Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    +1

    Exactly the same problem. Pre- upgraded to 2.1 UberKernel running. Screenstate 500/1000 running quite well, but still some problems - sometimes it freezes for a while (some 10 or 20 seconds) and thern works again. I wanted to test F104. When unistalling UK with Preware, boot logo loop occurs. Memboot does not work. I'm going to doctor to 2.1. I wish it works!
    Not sure if it would have helped or not, but i might try what i posted here: F104a starfighter kernel - Page 4 - PreCentral Forums before upgrading to F104a to avoid the above problem.

    Personally i've seen really weird behavior from my phone when switching profiles in Govnah. Things like compcache being disabled after rebooting, loading the total wrong freqency (125) and then crashing... no good.
  2. #82  
    Is anyone else seeing their load averages skyrocket while using F104a with the screen off (as seen by Govnah, or top, i suppose)?

    It seems to correspond with extremely low battery current draw. I've seen load averages as high as the 50's! Just want to make sure i shouldn't be getting worried...
  3. #83  
    have you played around with the cpu freqeuncies at all. i got better load times by decreasing at 1.1 and i am playing with battery numbers by playing with 500.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Is anyone else seeing their load averages skyrocket while using F104a with the screen off (as seen by Govnah, or top, i suppose)?

    It seems to correspond with extremely low battery current draw. I've seen load averages as high as the 50's! Just want to make sure i shouldn't be getting worried...
    TOP from a off device usb connected terminal is the better choice. Govnah doesn't log data when the screen is off from what Rod says.
  5. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    TOP from a off device usb connected terminal is the better choice. Govnah doesn't log data when the screen is off from what Rod says.
    I don't think Govnah is logging the load data. If I've read correctly, Linux logs this data - Govnah just retrieves and displays it, so it should be accurate whether you keep Govnah running or not. The three numbers you see are avearge loads from the past 1, 5, and 15 minute intervals.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I don't think Govnah is logging the load data. If I've read correctly, Linux logs this data - Govnah just retrieves and displays it, so it should be accurate whether you keep Govnah running or not. The three numbers you see are avearge loads from the past 1, 5, and 15 minute intervals.
    Doh!

    Of course. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the reminder.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    have you played around with the cpu freqeuncies at all. i got better load times by decreasing at 1.1 and i am playing with battery numbers by playing with 500.
    Can you describe your voltage changing procedure better? I was working with voltages last night and was doing the following:
    For a given voltage play music for ~10 minutes, screenshot the load averages & battery draw
    Play Angry Birds for ~5 minutes, screenshot the same as above.

    My assumption was that music playing is pretty low draw, and should be a good indication that the voltage will perform well with a low load. Angry birds is a higher load, so that will show stability issues at that end.


    One other thing i'm curious about, is the testing method for determining the best system voltage (VDD2). Do i just change it until my touchscreen quits responding well?
  8. #88  
    honestly i am no expert in testing this. i just drop them down 2 settings and then run a few things. load preware feeds and play angrbirds, send a text and use forums. and see how they react. now i just have 1.1 ghz at 70 and 500 at 39. just trying it for a while to see in normal use. its easy enough to change on the fly. so far so good though.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    honestly i am no expert in testing this. i just drop them down 2 settings and then run a few things. load preware feeds and play angrbirds, send a text and use forums. and see how they react. now i just have 1.1 ghz at 70 and 500 at 39. just trying it for a while to see in normal use. its easy enough to change on the fly. so far so good though.
    What do you mean by "see how they react"? what specifically are you looking at?
  10. #90  
    just overall functionality. how it feels compared to the other settings. lag, load time, battery all that. in the end it is all phone and user specific. so if it works for you thats all that matters i dont pay attention much to the load values in govnah. just how it feels to use for me.
  11. #91  
    Here is something that I do when I change my voltages. I move it down a notch, apply the settings then go back to the voltages and repeat. I do this until the screen, after you apply the settings, starts to show tiny black dots all over. I then know that the voltage I just set was too low and I raise it accordingly. Hope this helps you out man.
  12. #92  
    so you dont apply any load to it? once you get to the black spot voltage and bump it up one or two accordingly everything runs fine for you? pdk games, preware loading ect?
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Here is something that I do when I change my voltages. I move it down a notch, apply the settings then go back to the voltages and repeat. I do this until the screen, after you apply the settings, starts to show tiny black dots all over. I then know that the voltage I just set was too low and I raise it accordingly. Hope this helps you out man.
    That is similar to the advice on the WebosWorld blog from the other day too.

    Can you say better what you mean by "raise it accordingly"? do you raise it one notch? two? five? how to you tell?
  14. #94  
    well mine never gets black spots but bringing 1.1ghz down to 60 locks it up every time. so i will try 62 for a while and see how that does for me. in ever right up i have seen going up or down by two seems to be the norm. if you use govnah in normal mode it only lets you decrease by 1 or 2 anyway unless you go into manual edit mode.

    edit 62 just locked up, went to 66 just to be safe and so far so good. just went down a little on the 500mhz to 39. dont want to start missing calls and i have sports live that runs too. a little harder to test that one unless it is on a charger i guess.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/12/2011 at 05:09 PM.
  15. #95  
    I use this kernel for my phone but when i go to govnah it will show 1.1ghz overclock but quickly go back to 500mhz. is this normal?
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboi1994 View Post
    I use this kernel for my phone but when i go to govnah it will show 1.1ghz overclock but quickly go back to 500mhz. is this normal?
    Yes. The default F104a profile uses an ondemand governor, which means taht it changes your processor frequency between a minimum of 500mhz and a maximum of 1.1ghz. If you play a heavy CPU app, like angry birds, or other PDK apps, it will likely sit at 1.1, or it may drop to 900 or 800.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    well mine never gets black spots but bringing 1.1ghz down to 60 locks it up every time. so i will try 62 for a while and see how that does for me. in ever right up i have seen going up or down by two seems to be the norm. if you use govnah in normal mode it only lets you decrease by 1 or 2 anyway unless you go into manual edit mode.

    edit 62 just locked up, went to 66 just to be safe and so far so good. just went down a little on the 500mhz to 39. dont want to start missing calls and i have sports live that runs too. a little harder to test that one unless it is on a charger i guess.
    I guess the issue i have with the subjective approach is its hard to say exactly what has changed. I've read folks reporting that they increased the voltage and got better battery life and performance... dropping the voltage is like lugging an engine (i think), it makes the engine work much harder, and isn't good for it. You may notice that it doesn't perform very well, but you may not.
  18. #98  
    Just found this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2840167. Seems to indicate that running SSv2 with low voltages is not the best approach.

    I'm going to cease and desist posting about F104 in this thread, read the entire F104a/F105/SR71 thread and post there instead.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Here is something that I do when I change my voltages. I move it down a notch, apply the settings then go back to the voltages and repeat. I do this until the screen, after you apply the settings, starts to show tiny black dots all over. I then know that the voltage I just set was too low and I raise it accordingly. Hope this helps you out man.
    are you talking cpu or system? when dropping my cpu i never get the dots i just get a freeze that requires a battery pull.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Here is something that I do when I change my voltages. I move it down a notch, apply the settings then go back to the voltages and repeat. I do this until the screen, after you apply the settings, starts to show tiny black dots all over. I then know that the voltage I just set was too low and I raise it accordingly. Hope this helps you out man.
    are you talking cpu or system? when dropping my cpu i never get the dots i just get a freeze that requires a battery pull.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions