1.    #1  
    Hey there unix or whoever maybe also interested in creating kernels, I wanted to know if we could be expecting any new and faster kernels in sight, I am definitely willing to test, Just wanted feedback concerning this
    Not going to get any faster w/o new hardware!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not going to get any faster w/o new hardware!
    I think its ironic how your name is 2sslow and you commented on a thread about a faster phone, sorry just wanted to put that out there
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Hey there unix or whoever maybe also interested in creating kernels, I wanted to know if we could be expecting any new and faster kernels in sight, I am definitely willing to test, Just wanted feedback concerning this
    Exactly what are you expecting? 93% of Pre users cant even run SR71 at 1.2GHz and you want something faster? Even with a newer kernel it wont speed up much.

Wait for the new hardware, you will be pleased.

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part and myself and webos-internals are not aware of any new device that Palm/HP are working on
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 09/04/2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Exactly what are you expecting? 93% of Pre users cant even run SR71 at 1.2GHz and you want something faster? Even with a newer kernel it wont speed up much.

Couldn't put it straighter.

As for your 2nd paragraph, you should possibly add to it with something along the lines of 'This is pure specualtion on my part and myself and webos-internals are not aware of any new device that Palm/HP are working on'
  6.    #6  

Thanks for the answer, I truly didnt know if it could be stretched anymore but then again im not any sort of developer, but thanks for the response
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Couldn't put it straighter.

As for your 2nd paragraph, you should possibly add to it with something along the lines of 'This is pure specualtion on my part and myself and webos-internals are not aware of any new device that Palm/HP are working on'
    Added
    Live free or DIE!
    Yeah, I noticed that too, lol, that disclaimer was a very good idea.
    Exactly what are you expecting? 93% of Pre users cant even run SR71 at 1.2GHz and you want something faster?
    How exactly did you arrive at 93%
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    How exactly did you arrive at 93%
    It was an educated BOFH guess.
    Live free or DIE!
    How unfortunate that all the creative people on this forum will feel the need to attach a disclaimer whenever they speculate about anything Palm. Sad ! Unixpyscho you are one of the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    How unfortunate that all the creative people on this forum will feel the need to attach a disclaimer whenever they speculate about anything Palm. Sad ! Unixpyscho you are one of the best.
    My point was a little bit of a joke. I also think that unix adding the disclaimer was also light hearted.
    One thing is for sure though, unix's post has only further fuelled my desire to speculate.

Pip
    Speculate away, that's one of the reasons I read this forum. I liked my Pre until I found this forum, now I love it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It was an educated BOFH guess.
    It's well known that 94.23% of statistics are made up on the spot