Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Attempted to install warthog which failed and now I can't get it to boot, stuck with palm on screen. If I can access as USB device can I still save my pictures and game save info or is it gone for good.

did my search but it's endless and impossible to read through them all.

thanks.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/31/2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Can't you plug it into a wall charger (not computer usb) to force a 500MHz clock?
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
    If the UberKernel had truly killed your phone, there would be nothing to discuss. Follow the instructions here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals should get you back up.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by feq451 View Post
    I can't get it to boot, stuck with palm on screen. If I can access as USB device can I still save my pictures and game save info or is it gone for good.

did my search but it's endless and impossible to read through them all.

thanks.
    Running the Doctor will not erase your files from the USB drive as long as you use a Doctor version newer than 1.2.1. Your files should be fine.
    NO NEED TO DR!

why does everybody recommend the dr when this happens?

Remove the battery
    replace the battery
    plug the pre in using the WALL/usb outlet(this is very important)
    when the Pre boots go to govnah and change the settings to something lower (all the while staying plugged in to the WALL/usb

The reason this works is because when plugged in via the WALL/usb it forces the pre to boot at 500mhz
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I removed battery and had it plugged in attempting a reboot. It won't boot past palm. I was installing and removing kernels and uberkernel failed install so I attempted a reboot and it refuses to reboot. It's not an overclock crash issue.

My question is in USB mode can I access linux or is that not possible
    Plugging it into charge should not help in this case because uber already boots at 500mhz by default.
    feq451, you should provide a very detailed bug report to the uberkernel thread to let the devs know what happened.

Pip
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Plugging it into charge should not help in this case because uber already boots at 500mhz by default.
    feq451, you should provide a very detailed bug report to the uberkernel thread to let the devs know what happened.

Pip
    Uber may boot the phone at 500MHz, but then will jump to whatever you had set it to in Govnah in the profile. This is why we keep saying to put it on the WALL charger or Touchstone while booting, not just trying to place the phone on the charger after it has failed to boot properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Uber may boot the phone at 500MHz, but then will jump to whatever you had set it to in Govnah in the profile. This is why we keep saying to put it on the WALL charger or Touchstone while booting, not just trying to place the phone on the charger after it has failed to boot properly.
    That jump will not take place until the phone has fully booted. The safety mechanisms in uber have been very delicately designed to stop reboot loops and the such.
    By the way, the wall charger trick will only work if you are using a screenstate govnah.
    It is likely that the user has a corrupt kernel, and the loop is caused by this and not a hardware limitation, therefore the phone on charger trick will not work.

Pip
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It may not have really been Uberkernel but thought that would get the fastest response. I was running f102 successfully and switched to uber but kept getting lockups and tmc errors so I removed it and reloaded f102 but was still getting TMC errors which I never had before, removed it and did a restore kernel then attempted to install warthog which failed and thought I would restart which fried it.

I have no idea what actually happened and blame no one but myself. I know enough tech to get in trouble but no where near enough to get out or do anything close to what the webos guys do.

That's why I throw them money and let them do it
    The same thing happened to my phone after installing warthog kernel. It was just stuck on the palm screen. Was running thunderchief successfully, but when I uninstalled it and installed warthog it crashed. WebOs doctor was the only fix. I'm just glad that UK is running up to 1GHz now.
    The point of matter is... that the OP think that the kernal has killed his phone. There might be all kind of solution for this problem.

However, I would recommend the OP to perform a webos doctor on the device, go back to stock and leave it like that. In my opinion, I don't think the OP has fully understood the pros and cons of overclocking. Webos doctor link:Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Use the version of the doc for your carrier/phone.

Good Luck.
    It may not have really been Uberkernel but thought that would get the fastest response. I was running f102 successfully and switched to uber but kept getting lockups and tmc errors so I removed it and reloaded f102 but was still getting TMC errors which I never had before, removed it and did a restore kernel then attempted to install warthog which failed and thought I would restart which fried it.

I have no idea what actually happened and blame no one but myself. I know enough tech to get in trouble but no where near enough to get out or do anything close to what the webos guys do.

That is pretty sucky, IMO. Before I installed any homebrew, I read lots of threads about issues people were having (to see if it was "safe").

Now, any new Pre / Pixi owners will see a thread title saying "uber killed my phone" and may cause some to believe uber is dangerous.

I hope you will change your thread title. It is my experience that ANY "Help needed" threads get very prompt responses on this site.

So you purposely misled the members here to get a response? How did you expect someone to help you find a solution when you lied about the problem from the onset? The people on this site, as you can see, are extremely willing to help users who experience problems with their phones, but misleading those in the forums about your issues really doesn't do anyone any favors. Try being honest about your problems and exactly what you did to your phone and you might get more meaningful responses, and people will be willing to help out in the future.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Please make an effort to create descriptive, accurate, informative and truthful thread titles.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic