Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I recently overclocked my Pre. I have noticed an incredible battery drain since. For ex...I will use an app or make a quick call and I will lose 3-4% just doing it. When Idle, it drains quite a bit as well. I only have 4 patches. I switched from 1ghz back to 800 with a minimum of 125. That has not seemed to have helped. I have removed all patches to see if that would make a difference and it did not so it does not appear to be the patches. i have pulled the battery.....no luck!

I am not sure what to do next to try and correct this.
    I assume you are using ScreenState then? If you are not, I recommend trying that.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Yes I am using screenstate. I'm not sure if I should run utility repair or not (at least that is what I have been reading). And to be quite honest, I do not know how to do that!!
    I get the same thing with the 500/1000 screen state. I do know that the Internals group is looking into some battery drain issues but given that things are running twice as fast I think it's relatively normal.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by fwarchol View Post
    Yes I am using screenstate. I'm not sure if I should run utility repair or not (at least that is what I have been reading). And to be quite honest, I do not know how to do that!!
    What you need to do is uninstall any current overclock kernel. You don't need to run webos repair. Install the recovery kernel in preware. Now you can reinstall a stable overclock kernal(Your Choice) if you still think you're batt draining too fast, then run a webos doctor on the device. Here is the newest doctor versions. Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.
    Note: I'm running a stable overclock kernal, and batt life suck just as if I wasn't overclock. ^_^
    Good luck.
    I'm currently running the F102 Delta Dagger kernel. It's very smooth and my battery life seem to be much better.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    ...FWIW... forget everything but "performance" ....set it and forget it...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I've used 250/500 in the past and now 0.5/1 GHz (screenstate of course).

I have yet to notice any change in battery life. The battery gets me mostly through the day. Just like before I overclocked.

I had EMail polling set to 30 min interval since I got the phone.

I use NewsRoom (which sucks relative large amounts of power in my experience - but I get ca 20 feeds) - no background updates.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ya thats the problem with overclocking... no good thing goes un-punished for that extra speed the energy needs tocome from somewhere.

to fix this you may want to consider mode switcher to control your gov. now i can have that speed when when i want it but not when i dont need it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    If you use your phone a lot (meaning you have the screen on a lot), I suppose it would be better to set up an ondemand governor that would ramp up speed when you need it.

Example: Staring at the launcher (or any other screen, lol)
    with screenstate: you would be running at 1G the whole time.
    with ondemand: you could have it running at 500mhz (or whatever else you prefer your minimum to be), and then when you hit an app or move around the speed ramps up according to your settings

performance isnt consistant with ondemand because of it ramping up and down all the time, but it is with screenstate. however ondemand would save more battery.
    Rod doesn't recommend using the ondemand govenor as it causes problems on some devices. I"ve gotten the best battery life using the conservative govenor however with the UK.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    overclocking doesn't kill batteries, people addicted to webOS kill batteries...

sorry about that.

I didn't see battery life get worse with overclocking until a few weeks ago.

then I ran Dr Battery and recalibrated my battery - and battery life seems to have improved.

you should try recalibrating with dr battery