Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 1.4.5 pre that has a broken screen so i cant do anything with preware but i have full access to quick install and the pre keyboard.
    What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a way to install uberkernel on my pre so the i can enjoy the benefits of connecting it to my Xbox? (since i cant really use it for anything else.)
    how does uberkernel help your xbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe one of the webos-internals crew ported the xbox patch into uberkernel. Don't really know the specifics since I'm a ps3 man myself.

OP, I think you can get UK through quick install, though it is not the recommended install method, plus you would have to remember to restart your pre after install.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    X2
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

what is x2 2sslow ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Have you tried replacing the phone, if the screen is broken where you can't see to install preware, then how are you going to operate govnah settings. Anyway, as pip smith suggested try using webosQI.

good luck.~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Have you tried replacing the phone, if the screen is broken where you can't see to install preware, then how are you going to operate govnah settings. Anyway, as pip smith suggested try using webosQI.

good luck.~
    This raises a valid point, if you even manage to get UK installed then you may need to access govnah in order to enable the xbox functionality(Not sure if that is the case), but if so you will need a useable touchscreen.

Pip
  8.    #8  

good luck.~
    Yeah, I replaced the phone with an Epic 4g and because it still has some functionality i want to get the most use out of it instead of throwing it in the trash
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    OP, I think you can get UK through quick install, though it is not the recommended install method, plus you would have to remember to restart your pre after install.

Pip
    I checked in all the feeds that are default with Quick Install and didn't see any kernel stuff. Is there possibly a package i can download from the internet? I checked the Internals website but I might not have searched enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludaphi215 View Post
    I checked in all the feeds that are default with Quick Install and didn't see any kernel stuff. Is there possibly a package i can download from the internet? I checked the Internals website but I might not have searched enough.
    I haven't use webosQI for a long time, but I don't think it's possible to download uberkernal the same way you do a patch. Your best bet for getting uberkernal is through preware. So, you're saying you can't see anything on your screen? If so, why even bother getting uberkernal then.
  11.    #11  
    I haven't use webosQI for a long time, but I don't think it's possible to download uberkernal the same way you do a patch. Your best bet for getting uberkernal is through preware. So, you're saying you can't see anything on your screen? If so, why even bother getting uberkernal then.
    I bother because i don't wanna just throw something in the trash that still has some use (as a usb drive). Plus asking others usually helps even if i don't find the answer I'm looking for.

If i can find a way to install uberkernel, the patch to make xbox recognize my pre will most likely be automatic so i wont need my screen.
    if he only needs the patch, he may be able to run without govnah.
  13.    #13  
    @shadavis08 since your a forum leader would you be able to lead me in the right direction?
    I bother because i don't wanna just throw something in the trash that still has some use (as a usb drive). Plus asking others usually helps even if i don't find the answer I'm looking for.

If i can find a way to install uberkernel, the patch to make xbox recognize my pre will most likely be automatic so i wont need my screen.
    If you're using it as a USB drive you don't need UberKernel. Just at the home screen press Orange + Sym + U.

Don't quite understanding the purpose of installing UberKernel if you can't use the devices to run apps anyways.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you're using it as a USB drive you don't need UberKernel. Just at the home screen press Orange + Sym + U.
    Xbox doesn't recognize a stock palm pre as a storage device. As Error454 points out in detail it has to do with the actual code that the pre uses to send a signal telling the xbox that it is a usb device. The newest uberkernel comes with the patch to fix the problem but my problem is not how to use it as a usb, but how to install the uberkernal, so that i can use the usb with my xbox, with a broken screen and without preware
    Xbox doesn't recognize a stock palm pre as a storage device. As Error454 points out in detail it has to do with the actual code that the pre uses to send a signal telling the xbox that it is a usb device. The newest uberkernel comes with the patch to fix the problem but my problem is not how to use it as a usb, but how to install the uberkernal, so that i can use the usb with my xbox, with a broken screen and without preware
    I believe you can add feeds to wosqi, try adding this feed and UK should be in there:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5 (Really not sure if that will work though)
    Alternatively you need to find the ipk for it.

Pip
    You can download the uberkernel ipk and use wosqi to instal it.

The xbox modifications to the kernel are enabled by default, so you don't need to run Govnah.

-- Rod
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I believe you can add feeds to wosqi, try adding this feed and UK should be in there:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5 (Really not sure if that will work though)
    Alternatively you need to find the ipk for it.

Pip
    Ok so I've found the UK 1.4.5_92 ipk in preware's index of feeds, downloaded it, and through WosQI installed it. on my computer when i activate usb i can see the contents of the pre's drive but when I connect it to my Xbox i still can't see it. Is this a lost hope? Is there something I may have done wrong? did i get the right UK?
    You need the testing version of UberKernel.

Install the Palm recovery kernel with wosqi first.

-- Rod
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need the testing version of UberKernel.

Install the Palm recovery kernel with wosqi first.

-- Rod
    this is the ipk i got from the

''Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5/''

org.webosinternals.kernels.palm-kernel-pre_1.4.5-9_arm.ipk

Is this the correct recovery file?

Will the ipk to install then be in

"Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.5/"

as

org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre_1.4.5-113_arm.ipk

I just want to make sure. 113 looks like the newest one and the patch was just added
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast