1.    #1  
    First of all thanks to those who've helped me so far. I finally have quick install on my computer. Two problems now. I wanted preware on my computer and I know that I have to use quick install to get it, but I don't see it in the list when I bring up repository viewer? The second problem is I tried to download the music player remix. I hit the blue arrow, and it brings up the repository. I click on the remix and hit download. It does and in goes into the install window. I then click on install and it seems to do everything but then it's not on my phone. I still have the old player. What am I doing wrong?
    preware goes on your phone, not your computer.
    look under applications.
    I believe the op is saying he can't find it through the qi connection in the list of apps online.

EDIT* I see why you said that, think he mispoke.
    if you are saying that you still need to put preware on your phone, you have to choose the right feed in QI.

do you have preware on your phone now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtiggers View Post
    First of all thanks to those who've helped me so far. I finally have quick install on my computer. Two problems now. I wanted preware on my computer and I know that I have to use quick install to get it, but I don't see it in the list when I bring up repository viewer? The second problem is I tried to download the music player remix. I hit the blue arrow, and it brings up the repository. I click on the remix and hit download. It does and in goes into the install window. I then click on install and it seems to do everything but then it's not on my phone. I still have the old player. What am I doing wrong?
    Here three ways of getting preware. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. Follow example carefully.

Good Luck.
  6.    #6  
    No I don't have preware on my phone. I also couldn't get the update for the music remix on my phone either. The person replying above you said I need the correct feed. What do they mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtiggers View Post
    No I don't have preware on my phone. I also couldn't get the update for the music remix on my phone either. The person replying above you said I need the correct feed. What do they mean?
    Use the link given by RL for correct preware install instructions, and do read them. As for the music player remix, what webos version are you on?

Pip
  8.    #8  
    I have Verison so my version is 1.4.1.1
    http://install.preware.org

<<Moved/Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I also tried to install preware, and it was not on any feed list . I installed it by the alternative method, and that worked fine.