1.    #1  
    after finally getting my pre back to its old self with govnah and these new kernels.. i am wondering what is the best for battery life? i know when i sued to run 800 mhz it would actualy make my battery life BETTER than the stock speed... but does running it at 1 ghz cause more drain or is it better for the life?
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    after finally getting my pre back to its old self with govnah and these new kernels.. i am wondering what is the best for battery life? i know when i sued to run 800 mhz it would actualy make my battery life BETTER than the stock speed... but does running it at 1 ghz cause more drain or is it better for the life?
    It's all about the voltage. With some of the test kernels (and if you have a chuck norris pre) you may be able to run 1ghz at the same voltage you were running for 800mhz
  3.    #3  
    ok... how exactly do i figure that out? if i have a chuck norris pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    ok... how exactly do i figure that out? if i have a chuck norris pre?
    When your phones freezes on installing. (You don't have a Chuck Norris Pre) :-D
    Mine doesn't seem any different on either 800 or 1000 . . .
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    My battery life is pretty good at 800, but at a Gig it seems to really take a hit. I might be able to get a few hours out of it, but not more than that.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    With the latest uber/govnah, I'm able to use screenstate 1Ghz/125Mhz. Because I'm not a super heavy user and my device sits at idle most of the time, this configuration has actually increased my battery life, because I'm running at 125Mhz most of the time instead of 500Mhz.

Even when I do use the phone a lot, I find that wifi vs 3g has a much bigger effect on battery life than 800Mhz vs 1ghz.