Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    It is there I just installed and am playing the original space invaders. You can also change the keys for your style. Great work.
    Gangland have you updated feeds?
  2.    #42  
    SuperNES only works on > 1.4.5 and on Pre--pixi and versions < 1.4.5 won't see it in preware.

If you're still not seeing it let me know
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Just ran secret of mana, seems to work well.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Wow, just found out that you're on twitter.

Everyone should follow Will Dietz (dtzTech) on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    SuperNES only works on > 1.4.5 and on Pre--pixi and versions < 1.4.5 won't see it in preware.

If you're still not seeing it let me know
    I emailed you asking about reviewing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    wanted to take some screenshots but they keep coming up black screen
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    finally!
    That is simply amazing...on screen controls would be great since I tried a bunch of old games and the keyboard controls made games like SmashTV practically impossible compared to the original joystick controlled versions. Has anyone heard from Palm/HP about possible Bluetooth control options for future webOS updates? This and other emulators would absolutely ROCK with an external controller and open up a bunch of screen space going landscape and nolonger needing keyboard or onscreen options!!!

Also note, I tried a bunch of games and was simply astonished by how many of them worked and very well! One of my favorite features is the turbo mode (spacebar) that allows quick fast forward in games and menus.

Either way, you deserve a bunch of credit even if this was easier now with the PDK and I love your past (Quake) and present creations.

You mentioned earlier, needing help creating graphics for the on screen controls, please let me know and P/M me with image size, scale, control offsets, and transparency. A rough sketch would help if scratch your thoughts on paper, scan, and it on its way.

Either way, I'd love to help. Sorli...
    Gotdamn,ive been waiting for this! THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    With that in mind I pushed v0.0.3, please update when you have a chance and let me know if the issue persists.

I'm sorry that I don't have more time this weekend to properly test/ensure it's fixed, but hopefully this does the trick
    Hey Will, I finally got a chance to update (was out with no data connection all day today) and all the saving/loading issues I described are fixed for SMRPG and whatever the other one was, I forget now. Lol! It also fixed another issue I noticed earlier in the day, when Turbo was pressed on SMRPG, the menu opened, then the load state bug and be turbo. Same when turning off. This was fixed with 0.0.3 as well, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill
    Also a couple of you mentioned created videos or screenshots and the like...

please do so! It would be wonderful to get a video of this in action, and I would greatly appreciate it. Just so we're clear that that would be awesome and amazing.
    I'm super tired tonight or else I'd make one right now, I'm gonna bust out my girlfriends Cybershot camera and make one tomorrow. A few minutes of 4 or 5 games, gonna try to pick some impressive ones~
    I was really impressed with VBA but here...what can I say, I don't have the words

Thank you thank you !! Playing supermario world very smoothly
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ugh now waiting for 1.4.5 is ticking me off. Would really dig playing Chrono Trigger, Metroid, or LoZ: Link to the Past on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ohdear, you're officially being bumped up to Hero status on my list.
    Gitah~
    tested 0.0.3 and the Menu Bug is definatly gone thanks for the fast update...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i updated and i still cant find this arghhhh!!!!! help plz!!!
    I hate being this guy, but I've never had problems adding feeds in Preware until now.

The ipkg.preware..... just gives an error log. Tried checking typical noob errors in copying the URL, but no dice.

Any suggestions? I was adding the webos-testing-all feed.
    Oh my... between this and Angry Birds I'm going to become the most unproductive person ever

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Everything is running great, even at 500Mhz Of course, as you mentioned, most SuperFX games don't work properly (I only care about Yoshi's Island, which works, so no problem).

I also like the idea for the direction keys, all keys together so the diagonal movements can be done, even if it's slanted 45 degrees I like it

I'd love at least the direction pad overlaid on the screen, but this way rocks!!

Thanks again!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Meh, I couldn't find it in the feed either, so I just went to the feed website and downloaded the ipk directly. After that it updates just fine, but it's weird that it didn't show in the feeds.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    wanted to take some screenshots but they keep coming up black screen
    Yeah using openGLES breaks one's ability to easily take screenshots.

I should probably add some code that takes the final rendered screen and writes it to a file . That'd make screenshots a lot easier hehe. Not super useful for normal use since I can't WRITE to /media/internal (grumble grumble), but would help getting some promotional screenshots at least. The standard method to deal with this is taking screenshots while in card mode.. and Sonic-NKT has been kind enough to do already and throw on the wiki
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Hey Will, I finally got a chance to update (was out with no data connection all day today) and all the saving/loading issues I described are fixed for SMRPG and whatever the other one was, I forget now. Lol! It also fixed another issue I noticed earlier in the day, when Turbo was pressed on SMRPG, the menu opened, then the load state bug and be turbo. Same when turning off. This was fixed with 0.0.3 as well, awesome!
    All those bugs were definitely related. As an artifact of refactoring too much at once (I got new ideas.. heh) I ended up creating a lookup table that was much smaller than the key space.. so the behavior when you hit keys depending on whatever memory it was reading past the end of the array... >_> <_<. That's definitely been fixed, sorry guys .

I'm super tired tonight or else I'd make one right now, I'm gonna bust out my girlfriends Cybershot camera and make one tomorrow. A few minutes of 4 or 5 games, gonna try to pick some impressive ones~
    Sounds great, look forward to it! Thanks!

Oh and for those saying there's a bug that the menu shows up while in card mode--this is a new FEATURE, or at least I thought so . Seems to be the right thing to do. Also, as a side note, the menu take a second to show up because it's also re-saving everything to make sure you're good, so if you find it's not autosaving correctly a nice trick is to throw it to card mode, wait until you see the menu, and throw it away . Not strictly necessary but good way to make sure that boss you beat STAYS dead.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast