Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    So, Uber Kernel is great and so is Govnah, but I have one issue.

    You see, I use my Pre with a car mounted touchstone.

    I use Navit for GPS navigation, Music Remix 2.0 for listening to tunes with bluetooth stereo through my cars stereo, Trapster for looking out for police traps and Google Maps to look at the traffic, all open at the same time.

    The issue is I also run a lot of polling and have Facebook Chat patch enabled.

    So my phone has a lot of work on its hands.

    The issue: the newest govnah and Uber Kernel throttle the Pre down to 500mhz when on the touchstone.

    Obviously, with this much running, at 500mhz my phone stutters, lags and just has a hell of a hard time getting anything done. The bluetooth often disconnects and cuts out, Navit stops reporting my location, and Google Maps takes forever to respond.

    Is there any way for me to disable the touchstone throttling? I cool my phone and touchstone by mounting it on my vent and cranking the A/C only through that vent. Overheating is not an issue.

    PS: I cant do it with Mode Switcher, because there is no mode in Govnah to begin with to take off touchstone throttling.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    just don't use the "screenstate" setting, use the "performance" setting instead.
  3. #3  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    just don't use the "screenstate" setting, use the "performance" setting instead.
    Oh I didn't know that it was only enabled in the screenstate mode, thanks!

    ..so I guess I can create a new Mode Switcher that says "when the Phone is on touchstone, switch to "preformance mode"

    Sweet, thanks!
  5. #5  
    Govnah allows you to disable the touchstone "throttling" as you call it.
    Govnah 0.6.9 -> go to advanced settings -> CPU frequency
    Scroll down and change the "override charger" to "true".

    Now it will not scale down.
  6. #6  
    You can keep screenstate if you want too b/c as I understand it, the scale down is a fail safe across ALL governors to prevent overheating.
  7.    #7  
    btw... I have another question.

    I have a touchstone for at home too. I dont really need the phone to overclock when its on that. Is there any way to make the phone recognize the difference between touchstones? Or is their no logical association, the phone just knows its getting power from the touchstone back and that is that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Govnah allows you to disable the touchstone "throttling" as you call it.
    Govnah 0.6.9 -> go to advanced settings -> CPU frequency
    Scroll down and change the "override charger" to "true".

    Now it will not scale down.

    This is EVEN BETTER thanks!

    What I will do is just create a Mode Switcher state that when certian apps are open AND on the touchstone (google maps, Music Remix etc) THEN the touchstone screen will stay on, and since it is set to screenstate mode, the phone will overclock only on the touchstone in my car.

    Then, when I charge my phone at home on my touchstone, the screen will turn off, therefore throttling down to stock speeds, and there will be more unnecessary heating of my CPU, thus shortening its lifespan unnecessarily...

    PERFECT!!
  9. #9  
    if you have mode switcher and a wifi network at home you can set that as a trigger and have modeswitcher change your governor settings to default.
  10.    #10  
    Oh, I have Govnah 0.6.7, how do I update to 0.6.9?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    if you have mode switcher and a wifi network at home you can set that as a trigger and have modeswitcher change your governor settings to default.
    Thats a good idea too!

    That actually solves another issue, that I set the phones brightness to 100% when on my touchstone in my car (because I wear sunglasses while driving and cant see a damn thing on my phone), but it would also do this at home, and since I have my phone in my bedroom, whenever I got a text or something, my phone would light up the entire freaking room.

    Damn we are smart.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Oh, I have Govnah 0.6.7, how do I update to 0.6.9?
    I see its in Preware today...what are the odds of me asking this when an update is rolled out the day I need it.

    This is a good day lol.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I see its in Preware today...what are the odds of me asking this when an update is rolled out the day I need it.

    This is a good day lol.
    It was actually in recent older versions of Govnah as well. Its just more obvious now.
  14.    #14  
    Actually, I just updated to 0.6.9 and I do not have that feature in it?

    There is no feature under CPU Frequency called "override charger"
  15. #15  
    I am looking at it right now.
    At the bottom of the section in CPU Frequency called "override parameters" there is a toggle.

    It also could be that your version of Uber is not as updated or current.
    Personally, I use the Starfighter kernel.

    EDIT: It also may be that the current "stable" UberK does not support this feature which is why it would not show in Govnah.
  16. #16  
    From the maestro Rod Whitby!!
    UberKernel 1.4.x-112 for the Palm Pre and Pre+ is now in the kernel testing feed ( Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ).

    It includes all the lastest features that have graduated from experimental testing in the F10x and SR71 series of kernels, plus a new patch for XBox360 usb mass storage compatibility.

    Ability to control core voltages at each frequency
    Ability to override screenstate charger frequency limiter
    New configurable frequency limiter based on percentage battery remaining
    Reduced default 1GHz voltage to save power, based on F105 testing results
    USB mass storage patch for XBox360 compatibility

    User-friendly Govnah support for the new features will be released over the next several days.

    Unfortunately, none of the new features (except perhaps the USB mass storage patch) can be implemented on the Palm Pixi or Pixi+ due to the proprietary undocumented clocking architecture used on those devices.

    -- Rod
  17.    #17  
    I used to use F104 but I was having issues with screenstate 125mhz-600mhz, when it would scale the CPU down and waking up. So I switched to UberK.

    Yeah I remember that setting being there, and now it isnt...its not enabled in UberK.

    Its ok, I just turned the Mode for Touchstone Car into a By Selection to enable, so when I put it on my touchstone at home, I just dont select the mode and it doesnt apply all the things I want it to do in my car

    Not as 'automated', but I dont mind because I am always sitting infront of my Pre when I am in my car, so I dont mind hitting a button.

    PS: I now have it so when I hit the button in my car, all the apps open up I want: "Navit, MP3 Remix 2.0, Google Maps and Trapster"

    Its actually better to have the "By Selection" because there are times when I just want to charge my Pre in the car and not have these apps open.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I used to use F104 but I was having issues with screenstate 125mhz-600mhz, when it would scale the CPU down and waking up. So I switched to UberK.

    Yeah I remember that setting being there, and now it isnt...its not enabled in UberK.

    Its ok, I just turned the Mode for Touchstone Car into a By Selection to enable, so when I put it on my touchstone at home, I just dont select the mode and it doesnt apply all the things I want it to do in my car

    Not as 'automated', but I dont mind because I am always sitting infront of my Pre when I am in my car, so I dont mind hitting a button.

    PS: I now have it so when I hit the button in my car, all the apps open up I want: "Navit, MP3 Remix 2.0, Google Maps and Trapster"

    Its actually better to have the "By Selection" because there are times when I just want to charge my Pre in the car and not have these apps open.
    Did you see my above post quoting Rod? There is an UberK with this option.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    From the maestro Rod Whitby!!
    So wait, I am confused...does this mean that those features will be released into the UberK testing feed over the next couple of days?

    Because if so, sweeeet!

    Thanks.
  20. #20  
    No that kernel is in the feed right now...I am looking at it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions