1.    #1  
    just to be sure the uber kernel 1ghz overclock is in preware correct? that's the first thing im loading when my pre gets here.
    Yep! It's a stable one, or as stable as they get, anyway. There is always some risk involved. Install Preware and it'll be in there, under kernels.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    uberkernel is the name , but you will need to install govnah in order to use it . so you need to read up on how to use it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    uberkernel is the name , but you will need to install govnah in order to use it . so you need to read up on how to use it .
    got a link to that so i can do some reading ahead of time?

never mind i found it, it's an app to accomplish the overclock. i take it i have to set my own setting then? any good guides on how to do this?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    just to be sure the uber kernel 1ghz overclock is in preware correct? that's the first thing im loading when my pre gets here.
    Correct... Everything you'll need to modify your phone is in preware. Enjoy! :-D
    there are some settings already fixed up just pick your choice. i use the 500/1000 setting but if i was you i would start with the 500/800 setting in the begining just to let the processor accimilate to the higher clocking.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    there are some settings already fixed up just pick your choice. i use the 500/1000 setting but if i was you i would start with the 500/800 setting in the begining just to let the processor accimilate to the higher clocking.
    yup, you do this breaking in procedure when doing a major overclock on a desktop/gaming rig as well
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    According to unipsyco there is no such thing as a break in on a solid state device.

If your device cant handle 1ghz the very first day then no amount of "Break In" will change that.

Im rocking 1.2ghz for over a month now w/o a single hiccup. And Im a POWER USER!
    At least 1hr a day on the phone, 50+ texts a day(4 teen daughters) an hour or so on the net, + gps and Angry birds for at least an hour a day.

I say go for 1.2 an see if it will handle it, If not backoff to 1ghz. From my reading on here it looks like about 80+% can handle 1ghz. 100% will be able to handle 800mhz, And less than 10% can handle 1.2ghz.

Again there is no break in, Your pre can handle it or it cant. You wont know until you try.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

<<Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #12  
    im starting off with 500/800 the only thing that lacks is the ability to have these settings stick after reboot? is that a feature we can expect in the future?