1.    #1  
    So I've not seen a bit of difference after installing and tinkering with UberKernel and I'd like to remove it. I want to make sure I won't run into problems first, though. I installed using the methods outlined in other threads - installed the Pixi Kernel first, then Uberkernel, then restarted. Thing is, in preware, I pull up the Pixi Kernel and it does not show the option to remove...it only shows for UberKernel. I wasn't planning to remove the Pixi Kernel, but when I did a search for "kernel" and they both appeared, the little green arrow symbol only showed up next to the UberKernel.

Is this normal? Will I have any issues when uninstalling UberKernel and Govnah?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    don't quote me but I believe uk replaces the regular kernel, but it backs it up first. So you might uninstall uk then reinstall the pixi kernel.
    also not sure why you wouldn't notice a difference, did you open govnah and change it from stock settings?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    don't quote me but I believe uk replaces the regular kernel, but it backs it up first. So you might uninstall uk then reinstall the pixi kernel.
    also not sure why you wouldn't notice a difference, did you open govnah and change it from stock settings?
    I just don't want to uninstall it and then suddenly the whole phone is screwed up. If it's supposed to show up this way in Preware...I just want to make sure before I "brick" my phone.

yeah...i made all the changes folks posted and claimed made a world of difference in speed. i didn't notice ANY differences whatsoever.
    Trust me there's a huge difference....after months of UK at 800 MHz and then the last month or so at 1GHz... I've doctored my phone in preparation of returning my phone( new one on the way) and it is hurting in comparisson. Soon as I get my new one it's time for me to BREW.
    you will not brick the phone, when I switched from 800 to 1ghz I had to remove the older vs of uk first then install the second one. I recently did a partial erase to find that uk would not install afterwards, so I thought hmmm I wonder if that pre kernel is even installed...... Well it wasn't, so I installed the normal kernel through preware then replaced it with uk and it works. You should not have a problem in my experience.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Pixi can not be overclocked due to the CPU it uses. All it will do in terms of speed is you are able to set it to stay running at 600, although that will drain battery. The only advantage is you can enable compcache and limit the amount of TMC errors.

Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals
    While UberKernel is available for the Pixi/Pixi+, it is very limited in what it can do. There is very little information available to the public on the design of the CPU in the Pixi/Pixi+. There is no Over Clocking of the Pixi's kernel available at this time. Only the following features are available to Pixi/Pixi+ Users:

* Linux 2.6.24 frequency governors are available, but you are limited to stock frequencies (600MHz max)
    * CompCache is enabled
    * Omitting (as much as possible) TMC errors patch is included
    * Temperature measurement is available
    That pixi kernel is a recovery kernel and its only purpose is to reinstall the stock kernel, it is for that reason that it will never appear as installed in preware because it is the stock kernel. You should need to do anything with the pixi kernel in this case.
    All you need to do is to open Preware, select uberkernel, select uninstall, wait for the restart pop up, select to restart.
    Voilla, back at stock.

Pip
    The little green arrow means that the UberKernel is the current kernel you have installed. You cannot have two kernels installed at the same time. The stock kernel is saved and backed up by the UberKernel during installation. So all you have to do is remove it in Preware as pip_smith instructed above and you will be back to stock after rebooting.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation