Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    +1 i can't find it in preware either, and i added the testing feeds.

running metadoctor'd 2.1.0 with uberkernel.

can someone give some more info please?
    testing feeds does not include the kernel testing feeds. did you add both?
    So when modifying voltage settings, the recommended procedure is to take it down as far as it'll go before it freezes your screen in order to get the best battery life? Jw, because I can't really say I've seen the stellar battery life others have talked about with screenstate-v2....I expect it to drain a lot during usage, but one person's article said that had 0% drain in 6 hours of letting it sit. I've let it sit for 1 hour and the drain was about 4% in a good service area...overnight in a roaming area, it was about 10% for 6 hours.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    So when modifying voltage settings, the recommended procedure is to take it down as far as it'll go before it freezes your screen in order to get the best battery life? Jw, because I can't really say I've seen the stellar battery life others have talked about with screenstate-v2....I expect it to drain a lot during usage, but one person's article said that had 0% drain in 6 hours of letting it sit. I've let it sit for 1 hour and the drain was about 4% in a good service area...overnight in a roaming area, it was about 10% for 6 hours.
    I'd like to see some more details on various kernel's use of lowered voltages - I haven't found a lot of condensed info on this. For that matter I haven't found a good thread that details all of the kernels (including testing) in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    ok so i added "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7" to my custom feeds and reload preware.. and i can find this kernal.. what did i do wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    I cannot see F104 kernel in Preware. I have already activated the webos-testing-all & webos-testing-armv7 feeds. Is this kernel now in a different feed?

I want to test it, since my Pre(-) upgraded to WebOS 2.1 at Screenstate 250/1000 with uberkernel is a bit unstable. I have to restart it four or five times a day, normally after hanging up a call or when using the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    testing feeds does not include the kernel testing feeds. did you add both?
    You need to read this over, in full, top to bottom. It will explain how and where to find what you are looking for.

This is the first time I've strayed away from Uberkernel SS 1000/500. Currently F104a SS1.1/250 and ummmm wow. Thanks Unixpsycho
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I went to uninstall Uberkernel so I could install the F104 and when I went to reboot after uninstalling UK, the dang thing went into the boot logo loop! I tried memboot with the uImage file, battery pulls, etc. Finally had to doctor to 2.1 again :\
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I went to uninstall Uberkernel so I could install the F104 and when I went to reboot after uninstalling UK, the dang thing went into the boot logo loop! I tried memboot with the uImage file, battery pulls, etc. Finally had to doctor to 2.1 again :\
    I saw your other posts, but didn't know the answer for you. I went the route as you as well with ASASEABAN's script, and also uninstalled the UK, prior to installing the 104, no issues. Good luck is the best I can do for you
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Is there an official thread for F104A or is this it?
    i think tech, the sr-71 and f-105 thread although it is not in the title if you look on the first page does include f-104a as well.
    so how stable is the sr-71 and or f-105 ?? they both look tempting lol , im reading to tap install heh heh
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    F105 is awesome. Rock-solid, no crashes, fast as heck, decent battery life. I find F104A to be nearly the opposite, except for the speed. I have lots of luna restarts on F104A, and Angry Birds Rio keeps closing in mid-game. F105 has shown no such issues. VZW Pre+ 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

This is the first time I've strayed away from Uberkernel SS 1000/500. Currently F104a SS1.1/250 and ummmm wow. Thanks Unixpsycho
    How are you getting 250 with Screenstate v2 on F104a-30? I only have options down to 500mhz, and it wouldn't accept manual input of 250... Are you on 1.4.5?
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/10/2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Alright, well I successfully got F104a installed and my Pre was overheating BIG TIME. I tried a bunch of different settings (screenstate 250/1.1, screenstate2 500/1.1, screenstate 500/900, on demand etc. etc.). I even lowered the voltages on the cpu. With all of them, I was constantly getting above 50C when opening just one app. With many, it would get up to 52 or above. I had to remove and go back to Uberkernel.

EDIT: I'm running 2.1 on a Sprint Pre-

EDIT2: On Uberkernel using screenstate 500/800, I rarely ever get above 45C, even when multitasking a lot with internet, facebook app, bluetooth music going, texting, email app open etc.
    every phone is diff. mine runs very cool at screenstate v2 500/1.1 with f104
    Alright, well I successfully got F104a installed and my Pre was overheating BIG TIME. I tried a bunch of different settings (screenstate 250/1.1, screenstate2 500/1.1, screenstate 500/900, on demand etc. etc.). I even lowered the voltages on the cpu. With all of them, I was constantly getting above 50C when opening just one app. With many, it would get up to 52 or above. I had to remove and go back to Uberkernel.

EDIT2: On Uberkernel using screenstate 500/800, I rarely ever get above 45C, even when multitasking a lot with internet, facebook app, bluetooth music going, texting, email app open etc.
    Did you try Govnah -> Profile -> app menu -> disable profile, reboot, Govnah -> Profiles -> select the profile you want?

I had a temp and memory issue from a previous profile that this cleared.
    +1

Exactly the same problem. Pre- upgraded to 2.1 UberKernel running. Screenstate 500/1000 running quite well, but still some problems - sometimes it freezes for a while (some 10 or 20 seconds) and thern works again. I wanted to test F104. When unistalling UK with Preware, boot logo loop occurs. Memboot does not work. I'm going to doctor to 2.1. I wish it works!
    I lowered the voltages with f104 and my load average went up, so I raised them again and it went down.
    You really do have to find the 'sweet spot'...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    How are you getting 250 with Screenstate v2 on F104a-30? I only have options down to 500mhz, and it wouldn't accept manual input of 250... Are you on 1.4.5?
    I open up Govnah and my first profile option is Screenstate 250/1100 and it wasn't stable anyways, not that it crashed, just it never went up to 1.1GHz
    I ended up having to use Screenstate 2 500/1100. It's possible from my old Govnah settings with UK that these are from those settings, I couldn't get any of them to work either.

I'm not having the bad luck you are, with overheating anyway. I seem to be pretty steady in the 20-30 range with the above profile, and I didn't change any settings/voltages etc. Luck of the draw maybe. (Also Pre- 2.1)
    I have noticed my dialer, it used to get stuck and stutter while dialing even with SS1000/500 UK, no stickiness or lag anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I lowered the voltages with f104 and my load average went up, so I raised them again and it went down.
    You really do have to find the 'sweet spot'...
    Did you disable vdemand before tweaking voltages? Not sure if i need to or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I open up Govnah and my first profile option is Screenstate 250/1100 and it wasn't stable anyways, not that it crashed, just it never went up to 1.1GHz
    I ended up having to use Screenstate 2 500/1100. It's possible from my old Govnah settings with UK that these are from those settings, I couldn't get any of them to work either.
    Those must have been from UK, because F104a doesn't seem to have screenstate, only screenstate v2. I asked UnixPsycho about 250 and he said he would consider putting it into a new release if people want it.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast