1.    #1  
    Ok so I am trying to get psfreedom.ko to work on my Pixi, as i do NOT have a Pre. I think these 2 phone should coincide with each other as they are from the same people, Palm. I don't fully understand this 'rivalry' when it should be a team effort.

Regardless of my useless banter my point is that:

initctl emit G_ROCKHOPPER_REMOVE

insmod /media/internal/psfreedom.ko

turns a result of -1 Device or resource busy

Now I have been told that this code will work fully on a Pre as G_ROCKHOPPER is not built into its kernel. Yet within the Pixi G_ROCKHOPPER is built into the kernel. This is the only step stopping Pixi users from using this .ko

Is there anything I can personally do to make this work? Maybe a patch or app is needed instead? I'd compile my own kernel if I knew how, but I dont. If you could lend a helping hand or insight to this project it would be greatly appreciated from all pixi users who have been patiently waiting for this to work properly.
    Last edited by CapConf; 09/09/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    The authors of psfreedom.ko should have just approached WebOS Internals and built it using our autobuild infrastructure which builds UberKernel and compcache.

I don't have a PS3, so am unable to assist.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    I now understand why pixi gets no love.

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapConf View Post
    I now understand why pixi gets no love.

Thanks for your time.
    Note that the WebOS Internals kernel build infrastructure builds for both Pre and Pixi.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals