Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey guys. I went from using the F105 thundercheif kernel to this kernel. I've already noticed a great increase in battery life! And it also feels alot snappier in my opinion. But sometimes the fun things in life are also dangerous. Lol is this kernel as stable as the thundercheif kernel? Or is it about the same? Please let me know, I'm loving this. thank you.
    Hope it comes to preware soon
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    it's in preware! But you have to addd it as a custom feed.
    Haven't tried it and hopefully someone else testing posts some info and gives insight on their new/old innovation. What have you noticed, anything crashing app wise or during something specific (Calendar, Phone, etc)?

Thanks for the feedback, Sorli...
  5.    #5  
    it's seriously been running great so far. No problems at all. My phone stays around 28-35 C. Better than any other kernel I've tried. This one seems to be running at 1.1ghz. My pp+ can't handle the 1.2ghz kernel so this is the closest I'll get I've had no problems with apps crashing at all, most apps don't even load they just pop up! It's really fast. So far no problems at alll, I'm hoping it stays that way.
    Awesome im gonna give it a shot. I had the f105 on my original p+ but it crashed so I got a new one through insurance, but this one couldnt handle the 1.2 speeds. Was using uberkernal but it ran hot and the battery life wasnt that great but it was stable. I am convinced to run the f104 based on your review.

thanks.
  7.    #7  
    oh yeah, the battery life was a huge improvement for me! I'm so happy I tried this one out.
    sweet, what do you run it at? screen state,???
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    it's in preware! But you have to addd it as a custom feed.
    And how do you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    And how do you do that?
    +1 I am confused too.
    I love homebrew!

Palm Pre Plus from VZW
    -Overclocked
    -Some Emulators
    -Patches
    --5x4 icon V2
    --Battery Icon and Percent
    --Email Confirm/Delete
    --Enable Landscape Email
    --Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device
    --iPhone style for Texting
    --Match State to Area Code
    --Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    --Video Camera Flashlight
    --Virtual Keyboard
    -Numerous Apps

v 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    To the OP:

My Pre cant handle 1.2Ghz either So i used 104 for a while... However for me it killed my battery :S At the rate of 11% per hour compared to Thunderchief (which i am using now) which drains at about 2% and hour... I dont know why 104 did that to me... And if its working good for you great! Because of this post I think I will try out 104 Again just to see if it drains fast again! haha

My older pre used to be able to get 1.2Ghz without any problems... I miss 1.2Ghz and this 1.1 is the closest we can get haha.

For the complete rules and instructions for accessing the testing feeds, please go to:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/28/2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Substituted link to WebOS Internals instructions and rules
    Would also like too know what settings you are using in Govnah or is 104a all automatic (once installed you are set to go)? Thanks Sorli...
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Been using Starfighter for weeks now and have had no issues. Was running TChief but switched to get the 1.1Ghz.

Sprint Pre
    Screenstate: 500mhz / 1.1Ghz
    Compcache: 32MB
    VDD1 VSEL = 74 71 65 54 41 39 36
  15.    #15  
    ok my settings in govnah are screen off 250mhz and screen on 1.1mhz. It's not by default you could change it to anything you want. And by adding a custom feed in preware this is what you do

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Last edited by palml0ver; 09/28/2010 at 09:29 AM.
    ok my settings in govnah are screen off 250mhz and screen on 1.1mhz.
    Some phones will not "like" the 250mhz "off" setting and become laggy when trying to "wake up".

I had experience some of this even @ 400mhz; and setting @ 250mhz does not always save battery life.

But, YMMV as each phone is different.
    ok my settings in govnah are screen off 250mhz and screen on 1.1mhz. It's not by default you could change it to anything you want. And by adding a custom feed in preware this is what you do
    Could you please remove those instructiobs and just link to the proper page that is posted 3 posts above yours. Given out instructions like that can be counter productive.

Pip
  18.    #18  
    yes sir.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Trying this kernel now. Love the speed but MAN is it burning thru my battery! 10% an hour...
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    With a touchstone @ work, home and in car...battery burnout was not necessarily a consideration for me. You ***might*** get some battery life improvement by adjusting voltages but I personally don't think it makes any real difference.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast