1.    #1  
    Sconix, as the reigning king of WebOS settings, can you create an app that allows a person to set their own default file handler? I'm especially interested in .mp3 files (I'm told the media handling API has not been made public yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Sconix, as the reigning king of WebOS settings, can you create an app that allows a person to set their own default file handler? I'm especially interested in .mp3 files (I'm told the media handling API has not been made public yet).
    An app for that already exists RegisterApp

However, worth noting that once an app is set as a default handler, the app need to be able to handle a "target" launch parameter. So If you're referring to an app like Music Player Remix or NaNplayer, you'll need to get in contact with the dev for them to add that compatibility (or make a patch for those specific apps)
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/29/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    He's not the only one that can do it lol, considering there's people who've actually done that and he hasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    An app for that already exists RegisterApp

However, worth noting that once an app is set as a default handler, the app need to be able to handle a "target" launch parameter. So If you're referring to an app like Music Player Remix or NaNplayer, you'll need to get in contact with the dev for them to add that compatibility (or make a patch for those specific apps)
    Once apps can officially register as the default app for certain file types, I'll definitely be adding launch parameter support within Music Player (Remix) so people can launch the app directly by opening a music file. If the next version of webOS doesn't have a way for apps to register as the default app, I may add launch parameter support anyway so homebrew users can make this change via unofficial methods.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #5  
    Installed RegisterApp (gotta love Internalz). Before I blow up my Pre....what happens if I make Music (Remix) my default .mp3 player without having the "launch parameter support" (glad to see you in here, Dan. I sent the email earlier)
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Installed RegisterApp (gotta love Internalz). Before I blow up my Pre....what happens if I make Music (Remix) my default .mp3 player without having the "launch parameter support" (glad to see you in here, Dan. I sent the email earlier)
    I'm guessing Music Player (Remix) will simply launch, but will not play the music file. So making it the default MP3 player doesn't really buy you much right now.

Yeah I figured it was you who sent me the email.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami