1.    #1  
    i did an erase all apps and app data on my phone today to fix some issues...which worked.....but i did it with patches on my phone. i have re-installed preware. the patches are still on my phone but preware doesnt see them. could someone help me with that please thanks in advance
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/01/2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: updated title
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) on Preware under Linux Applications (other) won't help?...correct me if I am wrong (anybody)...isnt it possible also to add said patch again and then delete from there to remove said patch..and then reinstall?...or just time for the Doctor

EDIT: Emergency Patch Installer maybe?...curious now...going to look around...although somebody I am sure will come to the rescue...
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 09/01/2010 at 01:06 AM.
    I would recommend running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility first.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    i have tried all of the emergency things with no help just ipkg errors...lol
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    hmmm...I have been browsing via search...one thread somebody had your issue and used the emergency patch installer...mentioned as well making sure that patch feeds are on as well when doing thos under the manage feeds section...
    The last resort before doctoring then is to try and repair it with: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    These links may or may not help...trying to help you avoid the doctor...
  8.    #11  
    currently im running repair utility.....i dont wanna doctor again lol
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    currently im running repair utility.....i dont wanna doctor again lol
    Please check those links...one may help...either way you got your thread bumped a few times...best of luck...hope all this helps...before you go to doctor (if you do)...add save/restore so it's easier to put all your homebrew etc apps back on before doctoring...will atleast save you a lot of time...
  10.    #13  
    thanks for everyones help. but i just ended up re-install every patch i had....which worked
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    thanks for everyones help. but i just ended up re-install every patch i had....which worked
    Glad you got it worked out...that was one method I mentioned minus of course having to delete and add again...

That is what is so great about this community...and it's definitely a "Palm" thing as a good friend of mine and roommate uses the sister forum for a certain 4G "robot" phone and doesn't get nearly the same help and feedback...I know..friends don't allow friends to buy junk (my attempt at humor)...however I have browsed the "other" forum and my observation is that I see much less participation there than here...take care
    What does Emergency Patch Installer Do?