Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrdxdvoko View Post
    hrrrm, tried out your skin, looks nice btw. Still no go on two button presses with same finger. Maybe its game specific? Mind trying out megaman x to see? I've tried uninstall/reinstall and pretty much most of the skins on this forum :P
    yeah, my blaster fires off when i roll my thumb to jump

i tried to use two fingers, one holding blaster to build up, then a finger to jump. sometimes it works, but most of the time it blasts instantly

just don't think it really likes having two areas touched so closely at the same time or something.

not really sure if it's skin, program, or touch screen problem really.

but using a touchscreen sucks anyways for controllers, so i blame that
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    After playing with the emulator on TouchPad a bit more, a few quick thoughts:

I don't mind shrinking the screen a little, if it keeps the buttons off the playing field/game screen. The touchpad screen is big enough that you probably don't need to use the whole thing for the picture to be nice and big, and having the buttons off the screen is worth a small reduction in screen real estate (to me).

For me, I find that if the buttons (in landscape mode) were on the left and right of the screen, about halfway up, it would be perfect. Buttons at the top don't feel natural, and buttons at the very bottom also make it hard to hold. Everybody has their own comfort level, though.

Black borders around the screen are best. White frames are sort of distracting, IMO.

Once again, thanks everyone for their work on this (emulator, skins, etc.). Great job, and I'm looking forward to a TouchPad optimized version!
    sypherz28 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    yeah, my blaster fires off when i roll my thumb to jump

i tried to use two fingers, one holding blaster to build up, then a finger to jump. sometimes it works, but most of the time it blasts instantly

just don't think it really likes having two areas touched so closely at the same time or something.

not really sure if it's skin, program, or touch screen problem really.

but using a touchscreen sucks anyways for controllers, so i blame that
    hehe yeah I also have a problem with chrono trigger and running sometimes it just decides I'm not pressing the button. Oh well if I get the hankering I have the megaman collection disc somewhere ^.^ thanks for checking it out.
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but this is a skin I made to use with touchpad - have only used with harvest moon atm.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sypherz28, Eigan and Damo_82 like this.
    I am noticing a common issue from one ROM to another. It seems there are issues with the emulator processing layers. A couple examples are with Final Fantasy 3 and edges of water bodies in caves and such and In Breath of Fire 2 the cloud layer is not transparent in the first couple scenes and the menu does not display any text. Most everything else seems quite good with the exception of the music but that I feel is less important over the visual aspects.

We should construct a full list of all ROMS that are both playable and non-playable with the current version. With this we can narrow down the problematic issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by sypherz28 View Post
    I am noticing a common issue from one ROM to another. It seems there are issues with the emulator processing layers. A couple examples are with Final Fantasy 3 and edges of water bodies in caves and such and In Breath of Fire 2 the cloud layer is not transparent in the first couple scenes and the menu does not display any text. Most everything else seems quite good with the exception of the music but that I feel is less important over the visual aspects.

We should construct a full list of all ROMS that are both playable and non-playable with the current version. With this we can narrow down the problematic issues.
    On a side note a great big THANK YOU to the devs!
    oddly enough when trying different setting combinations the issue with BOF2 stopped. So far I cannot recreate the issue. However the issue with FF3 still stands.
    Anybody try the iControlPad yet? I can't figure out from their site and forums if there is an easy way to use a PC to mod the button presses to match the keys that Will set up for each button.
    I'm almost willing to try it myself, but I'd be lost if I had to program the controller myself without a gui.
    i converted all my snes roms to .fig files years ago and now i cant reconvert them to .smc because none of the converters work on windows 7

EDIT
    nm just renaming them to .smc works
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This has probably been asked a few times, but does the app support a paired bluetooth keyboard?

I'm loving the app, but my hands hurt holding the touchpad for a while and the speaker cutouts dig in. I'd love to just set it up on a folio case and play it with a kayboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by prognar View Post
    This has probably been asked a few times, but does the app support a paired bluetooth keyboard?

I'm loving the app, but my hands hurt holding the touchpad for a while and the speaker cutouts dig in. I'd love to just set it up on a folio case and play it with a kayboard.
    yes you can. Its my preferred way of playing until I'm able to connect a bt game controller
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yep, just got my HP Bluetooth keyboard today and discovered that you can hit the '=' key in-game to have the SNES emu prompt you for key bindings.. It will cycle through the left, right, up, down, start, select, L, R, Y, X, A, and B buttons.

I personally am using my WASD keys for the D-pad controls, and my JI/KO keys for the XY/AB buttons, my U key for L and P key for R.. I did ENTER for start and DELETE for select... Some keys on the keyboard apparently aren't recognized by the emu, so if you pick one for binding and it doesn't take, just pick a different key...

So far so good, SOOO much better than the touch controls. Don't forget to turn off the skin display in the menu!
    I'm having trouble putting Roms on my SNES emulator is there a video on this? When your TouchPad is in USB mode and you put a file on it will it show that something is being uploaded on that USB screen? Thanks help will be greatly appreciated
    Emulator crashes in Doom when you shoot any barrel. It simply freezes and you must card it and then trash it. You can run it again afterward but if you shoot a barrel, it'll do it again.
    I'm not sure anyone can help me here, but I don't know where to debug, I have superNES installed from HP Apps store.

2 folders /snes/roms/ with couple roms inside with both .zip and .smc

when I run supernes it's just pop up on top and closed instantly, I have latest WebOS

with F15C running 1.5Ghz using profile setting.

I have try uninstall from Preware, install again from HP App. but still not working.

Thanks
    See if it works with another kernal instead. I vaguely recall hearing F15 is unstable but who can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    See if it works with another kernal instead. I vaguely recall hearing F15 is unstable but who can say.
    I'm trying Uberkernel it's not working either.

i dont know where to start
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Are there any plans to have multiplayer support? Either Bluetooth or WAN?
    Tried this out on recommendation and all I have to say is WOW!

Love it, works VERY VERY Well, and love the classic games! Very Cool Emulator and great job. Now I just need to figure out where to place the controller skins and how to update that feature...thought it has a bunch already and works very well as is. Thanks, Sorli...
    Looking for a copy of the source to this, anyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by sorli
    Tried this out on recommendation and all I have to say is WOW!

Love it, works VERY VERY Well, and love the classic games! Very Cool Emulator and great job. Now I just need to figure out where to place the controller skins and how to update that feature...thought it has a bunch already and works very well as is. Thanks, Sorli...
    Controller skins go:
    in/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/skins