Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Also, battery scaleback speed. What do all these things mean please?...I keep seeing them, but im confused as to how to even implement them. Any help will be def appreciated.

Also, TCP Congestion Control - Westwood, Reno, Vegas, Veno, Yeah, Illinois. I would really love to get familiar with these so i can atleast tweak them to my liking.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I was actually thinking the same thing too. I was just waiting for someone else to start this thread. Thanks Jason Black. ^_^

I've tried changing a few settings to see if anything changes, but nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe Rod might care to explain this for us. Haven't heard much from him lately. Mr. Whitby where are you? :-(
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing too. I was just waiting for someone else to start this thread. Thanks Jason Black. ^_^

I've tried changing a few settings to see if anything changes, but nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe Rod might care to explain this for us. Haven't really hearing much from him lately. Mr. Whitby where are you? :-(
    Yah...I always wanted to know too. I keep reading about people adjusting their "voltage" and stuff like that...But i dont see it on govnah.

I think the voltage adjustments are only in the beta versions. As to the rest, I've no clue, either! LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I think the voltage adjustments are only in the beta versions. As to the rest, I've no clue, either! LOL
    i have the testing feed on...I dont see anything concerning voltage.

Sorry, I meant in some beta kernels, not as a separate thing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    VD1 VSEL is the voltage at which you want that particular speed to run at. the first number represents the highest kernel speed (1.005) followed by the second number (900) etc...If you run your govnah on screenstate the only voltages that matter are the ones that are being used (if you have a screenstate of 1.005 max and 500 min then adjusting those two voltages are all that need to be done.

Temp limit is a setting where if your phone reaches that particular degree setting your phone will drop the cpu freq down to a reasonable setting to attempt to cool the phone down.

Temp reset is where once temp limit kicks in your phone will auto adjust back to the desired speed set in max freq. once your phone hits that particular setting.
    For example if you have your temp limit set to 50 C once your cpu reaches that temp it will scale back the cpu until it reaches the temp reset of say 45 C (temp reset), then it will push the cpu back to the max freq setting that you have enabled in govnah (1.005 GHz)

Battery scaleback percent will also set ur freq back once your battery reaches a certain percentage. If u have the battery scaleback percent set to 20 it will scale back the cpu to the speed listed in battery scaleback speed.

Over ride charger (i believe) will keep your phone running at the set govnah speed rather than scale the cpu back to 500 like it is designed to do. Pretty sure thats the just of that one.

as for the TCP congestion settings im not really sure. I have done some reading on them and still dont really understand what exactly they do.

Hope this all makes sense.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    VD1 VSEL is the voltage at which you want that particular speed to run at. the first number represents the highest kernel speed (1.005) followed by the second number (900) etc...If you run your govnah on screenstate the only voltages that matter are the ones that are being used (if you have a screenstate of 1.005 max and 500 min then adjusting those two voltages are all that need to be done.

Temp limit is a setting where if your phone reaches that particular degree setting your phone will drop the cpu freq down to a reasonable setting to attempt to cool the phone down.

Temp reset is where once temp limit kicks in your phone will auto adjust back to the desired speed set in max freq. once your phone hits that particular setting.
    For example if you have your temp limit set to 50 C once your cpu reaches that temp it will scale back the cpu until it reaches the temp reset of say 45 C (temp reset), then it will push the cpu back to the max freq setting that you have enabled in govnah (1.005 GHz)

Battery scaleback percent will also set ur freq back once your battery reaches a certain percentage. If u have the battery scaleback percent set to 20 it will scale back the cpu to the speed listed in battery scaleback speed.

Over ride charger (i believe) will keep your phone running at the set govnah speed rather than scale the cpu back to 500 like it is designed to do. Pretty sure thats the just of that one.

as for the TCP congestion settings im not really sure. I have done some reading on them and still dont really understand what exactly they do.

Thanks for explaining to all to me. But i dont really get the VD1 VSEL part. Mine says 69 68 66 54 48
    Temp limit 55
    Temp Reset 50
    battery scaleback percent 25
    Battery scaleback speed 500000
    Override charger 0

Are these settings good? Do i need to tweak the numbers for better efficiency?

which kernel are you running? how are you running it? Screenstate? what is your min and max freq settings at? give me this information and i'll see if i can give ya a little better understanding of what your numbers mean.

Good explanation, thanks.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Thanks for explaining to all to me. But i dont really get the VD1 VSEL part. Mine says 69 68 66 54 48
    Temp limit 55
    Temp Reset 50
    battery scaleback percent 25
    Battery scaleback speed 500000
    Override charger 0

Are these settings good? Do i need to tweak the numbers for better efficiency?
    Yikes, mine runs SR-71 with less voltage than that.

I use 68 for 1.2ghz
    I use 58 for 1.005ghz
    I was using 55 for 900 and 50 for 800, but I got a reboot at 800 last night so I think I'll bump it up to 52.
    500mhz is only at 30.

Edit: it's been awhile since I've done the math, but I think you multiply that number by 12.5 and then add 600 and that will give you your actual voltage.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Yikes, mine runs SR-71 with less voltage than that.

I use 68 for 1.2ghz
    I use 58 for 1.005ghz
    I was using 55 for 900 and 50 for 800, but I got a reboot at 800 last night so I think I'll bump it up to 52.
    500mhz is only at 30.

Edit: it's been awhile since I've done the math, but I think you multiply that number by 12.5 and then add 600 and that will give you your actual voltage.
    i dont quite get it. Well, how can i possible get my device to boot at 800mhz? or higher...

Edit: After reading all of it over...i get the Voltage part of it!
    Last edited by Jason Black; 09/11/2010 at 10:21 AM.

13.    #13  

I get it all now!!!!!!! Thanks for the explanation!
    But, my battery scaleback speed is 500000. Isnt that too high of a speed?

I get it all now!!!!!!! Thanks for the explanation!
    But, my battery scaleback speed is 500000. Isnt that too high of a speed?
    Not at all. Basically what that means is that when your battery hits whatever your battery scaleback percentage is set to, your phone is going to run at 500 Mhz.Anything lower than that would be bad and you would experience some crazy lag. 500 Mhz is the stock speed of the phone so thats kind of a good thing. Rather than run the last little bit of juice out of your battery once it gets low, it will try to preserve whats left by running at the stock speed.
    Last edited by jayjam99; 09/11/2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Good explanation, thanks.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Wasnt sure if anyone would understand what i was trying to say or not. I was about 8 into a 12'er when i wrote that!
  16.    #16  
    Not at all. Basically what that means is that when your battery hits whatever your battery scaleback percentage is set to, your phone is going to run at 500 Mhz.Anything lower than that would be bad and you would experience some crazy lag. 500 Mhz is the stock speed of the phone so thats kind of a good thing. Rather than run the last little bit of juice out of your battery once it gets low, it will try to preserve whats left by running at the stock speed.
    awesome!...So more voltage equals more power to the processor thereby increasing the production of the processor. Is that correct?

17.    #17  
    I can't possibly make my phone boot at 1.5ghz or closer, can I?

awesome!...So more voltage equals more power to the processor thereby increasing the production of the processor. Is that correct?
    kinda yea, but it also means more battery drain so be careful! Honestly i think most ppl are trying to LOWER the voltages as far as they can to get more out of the battery.
    I can't possibly make my phone boot at 1.5ghz or closer, can I?
    Not yet. Give Marco some time.....maybe he'll come up with something. Personally i cant run my phone above 1 Ghz. (Weakling pre)
    Additional voltage will not change the frequency of the CPU or speed of the device in any way by itself.

All it can do is change the stability of the device at the selected frequency.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast