1.    #1  
    I just installed the 1.4.5 update today on my Pre Plus (AT&T), and since then Govnah isn't working. The app will run it just won't change any of the settings when I try to. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I updated UberKernal and whatnot...still no luck.
    I heard somethin about this a while back try doin a search..

good luck
    Had the same problem. I rebooted like 3 times since yesterdays update and forgot about it. Then, about an hour ago it just started working. Just have faith, use the force, ya know?

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I had the same problem, but fixed it. Try to reinstall uberkernal and do a luna restart. That's what worked for me.
    I am having he same problem and so far haven't been able to correct it. I think I have an older version of govnah and preware doesn't display to newer version to update / install it.

ET
    Have you updated your feeds in Preware since you updated to 1.4.5 ? Make sure of that first

Uninstall Govnah
    Uninstall Uberkernel
    Install Uberkernel
    Install Govnah
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Had the same problem. I uninstalled Govnah and Uberkernel, and it fixed the issue.
    I installed Govnah and Uberkernel on my phone (in that order). While reading this thread, someone listed installing Uberkernal first them Govnah. Does it make a difference which app gets loaded forst for maximum benefit? Thanks in advance for the help.
    <<Thread Moved>>

Look in the Govnah thread for expert help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guy, I got it working. I uninstalled both...then did a phone restart. Installed UberKernal and restarted Luna on prompt, then installed Govnah and it worked. The miracle of re-installation =)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
    I had the same problem, but fixed it. Try to reinstall uberkernal and do a luna restart. That's what worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterGambrell View Post
    Thanks guy, I got it working. I uninstalled both...then did a phone restart. Installed UberKernal and restarted Luna on prompt, then installed Govnah and it worked. The miracle of re-installation =)
    A Luna restart is not sufficient to enable a new kernel.

Changing kernels requires a complete device reboot.

When Preware installs UberKernel, it prompts you to do a full device reboot. You should always select "Yes" at that point.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    For whatever reason, it seems to work for me after a full shutdown and restart. just having the kernel request a full restart doesn't work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    For whatever reason, it seems to work for me after a full shutdown and restart. just having the kernel request a full restart doesn't work for me
    Make sure you're seeing a Device Reboot request from Preware, as opposed to the Luna Restart request which comes from patches, or the Java Restart request which comes from some old Java services. Only the first one works for kernels.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Make sure you're seeing a Device Reboot request from Preware, as opposed to the Luna Restart request which comes from patches, or the Java Restart request which comes from some old Java services. Only the first one works for kernels.

-- Rod
    Yeah, it's a device reboot. I get it working, I just have to rememeber