Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    are you talking cpu or system? when dropping my cpu i never get the dots i just get a freeze that requires a battery pull.
    I'm talking about the CPU. After you adjust the values and are back on the CPU settings page, apply the settings. At this point if the value is starting to get too low you will see black dots, but if the value is way too low it will freeze and require a battery pull. I would make a note on what number made it freeze and make sure I didn't go that low the next time after it rebooted. So after you figure out what value is too low, start above that voltage and go up by 1 ie 48, 49, 50 until the black dots are gone (if they are there) or visa versa go down by 1 (starting a few voltages above where it froze the time before) until the black dots appear. After they show up raise it by one until they're gone. Then you'll be at your lowest best value.

I hope I wrote this in a way that makes a little more sense.

My voltages on my dying Pre are 65,58,52,48,47... They aren't as low as they used to be with v1 screenstate but still does decent for battery life.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 04/13/2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I followed the steps from the webos internal Wiki several times and have not been able to install this kernal I get an error in preware

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    did you try and run the palm recovery kernel first, restart and then try to install it? are u sure your feeds are correct and pulling the correct version for your OS.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I did not do recovery first I have uberkernal installed. I don't even get the option to install the f104

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    then you need to first enable the kernel testing feeds. just search and follow the wiki. make sure to read all of the warning. you are taking on a lot by going to them but boy is it worth it. :-)
    I installed this today, replacing the AV8B. My verizon pre+ locked up after an hour or two. Pulled battery and phone locked up again after a while. Uninstalled F104a and installed the reference kernel. Then installed 104a again and phone locked up after a couple of hours. Have to pull the battery each time. My phone has run SR71 in the past. I am using the default settings. I'd be willing to try any voltage changes or tests if someone want.
    Ok, sorry for the false alarm. Something else is wrong with my Pre as it is locking up even after I uninstalled F104a and re-installed the reference kernel. Not sure what's going on as my screen is flashing a bit, especially while loading Preware. Anyhow, the F104a was doing great when it was installed!
    damn, just installed this one 2 of my pre pluses. works great on one. the other it keeps looping the startup script and wont boot. ideas?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456