Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108
  1. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    With a touchstone @ work, home and in car...battery burnout was not necessarily a consideration for me. You ***might*** get some battery life improvement by adjusting voltages but I personally don't think it makes any real difference.
    I hear you. I have TS in all the aforementioned places as well but I do enough field work that some life is necessary. Coming from WM, whenever I'd change a ROM i had to give my device a day or two to "mellow out", could the same be true of changing kernels in WebOS?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  2.    #22  
    okay I noticed that my phone barley has connection anymore. Yesterday I was on wifi all day so I couldn't tell, so I came home and I wasn't connected to wifi and I had only 2-3 bars when normally I have full service always. I don't know if this is a phone issue or if it's due to the kernel.
  3. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    okay I noticed that my phone barley has connection anymore. Yesterday I was on wifi all day so I couldn't tell, so I came home and I wasn't connected to wifi and I had only 2-3 bars when normally I have full service always. I don't know if this is a phone issue or if it's due to the kernel.
    I was at 1x most of the day and thought the same thing. Came home and looked at my wife's Pre (using UK) and she had the same service level. Dont think it's the kernel.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  4. #24  
    Test driving now...noticed my old Screenstate 1000/500 shows 900 consistently so I suspect 104a locks things unless you go custom setting wise.

    Don't really know and what's amazing is the comment previous about posting settings and not simply referencing the link to the webOS Internals pages for more information. Have they read those pages...not very useful in my eyes and I guess I just don't like Wiki interfaces. They have to realize that those reference pages don't say very much for the average joe or webOS user...I guess I think I'm average.

    Either way, I appreciate the insight on the settings you are using and if they don't like it...hmm...maybe they shouldn't call this Precentral FORUM. Sorli...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Test driving now...noticed my old Screenstate 1000/500 shows 900 consistently so I suspect 104a locks things unless you go custom setting wise.


    Because in F104, there is no 1GHZ choice. Only 1.1Ghz or 900mhz. So Govnah is doing exactly what it should: dial down to the next available frequency. F104a is not 'locking' anything.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Because in F104, there is no 1GHZ choice. Only 1.1Ghz or 900mhz. So Govnah is doing exactly what it should: dial down to the next available frequency. F104a is not 'locking' anything.
    MudShark, can you elaborate on this a bit more? I'm running F104a, and Govnah also always reports 900 with the display on (I'll check display off with cpuinfo). But under the Max Freq dropdown, it reads "1000000"--exactly like that, which isn't the way Govnah ever displayed 1GHz before. I do see 1.1 GHz on the menu, but that setting doesn't stick.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    MudShark, can you elaborate on this a bit more? I'm running F104a, and Govnah also always reports 900 with the display on (I'll check display off with cpuinfo). But under the Max Freq dropdown, it reads "1000000"--exactly like that, which isn't the way Govnah ever displayed 1GHz before. I do see 1.1 GHz on the menu, but that setting doesn't stick.
    No problem.
    First: from your comments, you have obviously enabled "manual entry" in the Govnah preferences menu. I do not use that setting (though there is nothing 'wrong' with it).

    Second: assuming that you do NOT have "manual entry" enabled, when you go to advanced settings => cpu frequency =>frequency selection, you will note that the only available frequencies for selection are 1.1Ghz, 900, 800, 700, 500, 400 and 250 mhz respectively.

    As I understand it, not all kernels have the same frequencies 'enabled'. (ex: Thunderchief) So users cannot assume that their prior frequency settings will be available in each kernel. Thunderchief does not allow for anything other than screenstate and offers no frequencies below 500mhz.

    So if you had a setting for the 1Ghz UK; Govnah will not be able to "set" that as 1Ghz is not available as an option. Rather than "increasing" which could be unstable, it is obvious that Govnah downscales to the next closest frequency to your setting.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    No problem.
    First: from your comments, you have obviously enabled "manual entry" in the Govnah preferences menu. I do not use that setting (though there is nothing 'wrong' with it).

    Second: assuming that you do NOT have "manual entry" enabled, when you go to advanced settings => cpu frequency =>frequency selection, you will note that the only available frequencies for selection are 1.1Ghz, 900, 800, 700, 500, 400 and 250 mhz respectively.

    As I understand it, not all kernels have the same frequencies 'enabled'. (ex: Thunderchief) So users cannot assume that their prior frequency settings will be available in each kernel. Thunderchief does not allow for anything other than screenstate and offers no frequencies below 500mhz.

    So if you had a setting for the 1Ghz UK; Govnah will not be able to "set" that as 1Ghz is not available as an option. Rather than "increasing" which could be unstable, it is obvious that Govnah downscales to the next closest frequency to your setting.
    Thanks. I figured out part of my problem--I kept forgetting to hit "Save Settings" because it had scrolled off the screen. Duh.

    Working great now. It would be nice, though, if menu options like freq, etc., could change depending on the installed kernel.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Thanks. I figured out part of my problem--I kept forgetting to hit "Save Settings" because it had scrolled off the screen. Duh.

    Working great now. It would be nice, though, if menu options like freq, etc., could change depending on the installed kernel.
    Well the options do change...one has to look though at the available choices.
    It would defeat the purpose of profiles if Govnah decided for you what settings and frequencies you wanted!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  10. #30  
    Thanks for the feedback and I have mine set to your reference above and it seems pretty stable.

    Can someone clarify what I/O Schedular and TCP Congestion defaulting to CFQ and Westwood respectively? Thanks, Sorli...
  11. #31  
    I have been using the F104a for 3 weeks and it is very stable with no crashes or resets and the battery life has been very good. I did manually change a few things in Govnah. The CPU Frequency I changed to performance. The min freq 250 and the max 1.1 in the override parameters I have 62 65 65 54 41 30 28
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Test driving now...noticed my old Screenstate 1000/500 shows 900 consistently so I suspect 104a locks things unless you go custom setting wise.

    Don't really know and what's amazing is the comment previous about posting settings and not simply referencing the link to the webOS Internals pages for more information. Have they read those pages...not very useful in my eyes and I guess I just don't like Wiki interfaces. They have to realize that those reference pages don't say very much for the average joe or webOS user...I guess I think I'm average.

    Either way, I appreciate the insight on the settings you are using and if they don't like it...hmm...maybe they shouldn't call this Precentral FORUM. Sorli...
    I think "pip smith" makes a good point in his brief request on posting a link...I think it's a great idea that people that are new at OC should no be given a shortcut by discussion on random settings and how-to's until reading the wiki and understanding thoroughly what they are doing as well as the possible risks involved...
  13. #33  
    ok so i added "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7" to my custom feeds and reload preware.. and i can find this kernal.. what did i do wrong?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linza View Post
    I have been using the F104a for 3 weeks and it is very stable with no crashes or resets and the battery life has been very good. I did manually change a few things in Govnah. The CPU Frequency I changed to performance. The min freq 250 and the max 1.1 in the override parameters I have 62 65 65 54 41 30 28
    Tried your settings and my unit rebooted, so I'm sticking with my original Screenstate settings that have been fine for two weeks. Need more time and should do some more research. Thanks anyways for the insight and I'm sure I missed something. Sorli...
  15. #35  
    I now agree running into to many problems trying other peoples setting unsuccessfully, but then maybe the experts can post suggestions?

    Update - found an excellent article on Know Your Overclocking Options: Voltage Tweaking Special | webOSroundup that may help many here still with question or simply more clarification. Love concise info and thanks webOSroundup! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 10/03/2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: webOSroundup link with more info on overclocking
  16. #36  
    Yeah, I know this is an old thread and an old kernel. But I just wondered if anyone else is still using this one.

    I have tried some of the others, but the speed has me addicted. My Pre doesn't work with SR71 so 1.1ghz is my limit. I use screenstate and lowered the voltage a bit for 1.1. Battery life is excellent (as good as you can expect on an overclocked Pre, ha-ha).
  17. #37  
    good questions? Is this going to get VDEMAND?
  18. #38  
    I have been using this kernel for several months and it has proven to be the fastest one for my phone as well as being very stable. No sudden crashes or reboots. I am running it at 1.1 and 400 using screenstate, deadline and westwood settings in Govnah. Sr71 was never stable for me and the crashes it had caused major problems. Very happy with F104.
  19. #39  
    anyone else use this? what are the recommended settings for the f104A?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    anyone else use this? what are the recommended settings for the f104A?
    Govnah 0.7.27 in the testing feed has two predefined profiles for F104A. I'd start with those.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions