Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    loving the skin support! And I look forward to updates at any time. Any chance of releasing this to the Palm Catalog? I would love to support you further.
    I'm loving the transparent skin. So far everything I have tested is working great. Keep up the good work!
    very very good update, the transparent keyboard is nice, though I would make it smaller (or make another one like it smaller), for not only fighting games (via street fighter, for moves) but also you could show more realestate on screen.
    I also love the transparent interface...very interesting...but kinda hard to keep tabs on the left and right with it taking so much space.

Either way, keep up the great work...very interesting stuff! Sorli...
    I wish the transparent skin was just a touch more transparent, but other than that it's working great, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wish the transparent skin was just a touch more transparent, but other than that it's working great, thanks.
    I modified it to be more transparent
    in the archive are 2 new versions of the skin with different levels of transparency.

HOWTO:
    extract the archive and copy the two folders into a "skins" folder you have created in the "snes" folder on your Pre USB-Drive.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    this is awesome i find this way more playable than the VBA for sm reason.... but still pretty hard for me cuz im cursed with sweaty palms so even the simplest tasks even just using the launcher makes it hard for me on bad days.... so touch screen gaming is only enjoyable for me on good days... (dry hands....) anyone else with this prob? anyone have a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    dtzwill do you think it is possible to allow snes to read roms from a dropbox account?
    I've been using my ZumoDrive account to store all the VBA/SNES roms that I want access to... but I've never thought about having the ability to establish a remote folder as a "local" one for items such as roms. Obviously, this works on a true pc as Dropbox/ZumoDrive establish linked folders... but on the Pre, does it work the same? Ie., is there a linked folder visible/accessible in Internals (or SuperNES)?

Regardless, thanks for the great emu. Chronotrigger on the go is fantastic.

Blo
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcitron View Post
    here's another portrait skin.

this time its all from scratch save for the logos. (last one was a photoshopped up high-res image of an actual controller)

attached is a png for previews and a layered zipped up tif if anyone wants to mess with it in photoshop.

and yes, due to complaints, this time I went purple for the buttons.
    And IMHO, as soon as this skin is finished it should be shipped as the default! Beautiful work -- I'm curious, any chance that this could be implemented as a portrait AND landscape skin?

Either way, nice work!

Blo
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    how about posting the app on the first post, so we can download and install w/ Internalz or Preware...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    how about posting the app on the first post, so we can download and install w/ Internalz or Preware...
    Because then you wouldn't have Preware set up to automatically notify you of updates.

When a package is available in a Preware feed, installing it manually from a stand-alone file is an inferior choice.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Because then you wouldn't have Preware set up to automatically notify you of updates.

When a package is available in a Preware feed, installing it manually from a stand-alone file is an inferior choice.

-- Rod
    I didn't think of that - thanks Rod - that's why you're "the man" ;-)

off to the testing feeds...
    I don't know. I used WOSQI to install this, and Preware recognizes it and does updates properly.
    Please Make it for pixi please!!!!!! I would love this to be on the pixi. I fell in love with the LJP emulator that waz on Centro and Now that I upgraded I have been looking forward for an emulator for pixi. Thanks!! ^-^
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I don't know. I used WOSQI to install this, and Preware recognizes it and does updates properly.
    That's because you already have the testing feeds enabled, and therefore could have just used them to install it in the first place. If you don't have the feed enabled, or if the developer chose to distribute it outside of Preware feeds, then you wouldn't see the updates.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    I modified it to be more transparent
    in the archive are 2 new versions of the skin with different levels of transparency.

HOWTO:
    extract the archive and copy the two folders into a "skins" folder you have created in the "snes" folder on your Pre USB-Drive.
    Thanks! I agree it was way too solid, thanks for taking the initiative on this!! I'll take a look when I get back, and will include these in the next release. Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    idea: add a touch_screen_rotation option to the controller.cfg. that way the skin could control whether the game is in landscape, portrait, or something very strangely in between
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcitron View Post
    idea: add a touch_screen_rotation option to the controller.cfg. that way the skin could control whether the game is in landscape, portrait, or something very strangely in between
    If/when portrait skins are supported, there will be a similar config option. I'm not sure I see the justification for the much increased work to support arbitrary angles between, however. Sorry (feel free to convince me otherwise )
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    theres no other reason for arbitrary angles, my idea was you throw it an angle as a variable like touch_screen_rotation=90 touch_screen_rotation=45 and it would render the screen at than angle. if doing something like touch_screen_rotation=P and touch_screen_rotation=L would be easier.

is there a link floating around for the source? i cant find one, and i would love to have a peek at its workings to satisfy the programmer inside.
    Totally agree with above poster with regards to playability as compared to the vba. I had a heck of a time with ZELDA LINK TO THE PASTon vba, but just spent the last 30 min playing (UK-92 screenstate 500/1000 full brightness max volume) Zelda Link to the Past...pretty much ran at 58-60 for most of the time. Took a look at my cpu temp and was around 50-51C...red lining for sure but again, not sure why easier to play as well as a lot smoother as compared to the vba version. Thanks again. Also BUST-A-MOVE worked quite well, same scenario as above. Tried ARKANOID DOH and it was super fast @ 1GHz but didn't try at 500.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast