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    I have had the system and sms sound issue being "clipped".
    I found in general that my Pre (-) was not a fan of even slight undervolting and in any event, the battery savings were negligible.

As such, I reverted to the stock voltages that "arrived" with the particular kernel.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I'm not sure if this is an undervolting issue.

A few days after upgrading to 1.4.5 (vzw pre plus, overclocked to screenstate 500-1000), my pre rebooted spontaneously while I was swiping between launcher pages.

upon restart, everything seemed back to normal. but when I opened preware, I received the welcome message, same with govnah. I opened my calender, and was asked to select from my previously added calender accounts. when I opened MyQ netflix, the app catalog, webOS roundup app, tweed and spaz, facebook, auctionmate, and a few other apps, I was prompted to re-enter my logon info.

not sure exactly why this happened-

but it happened weeks ago and has recurred since.

I undervolted this past week, and everythings been ok...
    JUST had a random reboot while swiping pages in the launcher!! DOH!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    My sound issues *may* have something to do with the classic "device thinks you still have headphones plugged in" issue, and I'm still experiencing the issue with logs even after I've reverted to stock voltages.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.