Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mine says v 0.7.25 so im behind on govnah?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    mine says v 0.7.25 so im behind on govnah?
    The newest versions are in the testing feed first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    ok i just updated govnah n now it says .27 is there possibility that f104 can make my evdo connection slower?
    ok i just updated govnah n now it says .27 is there possibility that f104 can make my evdo connection slower?
    No... what's your TCP Congestion on?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    well i had AV8 harrier and after going to f104A last night i noticed on my evdo connection it took longer to load, weird. TCP congestion? sorry im sorta new to this but what is that? the more i see this forum the more i learn but definitely TCP is new to me
    I don't think it's related.

In Govnah, go to Profile, Advanced Settings, TCP. It's probably set on westwood. I use veno.
    ok i just changed it to veno and I/O scheduler is on noop. is that more stable? what is tcp congestion? i even see illinois, cubic.. etc... no clue what all thats about it
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have not noticed any slow down. The battery life is off the charts! With my Mugen 2800 full off the charger at 6:30 am by 11:30am with heavy usage I get down to 74% with uberKernel & AV8 Harrier. Now I was only down to 92% I after I saw that I really pushed it as of 5:30 pm I was at 64% this includes checking preware every hour, email 4 accts as arrives, about 12 Video Flood dowonloads, playing Angrybirds & Hawx (during Lunch of Course). demo WebOS power to a few iPhone users. and my regular calendar, notes, caculations, and web searches. I plan on sticking with kernel for a while. BTW mine said 30.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    ok i just changed it to veno and I/O scheduler is on noop. is that more stable? what is tcp congestion? i even see illinois, cubic.. etc... no clue what all thats about it
    Did you push the blue question mark in Govnah and read the help text?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    oh sorry. thanks for telling me. im reading it now. i just took F104 off because my battery was getting too hot. so im going back to harrier which was already fast enough for me anway
    Mine stays at about 30 degrees celcius.
    well what are your settings?
    F104 here too. Pre- with 2.1. Running cool, fast and battery is great. Using the 500/1100 screenstate2 with 32mb compcache.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    and what i/o do u have and tcp? your answer will make me uninstall harrier again and i will do what you have/say. if F104 is that grreat then i should give it a second chance
    I cannot see F104 kernel in Preware. I have already activated the webos-testing-all & webos-testing-armv7 feeds. Is this kernel now in a different feed?

I want to test it, since my Pre(-) upgraded to WebOS 2.1 at Screenstate 250/1000 with uberkernel is a bit unstable. I have to restart it four or five times a day, normally after hanging up a call or when using the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    I cannot see F104 kernel in Preware. I have already activated the webos-testing-all & webos-testing-armv7 feeds. Is this kernel now in a different feed?

I want to test it, since my Pre(-) upgraded to WebOS 2.1 at Screenstate 250/1000 with uberkernel is a bit unstable. I have to restart it four or five times a day, normally after hanging up a call or when using the browser.
    Your problem is 250MHz, use 500MHz minimum instead.

-- Rod
    Guys, any tips on battery life? I'm on a Sprint Pre - 2.1.0 and have seen many reporting stellar battery life. However, that is not the case for myself. On average I am seeing about -500 - 600 ma drain when using my phone and about -150ish ma when idle.. Im not sure about the drain with the screen off (though obviously it is less). I am using the default screenstate v2 governer as well. Is this normal???Thanks
    and what i/o do u have and tcp? your answer will make me uninstall harrier again and i will do what you have/say. if F104 is that grreat then i should give it a second chance
    Anticipatory IO and Veno TCP.
    Your problem is 250MHz, use 500MHz minimum instead.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod . I'll try and see. I hope this does not impact very much in battery life. I am already delighted with the improvement on this with webos 2.1.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Loving this kernel. It's solved all my issues with 2.1 on my Pre-.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast