Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    I like using the landscape/keyboard hybrid controls best, plus with the Pre open while using it it helps to relieve some of the heat generated by gaming.
    I don't know what you mean, but I've been flying all day and haven't had a chance to read all the details of the updates. What do you mean? Make it a hybrid app?
    Yes i thinks thats what i mean
    read about the webOS 2.0 updates, and the possibilitys about better combination of standard webOS SDK with the PDK stuff...
    I was finally able to get the Preware testing links to work; so I have been playing this emulator for a few hours now. I'm very much impressed. I can't wait until you add a virtual gamepad, but even as it is now, it's still a lot of fun to play. I'm going to buy the App Store version as soon as it comes out.

Keep up the good work Will !!!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    here's another portrait skin.

this time its all from scratch save for the logos. (last one was a photoshopped up high-res image of an actual controller)

attached is a png for previews and a layered zipped up tif if anyone wants to mess with it in photoshop.

and yes, due to complaints, this time I went purple for the buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcitron View Post
    here's another portrait skin.

this time its all from scratch save for the logos. (last one was a photoshopped up high-res image of an actual controller)

attached is a png for previews and a layered zipped up tif if anyone wants to mess with it in photoshop.

Does this mean that the Virtual Keypad is working with this SNES emulator? Or is this just for testing a future feature of the emulator? Either way this looks great!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    no skin support yet, just had some free time and figured i would throw something together for dtzWill to use if he chooses or even for anyone to use the photoshop file as a template to make others..

I need to dig up the VBA skin config files and setup a config for the skins as well but i'm lazy at the moment..
    no skin support yet, just had some free time and figured i would throw something together for dtzWill to use if he chooses or even for anyone to use the photoshop file as a template to make others..

I need to dig up the VBA skin config files and setup a config for the skins as well but i'm lazy at the moment..
    It's a great looking skin. I can't wait until skins are supported, but I know that will take some time. It's not easy being a developer.

ahh give me those colored buttons...
    atleast make two versions

PS: i think it would be more useful if the L+R buttons were right above the other buttons
    I take it this is only for 1.4.5? Please tell me I'm wrong because I dont have it yet.

Edit: Nevermind. I saw it in another post. Stupid Verizon.
    Last edited by jsgraphicart; 09/03/2010 at 12:00 PM.
    if you dont rely on those verizon apps cant you just use webosdoctor of Sprint?
    i did this before, when 1.3 wasnt out for O2 GSM phones and it was working fine
    is there no way to change the controls? The ? Button does nothing!
    Have you tried holding the orange button and pressing "N"?
    This emulator is so nice! I am amazed at how well it works! I can't wait until the emulator supports a Virtual Keypad though. Will you did a great job on this! I'm going to make another donation.

14.    #114  
    Hi all!!

Announcing a relatively short changelog but still a big update:

0.0.4 of SuperNES!

Changelog:

• SKIN support!
    • Efficient transparent skin support!!!
    • Few minor bug fixes

(Doesn't support portrait skins, despite the great ones posted already, sorry!)

It's in the testing feeds now!

Skin creators: with this release you now have the tools to create your own and try them out. A skin is more than artwork, it's the button configuration, layout, overlap, etc--all which contribute to a great skin!

If anyone is creating a skin and has an issue or finds a fundamental limitation in the cfg file format that prevents them from creating the great skin(s) they want, let me know and we can try to fix those issues.

Finally:
    Working on this takes a lot of time, so please if you enjoy SuperNES please help support it by donating or purchasing VBA in the catalog. Thanks!

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 09/03/2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Now in the (testing) feeds
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hi all!!

Announcing a relatively short changelog but still a big update:

0.0.4 of SuperNES!

Changelog:

• SKIN support!
    • Efficient transparent skin support!!!
    • Few minor bug fixes

(Doesn't support portrait skins, despite the great ones posted already, sorry!)

It's in the testing feeds now!

Skin creators: with this release you now have the tools to create your own and try them out. A skin is more than artwork, it's the button configuration, layout, overlap, etc--all which contribute to a great skin!

If anyone is creating a skin and has an issue or finds a fundamental limitation in the cfg file format that prevents them from creating the great skin(s) they want, let me know and we can try to fix those issues.

Finally:
    Working on this takes a lot of time, so please if you enjoy SuperNES please help support it by donating or purchasing VBA in the catalog. Thanks!

Happy gaming!
    Skin support already? Wow, that was fast! So do we have to create a "skins" folder in order to use the skins?
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 09/03/2010 at 09:00 PM.

16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Skin support already? Wow, that was fast! So do we have to create a "skins" folder in order to use the skins?
    Ships with three skins, they should all work by default.

Oh, whoops. Forgot to commit jjcitron's skin, will push that shortly.

Anyway, should have two skins that work.

As for creating/adding your own--yes, create a 'skins' directory next to your 'roms' one and populate it with skins you're creating. Feel free to copy the existing ones over as reference points.

They are no longer stored on /media/internal due to the pdk bug, but if you put some there yourself it should pick up on them, although I haven't actually tested that with SuperNES.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Ships with three skins, they should all work by default.

Oh, whoops. Forgot to commit jjcitron's skin, will push that shortly.

Anyway, should have two skins that work.

As for creating/adding your own--yes, create a 'skins' directory next to your 'roms' one and populate it with skins you're creating. Feel free to copy the existing ones over as reference points.

They are no longer stored on /media/internal due to the pdk bug, but if you put some there yourself it should pick up on them, although I haven't actually tested that with SuperNES.

I see the skins now! Thank you so much for adding skin support!!! Hopefully people donate a crazy amount of money, because this emulator is so mega cool!
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 09/03/2010 at 09:02 PM.

dtzwill do you think it is possible to allow snes to read roms from a dropbox account?
    @dtzWill:
    Nice Update the transparents skinsupport is a great addition!
    btw... it seems like the colored skins are not displayed correctly... the colors are off, but if you open the pictures in an editor everything is ok.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    @dtzWill:
    Nice Update the transparents skinsupport is a great addition!
    btw... it seems like the colored skins are not displayed correctly... the colors are off, but if you open the pictures in an editor everything is ok.
    Woooooooow, not sure how I missed that. Will fix first thing next time I get a chance. x.x

Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat