Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Since i cannot find it on the catalog ... i suppose it does not work on webos 2.x for the HP Veer , right?
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessor View Post
    I live in Brazil and cant download it by HP app catalog.
    Can anybody send this SuperNES 1.0.4 ipk in a private msg for me please ?
    Yea if someone could upload the 1.0.4 ipk, it'd be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
  3.    #643  
    Very sorry about not posting the ipk--the only reason I don't have it in preware is because it's free and maintaining two packages is simply more work.

Regardless here's a link to the 1.0.4 ipk. I make no promises about it's suitability for any particular device (I believe it'll happily let you install it on anything), but on the other hand please let me know if you have any issues and I'll do what I can to help.

Should work on Pre, Pre+ and Pre2. Pre3 support en route, and might work on touchpad (the version in the app catalog does, but it's flagged to do the scaling thing--I'm not sure if that'll happen with this ipk).

Anyway, here you go:

Linky

Note that this ipk is branded with a different appid, so as to not interfere with any app catalog versions. This is worth noting because the save games are stored in the app itself.

Hope this helps, and happy gaming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Very sorry about not posting the ipk--the only reason I don't have it in preware is because it's free and maintaining two packages is simply more work.
    Do you mean this application is available for free download from the HP app catalog? I am asking because when i access the catalog from my Veer i cannot find this app...is it normal?
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    Do you mean this application is available for free download from the HP app catalog? I am asking because when i access the catalog from my Veer i cannot find this app...is it normal?
    Both . It's available for free, but isn't compatible with the veer yet (neither is the ipk above). Sorry!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Both . It's available for free, but isn't compatible with the veer yet (neither is the ipk above). Sorry!
    Ok. Thanks for your reply. It will avoid me to try the above ipk :-)
    Just to know ... this app is not comaptible with the Veer because of ... screen resolution problems? CPU "power"? Just curious.
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    Ok. Thanks for your reply. It will avoid me to try the above ipk :-)
    Just to know ... this app is not comaptible with the Veer because of ... screen resolution problems? CPU "power"? Just curious.
    Screen resolution problems. Sounds lame because it is, but something I haven't gotten to fixing yet. Hopefully in the near future I'll flesh out the TP and Pre3 ports of SuperNES and VBA and that'll address all the resolution dependencies. We'll see
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Screen resolution problems. Sounds lame because it is, but something I haven't gotten to fixing yet. Hopefully in the near future I'll flesh out the TP and Pre3 ports of SuperNES and VBA and that'll address all the resolution dependencies. We'll see
    Got it. Hope to see an update on this in the future :-) Good luck with that.
    I'm still interested in working with you on a new start screen art if you are.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Darn! I was so excited when I saw this, but alas I have a Veer. I'm definitely willing to donate some money for Veer compatibility.
    Any update on the progress of this? I just read the wiki and on the todo list "Add menu/screen for customizing keyboard controls" is number 1.

I assume this means those of us with an icontrolpad can map the hid keyboard keys through the menu with out the use of an actual bluetooth keyboard. This would be awesome, I hope it comes soon.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themoofactory View Post
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but this is a skin I made to use with touchpad - have only used with harvest moon atm.

Cheers
    First of all, thanks for this great skin. I made two adjustments to it, so I figure I should put this out in case someone else is looking for it.
    1. Pad has been moved higher up (refer to picture). I feel this is more comfortable for my hands.
    2. I added letters to each of the keys.

Once again, thanks for the original skin themoofactory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks for doing this! i can play megaman X but now i need to buy a wii mote to actually play the game properly on the hp touchpad.

any recommendations for bluetooth controllers for the touchpad?

thanks in advance!
    Hi,
    I'm using a Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4. Whenever I click on the icon to start the application the icon grow but nothing happen. I install both the version from App catalog and the one from
    SuperNES -- SNES emulator!

Please help
    Thanks
    Any update on a possible touchpad port?
    Bumpity! I'd love to see a full TouchPad release for this.
    Not that I'm impatient, but I'd love to know how the Pre3 port is coming along, if at all?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    hi! dtzwill, i know real life matters are time demanding... so as checkmate, don't want to be impatient...
    but i have to ask if we're going to see the SuperNES for pre3, touchpad or veer....

in case not... would you like to share the project files, this way someone else could continue your hard work...
    and in case you are going to release it anytime, please share us some news... i'd love to give a donation to see this, as well as many people here in the forums...

thanks in advance for any answer....

RQ
    webOS [[[ ]
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerq View Post
    hi! dtzwill, i know real life matters are time demanding... so as checkmate, don't want to be impatient...
    but i have to ask if we're going to see the SuperNES for pre3, touchpad or veer....

in case not... would you like to share the project files, this way someone else could continue your hard work...
    and in case you are going to release it anytime, please share us some news... i'd love to give a donation to see this, as well as many people here in the forums...

thanks in advance for any answer....

RQ
    Hi!

I... I have /not/ been able to give this any time lately.

I'm slotted some time this weekend, but life keeps hijacking my free time .

Anyway I wanted to make sure at least this is clear:

This code is fantastically open-source:

https://github.com/dtzWill/supernes

I still am hoping to go back and make proper TP/pre3 ports (see https://github.com/dtzWill/supernes/commits/tp for WIP touchpad port progress), but I do understand that it's been quite a while and for that all I can say is I'm sorry and will get to it when I can.

Given how long this has taken, I might lower my standard for a release and just get something that runs on all platforms (preware beta or whatnot)--and work from there. If nothing else that should provide an official release via preware/etc (instead of the rogue builds--and TY for those that have done so, sorry I dropped the ball there).

FWIW both my veers managed to kick it, so not sure I'll be able to test for that anytime soon. Hopefully the pre3/TP ports cause me to make the UI code res-agnostic enough that the veer can just work with some feedback from interested parties, we'll see .

Anyway my sincere apologies for sitting on this for so long, and I promise this is at the top of my recreational coding projects list .

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Sounds good to me - I'll definitely donate for a properly working Pre3 version!
    Plus I'd buy VBA if it was optimised for the Pre3 too.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)