1.    #1  
    Im having trouble adding patches now. i did a secure full erase to start over with my customizations and ever since i cannot add patches that i had previously installed IE F102,Govnah and a few others. I am not sure what else to do. i cannot mod my pre plus what so ever. i am able to install preware via quick install but other than that i am stuck.

I could really use some help.

Thanks, Jordan.
    Try updating your feeds and installing any updates you may have.
  3.    #3  
    I dont understand. My feeds? im sorry im pretty new to this whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayesjordan57 View Post
    I dont understand. My feeds? im sorry im pretty new to this whole thing.
    When Preware loads, tap the drop down app menu (top left) and then tap update feeds.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    When Preware loads, tap the drop down app menu (top left) and then tap update feeds.
    Alright thanks ill try that. Does preware not do that on it's own when you install it? If not i think it should be modified to do so or atleast do it on its own periodically, just a suggestion.
    In the same menu, go to preferences and set to Update Every launch.

<<Thread Renamed/Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Im having trouble adding patches now. i did a secure full erase to start over with my customizations and ever since i cannot add patches that i had previously installed IE F102,Govnah and a few others. I am not sure what else to do. i cannot mod my pre plus what so ever. i am able to install preware via quick install but other than that i am stuck.

I could really use some help.

Thanks, Jordan.
    did u set your phone to developer mode?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    did u set your phone to developer mode?
    Yes, i am aware of the proper procedure to using quick install and such. i just happen to have hit a little snag in removing a few patches. for some reason my pre plus isn't too keen on the idea of removing patches.

STILL HAVING IPKG LOG ERRORS.
    updated all feed in preware. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

-Jordan.
    Last edited by hayesjordan57; 09/02/2010 at 11:25 AM.
    Try running EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) in Preware. That might do the trick.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try running EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) in Preware. That might do the trick.
    I tried installing it but it threw me another IPKG log error. im beginning to think my phone is seriously messed up or something.

Any other ideas guys?

Iv narrow down the IPKG errors to : unable to run command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT
    Last edited by hayesjordan57; 09/02/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    I have the same issues with patches. can't even remove the patch and reinstall it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by knishknosh View Post
    I have the same issues with patches. can't even remove the patch and reinstall it.
    Do you think this happened because of some kind of corruption of the programming? like from installing and removing patches? this is a real problem i hope someone very technically savy will look into this. my pre just isn't as cool without all the homebrew apps
    All those errors aren't normal. Run a Webos Repair Utility: http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html, and see if that can fix the problem. A hard reset might also be necessary too.(Battery Pull). Ps. I'm not ruling out the possibility of how great your phone would be, if you consider performing a webos doctor: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions.

I hope you get this problem eradicated.
    Last edited by RL; 09/02/2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Posting Links.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    All those errors aren't normal. Run a Webos Repair Utility: http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html, and see if that can fix the problem. A hard reset might also be necessary too.(Battery Pull). Ps. I'm not ruling out the possibility of how great your phone would be, if you consider performing a webos doctor: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.

I hope you get this problem eradicated.
    After HOURS and HOURS of trial and error i managed to make some progress.
    The i pulled the battery and that let me DL govnah and then i downloaded the recovery kernal for UBK and then i re-installed F102 and it all seems to be working properly now. \

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the suggestions and help guys. Without precentral i would still be cursing and losing my mind.
    After HOURS and HOURS of trial and error i managed to make some progress.
    The i pulled the battery and that let me DL govnah and then i downloaded the recovery kernal for UBK and then i re-installed F102 and it all seems to be working properly now. \

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the suggestions and help guys. Without precentral i would still be cursing and losing my mind.
    That's good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by knishknosh View Post
    Did you run EPR?