Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Try this skin out. I've went ahead and increased the size of the buttons and joystick to accommodate bigger fingers. I've fiddled with the joystick deadzone a TINY bit as well.

Once again I've left things -very- transparent, and the start/select/L/R buttons are completely invisible (but easy to find/click). Here's a pic showing the location of everything:

Skin is attached, let me know if it suits you better. I can adjust it if it still needs some tweaking...
    Thanks man this is perfect. I was just playing through the part in Chrono Trigger where you have to chase the rat, and the smaller dpad just made it a bit tough to corner properly. This is much easier for playing, thanks.
    Because i'm a psychopath and bored and without a Touchpad.

Could a PS3 controller be implemented to play this? Most people have one and it gets rid of the touchscreen controls.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    I think this app is a perfect example of where haptic feedback on the touchscreen would be useful. Would love to have it vibrate on (and only on) a button press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Because i'm a psychopath and bored and without a Touchpad.

Could a PS3 controller be implemented to play this? Most people have one and it gets rid of the touchscreen controls.
    From what I understand this emulator is based on snes9x, which has joystick support. So I'm sure it could be added.

I would definitely donate or pay for a plugin with Wii remote support or something similar, only because I simply cannot play any of my Roms using the onscreen joystick
    Can I ask where the source is? git link on the wiki doesnt work. (and btw app rocks!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    Thanks man this is perfect. I was just playing through the part in Chrono Trigger where you have to chase the rat, and the smaller dpad just made it a bit tough to corner properly. This is much easier for playing, thanks.
    Glad it helped . I'm actually enjoying the bigger skin myself - seems like I hit a sweet-spot for controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggrich76 View Post
    From what I understand this emulator is based on snes9x, which has joystick support. So I'm sure it could be added.

I would definitely donate or pay for a plugin with Wii remote support or something similar, only because I simply cannot play any of my Roms using the onscreen joystick
    I tried playing the SNES emulator for my Desire HD, the screens big enough. But you can't tell where the buttons are, so you die constantly.
    Is it possible to use the save states from this with snes9x on PC?
    I've noticed people asking where to get snes roms a lot, which can be dodgy avoiding viruses etc. If you want I can email you a few roms to get you started. Just PM me your email and a few of the roms your looking for, and I will do what I can.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Do any skins work in portrait mode? Its a little uncomfortable playing in landscape.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ok, I went ahead and made a new skin that's a bit better suited for the touchpad's size.

This is a VERY transparent skin meant to be as unobtrusive as possible while still being functional. This skin is meant to be used in fullscreen STRETCH mode (go into options in superNES and make sure stretch is on).

It works brilliantly with RPG's, which is what I've been using it for. I've limited the amount of on-screen elements. As you can see from this picture:

(NOTE: That's a composite image of what it -should- look like, the reality is you'll have a black border around the screen due to scaling to the pre's 480x320 screen which is not 4:3. In reality it'll cut slightly through the A button for example - this will not effect anything and the skin still works beautifully. Once DTZ releases an updated superNES this screenshot should reflect what you'll see.)

The circle on the left is your joystick. Place your thumb in the center of it and move it around to move. ABXY is on the right, start/select in the middle bottom. The LEFT and RIGHT shoulder buttons are NOT visualized, they are placed directly above the joystick, and the ABXY buttons. So to utilize them, simply tap just a bit above either of these controls. right/left shoulder buttons aren't used in many games, but I put it there just in case it's needed. I just didn't want to clutter the screen with a mostly-useless button. I've made everything very transparent so it won't bother you while reading text or looking at the various scenery .

At any rate, it works, it's nice, and I can easily scale it up once DTZ gives us a 1024x768 version of superNES. Unzip this attatched file into your /snes folder on the touchpad. So it should be placed into /snes/skins/RPGNEW

Hope you all like it!

EDIT: I'm also thinking about remaking this placing select in the top left corner, and start in the top right corner, and eliminating the graphics showing these things (so, big invisible buttons). That'd still make things usable, but would get rid of every possible piece of screen-clutter).
    Can you make a version of this with bigger buttons? Theyre too tiny.

edit: Like, just a tad bit bigger. Like 1.5x
    Last edited by lythinca; 09/01/2011 at 04:12 PM.
    ok I already have skins to choose from on my hp touchpad, but when I set them to play on the snes settings and then open a game I see no buttons! the skins are there in options but I can't see for gameplay. I'm sure its somethin simple I must be overlooking but can someone help me out?
  13.    #573  
    Just popping in to say/remind y'all that SuperNES has *not* been updated for the touchpad yet :-). Keep the bug reports coming, but unfortunately for now there's no ETA, sorry! I'd have pulled it from the app cat but small amount of snes goodness seems better than none, even its ridiculously "buggy". Take care, and happy gaming!

PS great skins guys, love the amazing work you guys do on that front! For when I get to updating this, would you guys mind me including them in the app itself? Let me know, and thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    sure, you can use my snes controller skin i made.
    but if you update the app to higher res, then i'm going to re-release it at 1024x
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I'm wondering how saves are handled. I copied over a Super Mario RPG ROM I played with SNES9X on the PC expecting my save data to be preserved but it wasn't. I tried using .000 and .SRM files and putting them in the "appdata" directory of the app but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not very far into the game but I hate replaying stuff!
    Not too sure if its just me but can anyone press more than one button at a time with the same finger on the touchpad?

For instance on MegaMan X I like to have my blaster(Y) charged while moving around and jumping(B) but when I jump the charge is released. Using two fingers works but it's pretty uncomfortable :P

Not sure if it's a bug or if my thumb just sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrdxdvoko View Post
    Not too sure if its just me but can anyone press more than one button at a time with the same finger on the touchpad?

For instance on MegaMan X I like to have my blaster(Y) charged while moving around and jumping(B) but when I jump the charge is released. Using two fingers works but it's pretty uncomfortable :P

Not sure if it's a bug or if my thumb just sucks
    i tested my skin with super mario world. i can hold Y all the time to run and hit B still by rolling my thumb. seems to work

a controller would be better tho
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    a controller would be better tho
    Totally agree. I really hope bluetooth support is added at some point. Using a Wii Classic controller would make this the greatest app of all time lol
    hrrrm, tried out your skin, looks nice btw. Still no go on two button presses with same finger. Maybe its game specific? Mind trying out megaman x to see? I've tried uninstall/reinstall and pretty much most of the skins on this forum :P
    Had a program that could map keys, but then I lost it